Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubbish From The Manager

Comments

• edited January 2017
    jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

I'd give it just a few more months before drawing even the vaguest of parallels between Jimmy Seed and our Karl.

Absolutely no reason why I shouldn't. That's what forums are about. I'm hardly claiming he's the next Jimmy Seed am I.
    I believe in giving people a chance.
    If he loses theee of the next four games and gets sacked, well at least he tried to stir things up a bit.
    One reason would be, whether you want anyone to take anything you write seriously.

You've lost me. So why exactly can't I mention KR in the same sentence as Jimmy Seed?
    I'm just trying to ask a question. There's no need to try the clever put downs is there, really?
    Jimmy Seed is a god , Karl Robinson isn't fit to lace the boots that Jimmy Seeds grandchildren wear just yet ....
    But one day he may be (working in Clarks) .....joke the bit in brackets!
  • edited January 2017

Sooner or later, one of our managers will outlast the ownership. Perhaps that's why so many are keen to take on the job. So maybe we shouldn't dislike them just because they agreed to take on the job. In the past month KR has addressed the major problem most fans have been moaning about all season, the pedestrian midfield. We have gone from, Foley, Crofts, Jacko, to Crofts, Konsa, Aribo, Holmes, Forster-Caskey, which to me looks like a vast improvement. We then have the prospect of Chicksen or the young Chelsea lad as left back/wing back and Watt coming back as the much needed striker who can link the midfield, forward line. So I can kind of understand an excitable, enthusiastic bloke like KR, getting excited and enthusiastic.

Really? Holmes wasn't available under Slade but is under Robinson? And Slade signed Chicksen (about whom I am sceptical).

Watt is here because he was sent back. Regardless of what Robinson says, I expect he'll be bundled out the door for a fourth time if anyone will take him, if only for financial reasons. As will Teixeira.
  • edited January 2017

Sooner or later, one of our managers will outlast the ownership. Perhaps that's why so many are keen to take on the job. So maybe we shouldn't dislike them just because they agreed to take on the job. In the past month KR has addressed the major problem most fans have been moaning about all season, the pedestrian midfield. We have gone from, Foley, Crofts, Jacko, to Crofts, Konsa, Aribo, Holmes, Forster-Caskey, which to me looks like a vast improvement. We then have the prospect of Chicksen or the young Chelsea lad as left back/wing back and Watt coming back as the much needed striker who can link the midfield, forward line. So I can kind of understand an excitable, enthusiastic bloke like KR, getting excited and enthusiastic.

Really? Holmes wasn't available under Slade but is under Robinson? And Slade signed Chicksen (about whom I am sceptical).

Watt is here because he was sent back. Regardless of what Robinson says, I expect he'll be bundled out the door for a fourth time if anyone will take him, if only for financial reasons. As will Teixeira.
    I'm not singing his praises regarding signings. More saying that perhaps the cards have fallen in his favour, the midfield is looking far better than it did and I can therefore understand why he is being enthusiastic. Where I will give him credit is for daring to play Aribo at Southend and Aribo, Konsa in midfield together v Bristol Rovers. I highly doubt Slade would have done either. Tony Watt will be a good test of his management and authority.
  • edited January 2017

You've lost me. So why exactly can't I mention KR in the same sentence as Jimmy Seed?
    I'm just trying to ask a question. There's no need to try the clever put downs is there, really?

Jimmy Seed is a god , Karl Robinson isn't fit to lace the boots that Jimmy Seeds grandchildren wear just yet ....
    But one day he may be (working in Clarks) .....joke the bit in brackets!

I can tie my own shoelaces thanks! (Although I can struggle to get down to them on a bad day if I'm honest...)

