Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That listing is from Feb 2015
  • So our business address is Gerard Murphy’s home address, currently available for rent?

http://www.onthehouse.com.au/for_rent/325604/10_carnoustie_ave_jan_juc_vic_3228?status=off-market,for-sale,for-rent&soldHistory&stateCode=VIC&suburb=Jan Juc&postCode=3228&streetName=Carnoustie&streetType=AVE

And taken from a Bruce Mcfarlanes online bio

“Bruce applies the same energetic attitude to his project management and business development activities at BlueRock – as well as to a fresh seafood platter when given the chance. He’ll most definitely fight you for the prawns.”

Everyone back to their fish pubs please. I cod’nt believe it when I read the above.

Athletico, don't come the Raw Prawn with me fella.
  • I used to work with a Pete Bain. My grandmother was a McFarlane. It's coming home.

Whoops, sorry. Too last week.
  • JamesSeed said:
    So we are waiting for GM to rent his house out to raise enough funds to buy Charlton?

Share the f#%&k out of the advert to get this deal done.
    That’s not his house.
  • edited July 2018
  • edited July 2018
    Good chance then there will be a tesco van outside the training ground in the morning, with a pint of milk, a box of shredded wheat, and a box of Daz washing powder.
  • Dark times.... the first teams kit will be on some poor sods washing line again soon...
  • I think everyone is going to be surprised by how few people actually come back and buy season tickets.

Starting to think that too, huge amounts of goodwill being burnt at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

agim said:

From a friend who works closely with the club:

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

Deal is now complete and is awaiting approval from the FA.

Won't be announced until after Norwich game.

Dave2l said:

My inside source tells me the deal will likely be announced just after the Norwich game. Didn't even know we was playing Norwich

2+2=4

-1? Thats 3 quick maffs
  • sm said:

William the Conquerer was my 26th Great Grandfather.

Just saying.

hello Danny Dyer ;-)
    I suspect he was everyone's 26th Great Grandfather - 2 to the power of 28 = 268,435,456 which was more than the population of the world in 1066.
    That is why we are all related to each other.
    You do the maths.
    Sorry sm, you just did !
  • I think everyone is going to be surprised by how few people actually come back and buy season tickets.

Another 2% was the figure I’d heard
  • This is an utter shambles of a situation.

If the Aussies don’t complete it within the next week the next season is a wash out.

So angry with it.
  • The thing about not being allowed to turn lights on for meetings, that’s not actually true, is it?

Yep. Outside of those that still contribute on social media who add that opinion, I’m convinced there are not thousands waiting with their cheque books at the ready.

It’s a massive rebuild job. It can be done, and I’m sure it will, but it will take time.
    I can remember when we signed Allan Simonsen. Mark Hulyer thought the rush for tickets was going to pay for his wages. If memory serves me correctly, we only sold a few hundred
  • Dave2l said:

My inside source tells me the deal will likely be announced just after the Norwich game. Didn't even know we was playing Norwich

Hooray, Roly Rollmops dace are numbered!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

The thing about not being allowed to turn lights on for meetings, that’s not actually true, is it?

@LouisMend is certain it’s true.

• se9addick said:

The thing about not being allowed to turn lights on for meetings, that’s not actually true, is it?

I’d like to know the truth behind this headline too. Most businesses from time to time have a push to drive costs down and encourage staff to be mindful of energy wastage, paper wastage etc. We are currently a failing business after all so doing nothing on costs is not a strategy. What exactly have they been asked to do?

Likewise the loss of nutritional breakfasts. Again have we ditched platters of fresh fruit and individual diet plans or just stopped providing porridge when they want it?

Messages like this make sensational headlines like the Man Utd Kit is now nearly £200 but in reality the shirt was still c£60.

The truth would be good in order to interpret the actual impact. Maybe it’s all true but I don’t want to rely on the headline.

And maybe all irrelevant if the takeover happens anyway.
  • edited July 2018

I’ll add, if 9 months ago it was announced Roland had sold I’dhave been pretty sure I would have been in a packed pub that evening celebrating like we’d won a Millwall game.

It it was announced today, it will probably generate no more than an ‘at last’ muttering.

I’m still not convinced whether a takeover or a win vs Millwall will come first.

They might end up with similar waits...

I agree. I think it's gone on for so long and there have been too many false dawns. IF the takeover happens this side of September I wonder how many people will wait to see how the new owners are doing before returning. Can I stand getting back that feeling I used to have for my club incase it's taken away again?
  • I’ll add, if 9 months ago it was announced Roland had sold I’dhave been pretty sure I would have been in a packed pub that evening celebrating like we’d won a Millwall game.

It it was announced today, it will probably generate no more than an ‘at last’ muttering.

I’m still not convinced whether a takeover or a win vs Millwall will come first.

You're such an old misery ;-)
  • Rothko said:

JamesSeed said:

I’ll add, if 9 months ago it was announced Roland had sold I’dhave been pretty sure I would have been in a packed pub that evening celebrating like we’d won a Millwall game.

You're such an old misery ;-)
    But we keep being told it’s close, it seems no closer today then it did on May 17th.

They’ll be relief when it’s done, but the celebratory mood of May has long gone
    Totally agree.
    Some even claimed it was a done deal in February.
    Can't blame people being fed up with the whole affair.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!