Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Yes, no bid yet made. Yawn!
  • JW said talks positive and ongoing and could still complete this week.....
  • So nothing has happened then.
  • 90 min call between Oz and the US apparently, god only knows what sort of hybrid ownership we could end up with if it does finally land.
  • We don't even know who was involved in the talks do we? Is this Australians and Americans taking about making a bid or is it a consortium and the club?
  • Sponsored links:

• N01R4M said:

JW now saying last night's talks were hugely positive and it could still happen this week

I see nothing positive if the deal is to have the club and the ground in different hands.
    Niether do I.
    It would almost be as bad as Roland selling the club and retaining the valley.
  • edited January 2019
    We've had Roland for too long.

If it means Roland retains nothing in our club, I am quite pleased. Obviously I would prefer 100% ownership, but I won't worry too much if both invest to make us a money making, successful premier league side in 5 years. :wink:
  • Sounds about 90% done to me.......

Which means a 'Done Deal' right..?
  • I'm really starting to hate football....
  • I’m sure my view will be in a minority but the Football Club / Valley split is only bad if the deal agreed is bad.

There are scenarios where it could be very helpful to an ambitious football club owner who would prefer to spend on getting the football club into the top flight as the priority. Thats where the big bucks are and buy the real estate on agreed terms further down the line. Of course that’s a good view and there are also bad scenarios but just assuming it’s 100% bad is not quite true.

I'm actually with you on that.
  • #TeamWIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• This is becoming like one of those reality shows or documentaries, edited to build up the tension. Alternate the comments, some super positive, some negative..

"This cake has the potential to be sensational"
    "If the cake doesn't cool quickly enough, it'll be a disaster"
    "I don't know if it's cool enough, but I have to ice it now"
  • Dazzler21 said:

I’m sure my view will be in a minority but the Football Club / Valley split is only bad if the deal agreed is bad.

There are scenarios where it could be very helpful to an ambitious football club owner who would prefer to spend on getting the football club into the top flight as the priority. Thats where the big bucks are and buy the real estate on agreed terms further down the line. Of course that’s a good view and there are also bad scenarios but just assuming it’s 100% bad is not quite true.

I'm actually with you on that.
    Thank god ;0)

• A consortium between two countries opposite sides of the world doesn't sit right with me.

I actually think we are better off with RD until another interested party decides to pay the ludicrous price.

The world of business is a very small place and money speaks all language’s
  • red10 said:

JW said talks positive and ongoing and could still complete this week.....

@jimmyseed mk 2. Keep 'em sweet & onside. Just keep saying "we're still here" and they'll swallow it.
  • I will review my bid after the transfer window closes.

I've officially removed the Quality Street/Heroes/Roses offer made pre Christmas and am currently negotiating with Thorntons on their 2019 Easter Egg collection to add back into my revised bid.

Still looking for additional backers to help the Club get past the first week of my ownership, which is what I'm currently able to finance.
  • Addickted said:

I will review my bid after the transfer window closes.

I've officially removed the Quality Street/Heroes/Roses offer made pre Christmas and am currently negotiating with Thorntons on their 2019 Easter Egg collection to add back into my revised bid.

Still looking for additional backers to help the Club get past the first week of my ownership, which is what I'm currently able to finance.

I have two unopened boxes of Matchmakers if that helps, will happily donate if it gets the deal over the line
  • lolwray said:

How can I stop getting emails from cl telling me somebody has contributed to this thread ....I have about 500 to delete

You may have accidentally “starred” the thread. If you’re on your phone, look on the right of the CL homescreen - if there’s a solid star, tap it to uncheck it.
  • So nothing has happened then.

If you are a pessimist/AFKA Type - The price is still the sticking point and nothing has been agreed. It's NOT close.
    Just to be clear on my stance. I'm not a pessimist per se and not just saying 'won't happen' for the sake of it. I've just simply seen or heard nothing over the last two years that has led me to hold a strong belief that anything was imminently successful.

Whenever there has been a spike of 'its happening' excitement, its always underlined by too many unknowns and o/s obstacles to give any confidence it that 'this is it'.

I still think there is a chance of this current interest being successful, but there has not been enough info currently out there to give confidence that it will.

that's my view
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!