Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Colin just can’t bear the thought that someone else may have a better handle or take on what’s going on than him.
    Seeing him wriggle is highly entertaining, he’s beside himself with rage!
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

agim said:

From a friend who works closely with the club:

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

Deal is now complete and is awaiting approval from the FA.

Won't be announced until after Norwich game.

1 day after the Norwich game or 2 years afterwards?
    Does it really make any difference? It’s a five year plan after all.
    Of course it matters. And that plan might well go out of the window dependant on circumstances.

All well and good saying they are in it for the long haul but we are in a pretty shite position now.
    Sorry I was kidding. Should have used the winky thing.

But you have to look at it from their point of view. It’s not their fault we’re in a shite position, but the present and previous regimes’.

And at which stage of the negotiations would you have cut corners to speed things up? Because how else could you speed up what is effectively a legal process.

If they’ve made a mistake on the way that’s slowed things up, then fair enough, but even that wouldn’t have been deliberate.

I know it’s frustrating as hell though, for everybody.
    To be honest I don't think any of us really know what the issues have been. No doubt a lot of it is to do with Roland and the previous regime. The Aussies cannot be blamed for this nor can they be blamed that we are currently a League 1 side with a squad that looks incapable of changing that for the better this coming season.

It is frustrating, and although not their fault, doesn't mean we should be content its a 5 year plan. Every week with Roland makes that plan more difficult IMO.
    Agreed, but I don't see we have a choice.
  • Is it the Norwich game because they play in green and yellow?
  • https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/panelSearch.jspx?searchText=611655264&searchType=OrgAndBusNm&_adf.ctrl-state=13kifnnocg_55

Finally tracked down ABC. No documents lodged since Aug 2017. How does that sync with reports that an investor failed FPP? Even if an Everton/Toon director watered down his investment it would need documenting here. Unless he has sold UK football shares. Anyone got a window into this?
  • Colin just can’t bear the thought that someone else may have a better handle or take on what’s going on than him.
    Seeing him wriggle is highly entertaining, he’s beside himself with rage!

It also doesn’t fit his view that everything is ok and better days are just around the corner.

Peeters was the best manager since Curbs remember.

We’ve always been unlucky with injuries, there’s nothing anyone could have done to avoid the same injury crisis we’ve had every year under RDs ownership.

The takeover is always going well and never far away from completion.
  • edited July 2018
    Even more curious this EPL approval. Directors of AFC from the incorporation to now are Dirk Scott (I assume Muir's accountant) Peter McBain and Bruce McFarlane. None have any Google profile but could have been doctored as Meire did.

Welcome to the club guys, although I assume you are front men and won't actually turn up at the Valley.

But it does beg the question as to how they fell foul of FPP?
  • Even more curious this EPL approval. Directors of AFC from the incorporation are Dirk Scott (I assume Muir's accountant) Peter McBain and Bruce McFarlane. None have any Google profile but could have been doctored as Meire did.

Welcome to the club guys, although I assume you are front men and won't actually turn up at the Valley.

Mmmmm......very interesting stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Isn't the bite sized threat supposed to stay stickied for a little bit so people get a chance to spot it/read it?

To be honest I didn’t think to sticky it.....and thanks for bringing it to AFKA’s attention. I’m hanging on by a thread here, really needed you questioning my modding capabilities :wink:
    Dazzler21 said:

Curb_It said:

Isn't the bite sized threat supposed to stay stickied for a little bit so people get a chance to spot it/read it?

@Crabbles doesn't have that ability.
    I can do many things thank you
  • edited July 2018

Even more curious this EPL approval. Directors of AFC from the incorporation to now are Dirk Scott (I assume Muir's accountant) Peter McBain and Bruce McFarlane. None have any Google profile but could have been doctored as Meire did.

Peter McBain and Bruce McFarlane, pretty sure we’ve got ourselves some superhero alter-egos right damn there. They don’t fool me, I wonder what their super powers are and when they will reveal them? I worry that if they can’t fix pot holes with their super-cement-eyes or increase the chip count using a laser beam emitting from the front of their helmet then there’s still gonna be a dwindling pool of unhappy punters in SE7 :unamused:
  • Even more curious this EPL approval. Directors of AFC from the incorporation to now are Dirk Scott (I assume Muir's accountant) Peter McBain and Bruce McFarlane. None have any Google profile but could have been doctored as Meire did.

An Interesting link @harveys_gardener - lots of info available - but at a cost. Did you buy some of the downloads to get the names?
  • All this 'in the know' stuff is utter bollocks. Nobody on here has got a bloody clue, just like the rest of us!

What’s worse ignorance or indifference? I don’t know and I don’t care.
    I don’t know why you bother.
  • How do I post a linky thing?
  • edited July 2018
    I have a pdf. on my phone. No idea how to get it here.
  • edited July 2018

When I tried, I got

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

And now it has gone, weird and mysterious, just like the takeover :smiley:
  • Found a peter mcbain from aus who was director of a construction company. However it went into administration last year and has since disappeared. Bit worrying
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    IdleHans said:

Is it worth pointing out that 'Colin' is French for 'hake'?

Very much so, and the Finns say ‘kummeliturska’.
  • Fumbluff said:

Peter McBain and Bruce McFarlane, pretty sure we’ve got ourselves some superhero alter-egos right damn there. They don’t fool me, I wonder what their super powers are and when they will reveal them? I worry that if they can’t fix pot holes with their super-cement-eyes or increase the chip count using a laser beam emitting from the front of their helmet then there’s still gonna be a dwindling pool of unhappy punters in SE7 :unamused:
    Dirk Scott’s going to feel a bit left out if that’s the case.
  • He must be the love interest that can’t see past the cunning disguises, eyeglasses on both of them and I think one changes his parting from right to left.
    It’s so obvious you wouldn’t believe it
  • @Ross think I’m working too hard..
  • edited July 2018
    There is a Bruce MACFARLANE who is COO of a Victoria based fx company, AquireFX. No idea if the same person
  • Is it an Australian takeover or a Scottish one? Is this how RD justified the British bid, based on surnames?
  • edited July 2018
    Fumbluff said:

He must be the love interest that can’t see past the cunning disguises, eyeglasses on both of them and I think one changes his parting from right to left.
    It’s so obvious you wouldn’t believe it

Did you have mushrooms with your omelette tonight?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!