Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubbish From The Manager

Below is on the London News On Line web site.

As you can see Robinson says "It has been a very productive few days. We've reduced the age of the team, increased the energy and hopefully increased the excitement."

In the last few days we have sold Ademola Lookman who is 19 and one of the most exciting teenagers in England as well as Morgan Fox who was only 23 and a competent full back. We have signed a young winger from Chelsea on loan who hasn't first team experience, a 23 year old midfielder with some experience from Brighton and a full back around 20 from West Ham who has played for Coventry on loan twice. Don't see how this has reduced the age of the team (bearing in mind Lookman's age) or increased the energy and excitement or importantly made it stronger. To me we are weakened. I suspect RD has told Robinson he can only have one more signing and so to save face he has to spout the rubbish he is coming out with. Does he really believe Charlton supporters are that thick ?

Full Article - Karl Robinson is looking to add another new signing before Charlton's derby clash with Millwall. The Addicks have signed West Ham left-back Lewis Page and Brighton midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey on a permanent basis. Chelsea's Jay Dasilva was a loan capture from Chelsea to kick off the window.
Robinson told Charlton's YouTube site: "I think we need one more in before Millwall. We're working very hard at the moment. It's not always great to put a timescale on things because you are there to be shot at if it doesn't happen. Then we'll wait and we'll try to bring in one more and splash a bit of money on. It has been a very productive few days. We've reduced the age of the team, increased the energy and hopefully increased the excitement. I don't want to put bums on seats - I want to reverse that and get bums off seats in that people are constantly on their feet clapping and applauding."

Comments

• Proof of the pudding.......and all that.
  • We let Kevin Foley go! He is in his 30's and replaced him with Forster Caskey 23!
  • uie2 said:

We let Kevin Foley go! He is in his 30's and replaced him with Forster Caskey 23!

JFC was not a replacement for Foley. He was the much needed extra CM the squad has been begging for. Foley was the utility player that every squad needs but his best position was RB. He still needs to be replaced in my opinion.
    Be interesting to see if we get any kind of replacement for Lookman - 7 goals in 25 appearances (inc 7 times a sub)

• Sponsored links:

• Bums off seats, I think this regime has certainly achieved that.

Indeed.

The fans just sometimes randomly dance...
  • Yeah but Roland has told him we are stupid! So he can say what he likes! :-)
  • Brian said:

uie2 said:

We let Kevin Foley go! He is in his 30's and replaced him with Forster Caskey 23!

JFC was not a replacement for Foley. He was the much needed extra CM the squad has been begging for. Foley was the utility player that every squad needs but his best position was RB. He still needs to be replaced in my opinion.
    Be interesting to see if we get any kind of replacement for Lookman - 7 goals in 25 appearances (inc 7 times a sub)

Yep me too. Still waiting for that..
  • Brian said:

colthe3rd said:

What has he said wrong? Reduced the age of the team, true (you've conveniently left out Foley from your post). Increased the energy, probably true, Fox had as much pace as a 65 year old smoking 40 a day. Who knows whether his last point comes true but let's hope so.

There seems to be a large contingent that are unwilling to give him a chance. Whether that's down to being a regime appointment, an outspoken young manager, a scouser or a mixture of all of these I'm not sure. He seems to be sure of what he wants and is slowly going about it, the players (both current and new) are saying positive things about him and the Millwall result aside the performances seem to be picking up from Slade's dirge. Give the guy a chance FFS.

I really hope he succeeds and leads Charlton up the table, I think he is a good manager and gets my full support. It is the verbal diarrhoea that gets me down, it isn't needed. Of course you don't want him to be doom and gloom but on the other hand not just spouting mindless optimism which is not backed up by reality.

You say you don't want him spouting this. Two things. Presumably it was the BBC who asked him his thoughts and second as I pointed out he hasn't said anything factually wrong here. Of course only time will tell what happens but those hoping or thinking he should come out and criticise the regime and say what a fucking dire situation it is are just living in a dream world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't like the bloke and never have, perhaps unfairly. Seen too many people over the years who are all mouth, no substance. However, we needed some positivity and he is providing. I was also impressed by his bravery in playing Aribo and Konsa together in midfield. So I'm still on the fence with KR, waiting to be won over.
  • Every team needs a Foley. Can act as cover in 3 or 4 positions. Similar to what Andy Hughes done under Powell. His contract should've been extended to the end of the season - unless we are replacing him.

Robinson's obviously been told to try and communicate with the customers more and he's doing it... but a lot of what he says can be counter productive. For example his explanation on his team selections before kick off. It's pointless when we lose. He's trying though which is more than some of the men he's followed.
  • Gobshite is more of a puppet than the puppets.
  • 25May98 said:

He is just not a typical Charlton manager for me. I wish you success Karl and I hope some of that success is with us though I doubt you will be here long enough to have much of a chance.
    I just wish you would shut the fuck up sometimes.

Exactly what is a typical Charlton manager.....one that lasts no more than a few months I assume?
  • He talks a good game. Getting a win on Saturday will do for starters Karl.
  • Reducing the age is only to get more on the sell on - nothing more nothing less.
  • edited January 2017

I am doing my best not to write the guy off as a puppet but he does not make it easy.

Fixed it