• So far we've:

Sold - Lookman - A bright young English talent -winger/striker
    Replaced with - Dasilva - An unknown left back/winger considered 'potential' as he's from Chelsea. On loan.
    Verdict - Nah

Sold - Fox - Decent if not spectacular LB who was our best in the position and had championship experience.
    Replaced with - Page - LB who hasnt yet proved himself, maybe has promise?
    Verdict - Nah, not really

Released - Foley - Slow and shit
    Replaced with - JFC - Good but not yet solid CM
    Verdict - Yeah

So for me, two Nahs and one Yeah on the official transfer scale. I appreciate there will be more spending, and maybe we'll bring in 3-4 more that we need and of decent caliber too.

I'm hardly sporting a semi yet tho Robinson.
  • Sooner or later, one of our managers will outlast the ownership. Perhaps that's why so many are keen to take on the job. So maybe we shouldn't dislike them just because they agreed to take on the job. In the past month KR has addressed the major problem most fans have been moaning about all season, the pedestrian midfield. We have gone from, Foley, Crofts, Jacko, to Crofts, Konsa, Aribo, Holmes, Forster-Caskey, which to me looks like a vast improvement. We then have the prospect of Chicksen or the young Chelsea lad as left back/wing back and Watt coming back as the much needed striker who can link the midfield, forward line. So I can kind of understand an excitable, enthusiastic bloke like KR, getting excited and enthusiastic.

I'm not singing his praises regarding signings. More saying that perhaps the cards have fallen in his favour, the midfield is looking far better than it did and I can therefore understand why he is being enthusiastic. Where I will give him credit is for daring to play Aribo at Southend and Aribo, Konsa in midfield together v Bristol Rovers. I highly doubt Slade would have done either. Tony Watt will be a good test of his management and authority.
    I'd bet everything I own that Slade wouldn't have done.
  • Addicted said:

So far we've:

Replaced with - Dasilva - An unknown left back/winger considered 'potential' as he's from Chelsea. On loan.
    Verdict - Nah

Sold - Fox - Decent if not spectacular LB who was our best in the position and had championship experience.

Verdict - Yeah

So for me, two Nahs and one Yeah on the official transfer scale. I appreciate there will be more spending, and maybe we'll bring in 3-4 more that we need and of decent caliber too.

So realistically we would have to spend £11 million plus to get a player better than Lookman get real
  • Addicted said:

So far we've:

Verdict - Nah

Verdict - Yeah

So realistically we would have to spend £11 million plus to get a player better than Lookman get real
    Of course, so why is KR pretending things are better without him because we have a couple more kids through the door?
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I just find people calling him gobshite, rather disrespectful and just plain pathetic.

Only ONE person.
  • Sooner or later, one of our managers will outlast the ownership. Perhaps that's why so many are keen to take on the job. So maybe we shouldn't dislike them just because they agreed to take on the job. In the past month KR has addressed the major problem most fans have been moaning about all season, the pedestrian midfield. We have gone from, Foley, Crofts, Jacko, to Crofts, Konsa, Aribo, Holmes, Forster-Caskey, which to me looks like a vast improvement. We then have the prospect of Chicksen or the young Chelsea lad as left back/wing back and Watt coming back as the much needed striker who can link the midfield, forward line. So I can kind of understand an excitable, enthusiastic bloke like KR, getting excited and enthusiastic.

Cheer up Airman.Happy New year
  • Uboat said:

masicat said:

People disliking Robinson with no reason to do so , typical Charlton. Same people gutted now Fox has left. I understand the whingers will meet before the Millwall game to choose a new scapegoat. Oh, no they won't, because they are all boycotting.........

What a load of bollocks. So the boycotters are the same people as the ones who made Fox a scapegoat and abused him every game?
    Riiiiight.
    The people who surely can't be accused of this are the boycotters for obvious reasons!
  • The abusers don't boycott because they have a psychological need to scream obscenities in front of other men, and they've been presumably barred from enough pubs that Charlton is the easiest option
  • Addicted said:

So far we've:

Verdict - Nah

Verdict - Yeah

Not necessarily, but a loan of a youngster from Chelsea is highly unlikely to be of the same caliber surely? I'm not saying we have to splash our 11m on new players, I understand the loss making position (although why we're here is another matter). Im just saying lets not pretend we've strengthened when clearly we haven't.

