Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

castrust said:

50% of 928 respondents said they were likely to buy a season ticket if there was a change of ownership

https://castrust.org/2018/05/season-ticket-and-attitudes-survey-results/

Yes I looked up the survey after I posted my question. Very useful.
    If I were the Aussies I might offer a discount for a couple of weeks after any takeover, although would anyone who had paid the higher price want a rebate?
    cafcfan said:

There are remarkable similarities.

In 1086, Charlton had 13 villagers and two slaves. Today 13 players, and Bowyer and Jackson.

The tenant-in-chief was Bishop Odo. Now it's Roland Odd. Bishop Odo of Bayeux never visited either.

The Lord of the Manor was William, son of Oger. Now it's Tony Ogre.

Back then Charlton was worth £7. Now it's feck all.

BTW, it's a bit weird that William, son of Oger held only three properties, Footscray, our Charlton and another Charlton down near Dover.

opendomesday.org/place/TQ4177/charlton/

That site is really cool, thanks for sharing (the slaves thing is a bit grim though!).
    Yeah, it's good isn't it? But I think I might have been a bit misleading on the "worth" thing. Not sure but I suspect that's what the gaff would have brought in to the Son of Oger per annum. (I guess that the place itself was worth nothing because William The Bastard could have just taken it back on a whim and granted it to someone else?)
  • Options
    Rothko said:

This whole thing is fucking tiresome, what's the crackpot theory that explains why it'll be done after Norwich and not before?

Expecting a full house and want everybody to wait until the final whistle...
  • Options
    agim said:

From a friend who works closely with the club:

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

Deal is now complete and is awaiting approval from the FA.

Won't be announced until after Norwich game.

Thanks to @CrabApples for putting this on the bite sized thread.

The delay would square with what has trickled out from two or three people. It's frustrating, it feels like a lot of valuable time potentially lost for something that seems, from the outside looking in, like it would be avoidable.

Assuming this is correct and everything falls into place bang on the 28th, then they would have one week to do business with lower league teams before the transfer window closes (I think it's the end of the month for loans if I'm not mistaken, don't know about overseas transfers). And again, that's best case scenario.

All we can do now is hope this time through the EFL goes smoothly, that the Aussies are willing to put some expenditure into the club up front (both in terms of players and in terms of the huge number of "office staff" vacancies). And hope that Gallen and Bowyer have a list of players in the event some money came in.

A lot of hoping, but we've made it this far on hope.

Thanks for the info @agim
  • Options
    The Norwich game is 28th July?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    THE DEAL IS DONE
    Between Roly and the Aussies at least...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    sm said:

William the Conquerer was my 26th Great Grandfather.

Just saying.

hello Danny Dyer ;-)
    I suspect he was everyone's 26th Great Grandfather - 2 to the power of 28 = 268,435,456 which was more than the population of the world in 1066.
    That’s not quite how it works but...

Merde.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

agim said:

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

The delay would square with what has trickled out from two or three people. It's frustrating, it feels like a lot of valuable time potentially lost for something that seems, from the outside looking in, like it would be avoidable.

Assuming this is correct and everything falls into place bang on the 28th, then they would have one week to do business with lower league teams before the transfer window closes (I think it's the end of the month for loans if I'm not mistaken, don't know about overseas transfers). And again, that's best case scenario.

All we can do now is hope this time through the EFL goes smoothly, that the Aussies are willing to put some expenditure into the club up front (both in terms of players and in terms of the huge number of "office staff" vacancies). And hope that Gallen and Bowyer have a list of players in the event some money came in.

Assuming everything else that the EFL have is ok & all they will be looking at is 1 new investor then I'd have hoped that it shouldn't take that long.

However. how & why someone would say it would be announced after the Norwich game is a bit bizarre...........what say the EFL agreed everything by this weekend, are the Aussies just going to sit there & do nothing for a week ??. I also don't think it really matters now though as if it did happen next Saturday it will be a bit late for the this season.

I'm not going to believe it as my hopes will only be dashed & I'm going away that day so don't want to ruin my holiday.
  • Options
    Isn't the bite sized threat supposed to stay stickied for a little bit so people get a chance to spot it/read it?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Isn't the bite sized threat supposed to stay stickied for a little bit so people get a chance to spot it/read it?

@Crabbles doesn't have that ability.
  • Options
    There is nothing to update though really is there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Just a friendly reminder:
    THE DEAL IS DONE

We now have a 6 month FA approval waiting time...

