Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubbish From The Manager

Comments

• cafcfan said:

He reminds me of a cross between David Brent and Alan Partridge

With just a soupçon of Mr. Bean.

Pardew II

Leuth said:

sack ROBBO hes shit he only says regime lies n were going to lose to Millwall NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I quite literally have no idea if you are joking.
    I don't think I was designed for forums.
  • edited January 2017

milwall, scunthorpe and bolton to play this month, minimum 5 points required.

We are so far adrift 10 points off 5th place
    5 points off 6th place
    7 points minimum i would suggest
    was looking at opposition

millwall - hate to say it but cant see us getting anymore than a draw with them
    scunthorpe - are there for the taking
    bolton - tough away game a point at best

february is a month to pick up points 6 winnable games ( fleetwood H, wimbledon A, oldham A, oxford H, bury H, shrewsbury A ) minimum of 14 if we have any chance of playoffs
  • edited January 2017
    Post deleted, see my apology below, page 4

• I'm slightly baffled by how many players we reportedly have (according to KR) who would be "good enough to get into any team in this division", especially as some of those teams 15-20+ more points than we do.
  • People disliking Robinson with no reason to do so , typical Charlton. Same people gutted now Fox has left. I understand the whingers will meet before the Millwall game to choose a new scapegoat. Oh, no they won't, because they are all boycotting.........
  • edited January 2017
    dickplumb said:

I am quite shocked at some of the anti Robinson posts. Is it his fault that Lookman was sold? Is it his fault that Duchatelet has given him a fraction of the fee to bring new players in? He has seen what the problem is at Charlton and that is the midfield area. He had the balls to play Aribo and Konsa in there against Bristol Rovers and that worked well. He has bought more pace in Byrne, Da Silva. He has bought a decent player in Forster- Caskey. I don't know much about the new left back but I believe he has more pace than Fox.
    I know he talks a lot at press interviews but his positivity I like and if he can Instill that into his players we can start heading up the table.

There's positivity, and then there's saying without a hint of irony that selling Lookman (and Fox) is a step forward for us because now we'll have more pace/energy/excitement/youth.

Yes, the replacements are young and Dasilva looks rapid and he has to try and put a positive spin on things, but at this stage (assuming there's more replacements incoming later on) that's a bold statement after we've just lost two starters. One's our best player and the other's a very highly rated by non-Charlton fans youth product - who have been replaced with loans (edit: "a loan") and a couple who are out-of-favour at their own clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR most comments
    Age - as others have said Foley has left so the age thing probably true.
    Excitement - He has brought in Foster-Caskey in midfield, Da Silva is reportedly very quick and may play midfield. Add in Joe Aribo's excellent start, and if that continues our midfield "could" be much quicker and exciting. (But also may not be)
    Add in Tony Watts's return - he can definitely be exciting, but not always in a good way.
    So all in all KR could be correct. Or he could be talking a load of bull !!
  • edited January 2017
    He would of got away with yapping on like this at mkd.
    But a lot of his talk won't wash with our fans.
  • I wonder if Gobshite's primary role at the club is talking to the public (instead of Ms Nightmeire) while under close supervision from the highly paid PR genious whose name escapes me.

His management of the team is almost irrelevant because he wont be given the budget or autonomy to do it successfully, even if he was any good, which is highly debatable anyway.

Strange how we haven't heard much from her recently while we all aim our flak at Gobshite who will be left like his eight predecessors in an untenable position.

Nice work Roland.
  • colthe3rd said:

What has he said wrong? Reduced the age of the team, true (you've conveniently left out Foley from your post). Increased the energy, probably true, Fox had as much pace as a 65 year old smoking 40 a day. Who knows whether his last point comes true but let's hope so.

There seems to be a large contingent that are unwilling to give him a chance. Whether that's down to being a regime appointment, an outspoken young manager, a scouser or a mixture of all of these I'm not sure. He seems to be sure of what he wants and is slowly going about it, the players (both current and new) are saying positive things about him and the Millwall result aside the performances seem to be picking up from Slade's dirge. Give the guy a chance FFS.

what he said.

seems with a lot of people, he could say absolutely anything and be tore a new one
    Don't really care what he says or how he says it, some of our customers will never be pleased any way, remember dour boring touchy Slade? He can spout any shit he likes, just get the team playing and pushing towards the playoffs. He is essentially an attacking minded manager who inherited a team developed by a defensively minded manager, so it will take time to get the team consistently achieving as we found with Powell when he took over Parkinsons squad, despite the 7 additions he made too it.
  • For me - I like what he says and his approach. I hate the ownership and if Robinson gets us up - it is well done to Robinson but the owner has to go some way before I won't want him out. This is a window where he has to get it right for a change, but he needs to get the next one right too and teh one after that. But Robinson has to be judged from when he started, not all teh owners many mistakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not a huge fan of Robinson, in terms of him as our manager I am still very firmly stuck underneath my whelm at the moment, partly because of the Franchise FC connection and partly because he seems to have so enthusiastically bought in the Duchatelet vision.

That said, as I despise hypocrisy in others, I am open to changing my opinion should he actually prove to be the Messiah....
  • 25May98 said:

25May98 said:

He is just not a typical Charlton manager for me. I wish you success Karl and I hope some of that success is with us though I doubt you will be here long enough to have much of a chance.
    I just wish you would shut the fuck up sometimes.

Exactly what is a typical Charlton manager.....one that lasts no more than a few months I assume?
    Nowadays yes. Back in the day when we were a well run club I just don't think KR would have got the job. For me he is just not Charlton material.
    So sho is?...
  • Sooner or later, one of our managers will outlast the ownership. Perhaps that's why so many are keen to take on the job. So maybe we shouldn't dislike them just because they agreed to take on the job. In the past month KR has addressed the major problem most fans have been moaning about all season, the pedestrian midfield. We have gone from, Foley, Crofts, Jacko, to Crofts, Konsa, Aribo, Holmes, Forster-Caskey, which to me looks like a vast improvement. We then have the prospect of Chicksen or the young Chelsea lad as left back/wing back and Watt coming back as the much needed striker who can link the midfield, forward line. So I can kind of understand an excitable, enthusiastic bloke like KR, getting excited and enthusiastic.
  • Could we possible sign some players between the ages of 25 and 30 - as well as still having legs they might just add a little of the knowledge and experience which the kids lack.
  • He has confused me couple of times, he said about Aribo being a youth graduate born and bred Charlton even though we signed him from Staines and that Page is his 2nd loan when he is a permanent signing.

He has made it clear that he likes to develop young talent and that to play his way he needs players with pace, high energy, good technical ability.

I personally don't think the signings made are 1st choice for him we have a list of targets we are making enquires/bids for every player on that list hoping we can get a deal done cheaply and swiftly.

• jdmotion said:

I'd give it just a few more months before drawing even the vaguest of parallels between Jimmy Seed and our Karl.

Absolutely no reason why I shouldn't. That's what forums are about. I'm hardly claiming he's the next Jimmy Seed am I.
    I believe in giving people a chance.
    If he loses theee of the next four games and gets sacked, well at least he tried to stir things up a bit.
    One reason would be, whether you want anyone to take anything you write seriously.

You've lost me. So why exactly can't I mention KR in the same sentence as Jimmy Seed?
    I'm just trying to ask a question. There's no need to try the clever put downs is there, really?
  • That said, why is it such a good thing to have a younger team? Anyone would think we've been reluctant to play the kids since Roly arrived.