KR jumping about shouting about how great everything is doesn't make it true, and is starting to get a bit boring.

Save the enthusiasm for things that deserve it, like 4-1 wins. Save the bullshit for when your talking to KM and RD, cause they'll lap it up like a Mr Whippy.
  • Genuinely don't get the abuse KR seems to be getting from some. He's seen what the squad issues are and is making moves to address them. Let's not forget that in some games this season we've had the pace of Jackson and Foley patrolling our midfield!

JFC is a player he knows and trusts, he's brought in full back cover who know the division well, Da silva is a promising young player, he's supposedly making good progress with Watt, is already a step ahead of Slade by giving Aribo and Konsa games in midfield and there is talk of 1-2 more signings still to come.

Yes Lookman has gone but that's been inevitable for the past 6-12 months. The kid was the only player in the England U20 squad not with a premier league club and any club in this division would've sold a player for that price! And to read some of the comments, you'd think we'd just sold Roberto Carlos and not Morgan Fox. This is a player who was slagged off relentlessly both during games and on this forum and was never going to fulfil his potential amidst the abuse, yet now suddenly it's "we've let a good young full back go". And then we've released Foley, who had about as much pace as Dot Cotton. Hardly a big loss.

I get that we hate the regime and want them gone, but i honestly think a lot of people are just getting on Robinson's back for the sake of it. Give the bloke a chance!

This, this & this.
  • Genuinely don't get the abuse KR seems to be getting from some. He's seen what the squad issues are and is making moves to address them. Let's not forget that in some games this season we've had the pace of Jackson and Foley patrolling our midfield!

JFC is a player he knows and trusts, he's brought in full back cover who know the division well, Da silva is a promising young player, he's supposedly making good progress with Watt, is already a step ahead of Slade by giving Aribo and Konsa games in midfield and there is talk of 1-2 more signings still to come.

Yes Lookman has gone but that's been inevitable for the past 6-12 months. The kid was the only player in the England U20 squad not with a premier league club and any club in this division would've sold a player for that price! And to read some of the comments, you'd think we'd just sold Roberto Carlos and not Morgan Fox. This is a player who was slagged off relentlessly both during games and on this forum and was never going to fulfil his potential amidst the abuse, yet now suddenly it's "we've let a good young full back go". And then we've released Foley, who had about as much pace as Dot Cotton. Hardly a big loss.

I get that we hate the regime and want them gone, but i honestly think a lot of people are just getting on Robinson's back for the sake of it. Give the bloke a chance!

I completely agree.

However, he now needs to let the stuff on the pitch do the talking.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just love his emotion and openness. His interviews are not only entertaining, but also informative. Many on here were asking for more engagement with the fans from the top, and yet many are now moaning that he is giving too much away.
    If I was an employee of KR I would be motivated to do my best.
    There is always a downside, the talk might not develop into the walk, we might have employed a very effective second hand car salesman, but I'm certainly enjoying the ride at the moment.
    Long may it continue, and I am now looking forward to Millwall with more confidence than I was a fortnight ago.
  • Bleedin' hell all give the bloke a chance FFS
  • out of interest anyone know what kind of car he's got?

I did see this car parked outside the West Stand at the last game.
    Could be his.

he doesn't drive.

He likes trains.
  • dickplumb said:

I just find people calling him gobshite, rather disrespectful and just plain pathetic.

Could'nt agree more.

• wrighty said:

dickplumb said:

Could'nt agree more.

• Any manager for many under this regime, bar Curbs possibly coming back, is not ever going to be good enough. Slade wasn't animated enough, Robinson is too mouthy etc etc.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating. The issue is that we haven't even finished half a slice before its snatched from our hand and consigned to the bin.