• Options

SDAddick said:

agim said:

Assuming everything else that the EFL have is ok & all they will be looking at is 1 new investor then I'd have hoped that it shouldn't take that long.

However. how & why someone would say it would be announced after the Norwich game is a bit bizarre...........what say the EFL agreed everything by this weekend, are the Aussies just going to sit there & do nothing for a week ??. I also don't think it really matters now though as if it did happen next Saturday it will be a bit late for the this season.

I'm not going to believe it as my hopes will only be dashed & I'm going away that day so don't want to ruin my holiday.
    They say *not before* the Norwich game, which means they think that it will take at least a week from now, if not longer. Assuming this is true, I don't think 1-2 weeks for the FPP process in unreasonable.

Again, I can't speak to the accuracy of this, but I do think it's reasonable to assume there is a lag between submitting the final (hopefully) paperwork to the EFL and the deal being signed off on by them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

THE DEAL IS DONE

That's why there's a delay - they sent the papers to the wrong bloody people! It's the EFL, not the FA dumbkoffs!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Dazzler21 said:

THE DEAL IS DONE

That's why there's a delay - they sent the papers to the wrong bloody people! It's the EFL, not the FA dumbkoffs!
    It's okay the EFL have to submit the finalised paperwork for approval to the FA. At least that's my understanding... Which is likely incorrect...
  • Options
    edited July 2018

JamesSeed said:

agim said:

1 day after the Norwich game or 2 years afterwards?
    Does it really make any difference? It’s a five year plan after all.
    Of course it matters. And that plan might well go out of the window dependant on circumstances.

All well and good saying they are in it for the long haul but we are in a pretty shite position now.
    Sorry I was kidding. Should have used the winky thing.

But you have to look at it from their point of view. It’s not their fault we’re in a shite position, but the present and previous regimes’.

And at which stage of the negotiations would you have cut corners to speed things up? Because how else could you speed up what is effectively a legal process.

If they’ve made a mistake on the way that’s slowed things up, then fair enough, but even that wouldn’t have been deliberate.

I know it’s frustrating as hell though, for everybody.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

castrust said:

50% of 928 respondents said they were likely to buy a season ticket if there was a change of ownership

If I were the Aussies I might offer a discount for a couple of weeks after any takeover, although would anyone who had paid the higher price want a rebate?
    cafcfan said:

In 1086, Charlton had 13 villagers and two slaves. Today 13 players, and Bowyer and Jackson.

The tenant-in-chief was Bishop Odo. Now it's Roland Odd. Bishop Odo of Bayeux never visited either.

BTW, it's a bit weird that William, son of Oger held only three properties, Footscray, our Charlton and another Charlton down near Dover.

That site is really cool, thanks for sharing (the slaves thing is a bit grim though!).
    Right, I'm glad someone else noticed how interesting that is!
    JamesSeed said:

agim said:

The transfer window might make a difference.
  • Options

se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

castrust said:

cafcfan said:

Right, I'm glad someone else noticed how interesting that is!
    JamesSeed said:

agim said:

The transfer window might make a difference.
    Was kidding. Will edit that post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All this 'in the know' stuff is utter bollocks. Nobody on here has got a bloody clue, just like the rest of us!

How do you know?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

All this 'in the know' stuff is utter bollocks. Nobody on here has got a bloody clue, just like the rest of us!

How do you know?
    Who told you?
  • Options

What are you hiding?
  • Options
    Come on........out with it!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

agim said:

Of course it matters. And that plan might well go out of the window dependant on circumstances.

All well and good saying they are in it for the long haul but we are in a pretty shite position now.
    Sorry I was kidding. Should have used the winky thing.

But you have to look at it from their point of view. It’s not their fault we’re in a shite position, but the present and previous regimes’.

And at which stage of the negotiations would you have cut corners to speed things up? Because how else could you speed up what is effectively a legal process.

If they’ve made a mistake on the way that’s slowed things up, then fair enough, but even that wouldn’t have been deliberate.

I know it’s frustrating as hell though, for everybody.
    To be honest I don't think any of us really know what the issues have been. No doubt a lot of it is to do with Roland and the previous regime. The Aussies cannot be blamed for this nor can they be blamed that we are currently a League 1 side with a squad that looks incapable of changing that for the better this coming season.

It is frustrating, and although not their fault, doesn't mean we should be content its a 5 year plan. Every week with Roland makes that plan more difficult IMO.
  • Options

What’s worse ignorance or indifference? I don’t know and I don’t care.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!