Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Unless i've mis-read this, it says 'NO precipitation' for Sat 4th - its raining on the Friday.
    Even Duchatelet doesnt have influence on the weather !
  • Options

Unless i've mis-read this, it says 'NO precipitation' for Sat 4th - its raining on the Friday.
    Think again

https://youtu.be/IyjJbhuwGkU
  • Options

Addickted said:

If anyone is staying at Hotel Stayen, could they please PM me - thanks.

Did you still want those simple tips on how to block up a complete foul water drainage system?

No, it's how to amend the fire alarm system, so it goes off hourly :wink:
    It just so happens @LiveByTheSword is now a qualified fire alarm engineer :wink:

• Options

The forecast keeps changing it was rain earlier when I posted link !
  • Options
    My weather app forecasts light rain in the afternoon but as an avid user of that app on the Continent I've learnt not to pay too much attention to the detail earlier than 48 hours ahead. The good thing is that no kind of Weather Event (the kind of thing that now must have a silly name like Doris) looks to be on the radar in the Atlantic.
  • Options
    How many do you think will be there?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

A fair few payments in since Saturday with lots more signing up for the jolly.

Jolly? Jolly? I dont want to witness anybody, smiling, enjoying themselves or getting drunk....unless of course there is a press announcement from Charlton FC about ownership changes :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

new song for the lads in Belgium. (I presume they speak French there)

Nous sommes St Truiden et nous Ne pas putain de Danse

The perils of speaking in the wrong language when travelling by coach:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0wNl66tT3Q
  • Options
    I've just remembered how much I hate travelling across sea. I've been on various boats and ships and have never actually been sick but am paralysed by fear. Ex-husband no. 2 liked to sail and had to set up his boat to sail singlehanded as I was completely useless. We once crossed the channel in a pretty flat sea but I spent all 14 hours inside the bunk - I didn't even leave the bunk to go to the loo but held on. So it has just struck me that we will be travelling by ferry on Saturday. Bugger. If you see a very anxious person on the deck looking at the horizon (I understand that's meant to help) - it's me. Please come and say hello.
  • Options
    I love a rough sea for some reason - but I am travelling over on Le Shuttle unfortunately!
  • Options

I love a rough sea for some reason - but I am travelling over on Le Shuttle unfortunately!

i'm happy to swap
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I've just remembered how much I hate travelling across sea. I've been on various boats and ships and have never actually been sick but am paralysed by fear. Ex-husband no. 2 liked to sail and had to set up his boat to sail singlehanded as I was completely useless. We once crossed the channel in a pretty flat sea but I spent all 14 hours inside the bunk - I didn't even leave the bunk to go to the loo but held on. So it has just struck me that we will be travelling by ferry on Saturday. Bugger. If you see a very anxious person on the deck looking at the horizon (I understand that's meant to help) - it's me. Please come and say hello.

It is only about an hour, and these ferries are so huge these days it is more like continental drift.
    You can wander the lounges and suchlike to get a distraction.
    I don't expect you will have trouble, anyway I am relying on you to help with my banners.
    :smile:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is only about an hour, and these ferries are so huge these days it is more like continental drift.
    I don't expect you will have trouble, anyway I am relying on you to help with my banners.
    Going by ferry these days is more like travelling in a huge service station (which might induce nausea of another kind, granted).
  • Options

seth plum said:

Going by ferry these days is more like travelling in a huge service station (which might induce nausea of another kind, granted).
    It's more fear than sickness though. What if we sunk? I have horrible memories of The Poseidon film with Hatty Jakes....
  • Options

seth plum said:

It's more fear than sickness though. What if we sunk? I have horrible memories of The Poseidon film with Hatty Jakes....
    Shelly Winters. ;)
    I do know of someone that has a "non transferable" Eurostar train ticket. Apparently they don't check names just valid tickets.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Sounds like you need a distraction. A couple of drinks and somebody to have a really good argument with. I'd be happy to oblige, my Brexit argument sessions start at only €5 but sadly I am on the Eurostar...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Sounds like you need a distraction. A couple of drinks and somebody to have a really good argument with. I'd be happy to oblige, my Brexit argument sessions start at only €5 but sadly I am on the Eurostar...

Are you in or out?
  • Options
    Not wishing to shorten a debate here but unfortunately we are all out.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Are you in or out?
    I'm going to get Czech citizenship. So I'm in. And you are out. Bye.

(that's just a sample of my €5 Brexit argument, BTW :-) )

You really need to hope @Henry Irving is on your ferry. Empty rooms have been known to collapse before he even walked into them . Or his faithful lieutenant, @Addickted . Ask him about his carbon footprint.

• Options
    Get in quick if you want one of the last few coach places. @Arsenetatters you could probably make a fortune on e-bay...
  • Options
    Is that chap and his 30 mates who posted on here a few weeks back signed up yet?
  • Options
    Is Robinson getting some sort of commission from the organisers of this trip?
  • Options

Is Robinson getting some sort of commission from the organisers of this trip?

I understand he's just booked one of those 4 remaining seats on our coach.....
  • Options
    I think the only way we as fans can influence the sale of the club is by embarrassing RD to the point that it affects his credibility with his main businesses. Can one of the ringleaders at least confirm that there is a strategy for how we plan to do this?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I think the only way we as fans can influence the sale of the club is by embarrassing RD to the point that it affects his credibility with his main businesses. Can anyone one of the ringleaders at least confirm that there is a strategy for how we plan to do this?

Have rephrased your comment slightly! ☺️

From the Oxford English Dictionary:
    Ringleader:
    A person who initiates or leads an illicit or illegal activity.
    ‘the four ringleaders were sentenced to death on the gibbet’