Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    cafcfan said:

There are remarkable similarities.

In 1086, Charlton had 13 villagers and two slaves. Today 13 players, and Bowyer and Jackson.

The tenant-in-chief was Bishop Odo. Now it's Roland Odd. Bishop Odo of Bayeux never visited either.

The Lord of the Manor was William, son of Oger. Now it's Tony Ogre.

Back then Charlton was worth £7. Now it's feck all.

BTW, it's a bit weird that William, son of Oger held only three properties, Footscray, our Charlton and another Charlton down near Dover.

opendomesday.org/place/TQ4177/charlton/

Must have been confusing for him when he put ‘Charlton’ in his Satnav...
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Is there any connection between this thread and the Jehovah witnesses ?
    The end is nigh.

No one has knocked at my door, from this thread yet
    Wait until your ST is delivered by Bowyer.
    Somebodies knocking at my do-or, somebodies a-ringing my bell....
  • Options
    agim said:

From a friend who works closely with the club:

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

Deal is now complete and is awaiting approval from the FA.

Won't be announced until after Norwich game.

Thats good,@JamesSeed can you send my prize
  • Options
    Is the Norwich game before or after the buying a ticket tax is removed?
  • Options
    agim said:

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

What about the EFL though?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

castrust said:

50% of 928 respondents said they were likely to buy a season ticket if there was a change of ownership

https://castrust.org/2018/05/season-ticket-and-attitudes-survey-results/

Yes I looked up the survey after I posted my question. Very useful.
    If I were the Aussies I might offer a discount for a couple of weeks after any takeover, although would anyone who had paid the higher price want a rebate?
    cafcfan said:

There are remarkable similarities.

In 1086, Charlton had 13 villagers and two slaves. Today 13 players, and Bowyer and Jackson.

The tenant-in-chief was Bishop Odo. Now it's Roland Odd. Bishop Odo of Bayeux never visited either.

The Lord of the Manor was William, son of Oger. Now it's Tony Ogre.

Back then Charlton was worth £7. Now it's feck all.

BTW, it's a bit weird that William, son of Oger held only three properties, Footscray, our Charlton and another Charlton down near Dover.

opendomesday.org/place/TQ4177/charlton/

That site is really cool, thanks for sharing (the slaves thing is a bit grim though!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Uboat said:

So CARD are the true inheritors of Anglo-Saxon resistance.

Resistance which was utterly crushed and destroyed followed by a period of brutal repression and the destruction of a whole way of life.

Have a great day, everyone.
    Worst thing that ever happened to this country - it's taken us nearly 1,000 years to realise it and get out of French and German dominated Europe.

(Awaits bellicose replies from Remainers - but please, careful with those arrows!)

You mean bow-yers?
  • Options
    Any idea what The Valley Cafe were charging for a Full English back in 1086?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

agim said:

1 day after the Norwich game or 2 years afterwards?
    Does it really make any difference? It’s a five year plan after all ;-)

[Sorry, poor joke]
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Any idea what The Valley Cafe were charging for a Full English back in 1086?

Read my earlier post about the destruction of a way of life. They would have been serving a Full Norman.
    I’d like to think that was not the case......some things are sacred you know.
  • Options
    This whole thing is fucking tiresome, what's the crackpot theory that explains why it'll be done after Norwich and not before?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

agim said:

1 day after the Norwich game or 2 years afterwards?
    Does it really make any difference? It’s a five year plan after all.
    Of course it matters. And that plan might well go out of the window dependant on circumstances.

All well and good saying they are in it for the long haul but we are in a pretty shite position now.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

This whole thing is fucking tiresome, what's the crackpot theory that explains why it'll be done after Norwich and not before?

Like others have said.... a day after a week after.....several months after?
    This dubious announcement is just that.....dubious. It sounds like a Colinism to me.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Like others have said.... a day after a week after.....several months after?
    This dubious announcement is just that.....dubious. It sounds like a Colinism to me.
    This
  • Options
    If it's complete and needs approval then it's not really complete is it?
  • Options

Rothko said:

If the deal is complete, why wait and waste two weeks of the transfer window, doesn't make any sense, but none of this whole shambolic charade has

Rothko said:

Durrrrrr.

What colours do Norwich play in ?

Makes perfect sense to me.

• Options

William the Conquerer was my 26th Great Grandfather.

Just saying.

hello Danny Dyer ;-)
    I suspect he was everyone's 26th Great Grandfather - 2 to the power of 28 = 268,435,456 which was more than the population of the world in 1066.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!