Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubbish From The Manager

Comments

• Rubbish from the manager, after all he's a bin dipper.
  • The man is a try hard
  • So Lookman gone for a large sum of money, his replacement is Joe Aribo Fox sold to Sheffield Wednesday, well according to many on this site he was not good enough play for us so is it that bad we got money for him. Foley hard working but not exceptional so his contract not renewed. If we have a criticism it as usual the owner will not invest in a large enough squad and so injuries have a big impact on team performance lets hope we do get a few more players in.
  • You are all so positive, chill and count the chips.
  • milwall, scunthorpe and bolton to play this month, minimum 5 points required.
  • Sponsored links:

• He reminds me of a cross between David Brent and Alan Partridge

With just a soupçon of Mr. Bean.

We are so far adrift 10 points off 5th place
    5 points off 6th place
    7 points minimum i would suggest
  • edited January 2017

25May98 said:

He is just not a typical Charlton manager for me. I wish you success Karl and I hope some of that success is with us though I doubt you will be here long enough to have much of a chance.
    I just wish you would shut the fuck up sometimes.

Exactly what is a typical Charlton manager.....one that lasts no more than a few months I assume?
    Nowadays yes. Back in the day when we were a well run club I just don't think KR would have got the job. For me he is just not Charlton material.

3 points from these games will almost certainly write off a play-off spot for this season.

We are so far adrift 10 points off 5th place
    5 points off 6th place
    7 points minimum i would suggest
    Should have stuck with Slade.....
  • Company man Company mantra. Why the shock?

How I miss Curbs' reassuring cliches. P'raps, I'm the manager it stops with me, a premiership sides's gonna win it why not us? Etc, etc.
  • uie2 said:

We let Kevin Foley go! He is in his 30's and replaced him with Forster Caskey 23!

JFC was not a replacement for Foley. He was the much needed extra CM the squad has been begging for. Foley was the utility player that every squad needs but his best position was RB. He still needs to be replaced in my opinion.
    One of our weaknesses was when Foley was pushed into midfield where he was ineffective. He always looked ok at right back, but using him as utility player wasn't really fair on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017

Every team needs a Foley. Can act as cover in 3 or 4 positions. Similar to what Andy Hughes done under Powell. His contract should've been extended to the end of the season - unless we are replacing him.

Robinson's obviously been told to try and communicate with the customers more and he's doing it... but a lot of what he says can be counter productive. For example his explanation on his team selections before kick off. It's pointless when we lose. He's trying though which is more than some of the men he's followed.

I'm all for utility players, they are a great addition to the squad and Curbishley in particular used them very well. Foley however was not a good utility player as he only had decent games at full back in my opinion. As said above, he was very weak in midfield.

We are starting to get to a stage now where Robinson will have to back up his talking with results. He is bringing in his own players which is what he has been banging on about for weeks, so now it's about picking up the points, starting with Millwall.
  • At the moment we have a far weaker squad than when the transfer window opened. What KR is saying does not fill me with confidence that that is going to change by the end of the month.
    I like his enthusiasm but that only gets you so far. I'd like to see less talk and more action. At the moment it just feels like any other transfer window under Roland, a chance to bring in some money.

Lookman had stopped being a squad member due to ilness, so it's actually kinda stronger than the last 2

uie2 said:

We let Kevin Foley go! He is in his 30's and replaced him with Forster Caskey 23!

JFC was not a replacement for Foley. He was the much needed extra CM the squad has been begging for. Foley was the utility player that every squad needs but his best position was RB. He still needs to be replaced in my opinion.

Funny, 2 weeks ago foley was shit.... no he's gone we miss him.

• edited January 2017
    I think people are giving him a chance, but the video of him talking about Tony Watt was two minutes of my life that I'll never get back, or figure out; and this 'bums off seats' stuff and average age piece... nonsense.

For me - he can say what he wants, he's not upsetting anyone with all the hot air, all I want is for him to win games/get us playing well. He's probably just about operating 'in the black' after the Bristol Rovers game - which as a fan is fairly generous after getting our pants pulled down at the New Den again. Let's see how we get on in Jan - big month for us with some tough fixtures.

I think it's okay to find him irritating, and to whine about it, as long as it's kept in perspective.
  • edited January 2017

I'd give it just a few more months before drawing even the vaguest of parallels between Jimmy Seed and our Karl.

Absolutely no reason why I shouldn't. That's what forums are about. I'm hardly claiming he's the next Jimmy Seed am I.
    I believe in giving people a chance.
    If he loses theee of the next four games and gets sacked, well at least he tried to stir things up a bit.

Edit: apology to @Weegie Addick : I think I took your post the wrong way. And actually, I agree with what you're saying, although I wasn't trying to compare Robinson and my granddad, more than to say that there may have been a bit of early 'anti' about both of them.
  • We may argue as to if Foley was a better RB than MF, but MF is where he predominantly played for us. I also think that JJ is unlikely to start again and rarely be even on the bench. Given the size of our 1st team coaching staff, he may even go.

I conclude that our midfield will definitely be younger and better which would make him right, and we have Holmes back and Watt back.