Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• 4,107 there at Richmond tonight, Middlesex's biggest ever outground crowd.
  • Was certain we had McCullum caught behind, but being on the Heathrow flight path the noise of a place drowned it out!!!! Not making excuses though!
  • redman said:

milo said:

I haven't been to cricket in years but really enjoyed that despite the result. I fear I have unearthed a latent cricket-fiend in my son who watched the match in near frenzy and spent the entire drive home quizzing me on it - this was apparently to keep me awake but was having the opposite effect. He appears to have memorised the entire team and was giving me his in-depth analysis, haven't seen him like this since Charlton's 2012 promotion season. God knows what he'd be like if Kent had won.

T20 at Canterbury is a rather surreal experience - look one way and there's a a giant TV encouraging you to send your 'big screen selfies', Tshirts being thrown to the crowd, free hats and dance music, look the other way and there's a fella sat at a picnic table with his dog, smoking a pipe, half of ale, picking twigs out his beard.

Canterbury is a great place to watch county cricket as is Tunbridge Wells; certainly far better than somewhere like the Oval.
    As for the match we rather through it away after a good start. Billings should be dropped, either completely or at least batting 6 or 7, he is so out of form and his shot selection is dire. He tries all the fancy shots that may work when your in form but not on the form he is at the moment. He was out at Beckenham on a reverse sweep and last night seem to want he can play it from the off again - which he couldn't.

On the positive side was very impressed with the spinner Quayum.
    I noticed Riley was playing for the seconds, is he still not fit or just behind Quayam at the moment?
    Riley had two injuries last season too. He has been bowling well for Bexley in the KPL this season and in this week's 2nd X1 game he had figures of 32-8-63-4 so, hopefully, is on his way back. One would imagine, if that is the case, that Tredwell will be released at the end of the season as he will be 36 soon and has indicated that he isn't prepared at this stage of his creer to play second fiddle.
  • Tredwell is not a great wicket taker but is an excellent one day bowler. As good as anyone in the country. I would hope we can get a situation he players one days and Riley and Quayum learn their craft in the 4 day game.
  • Checking the score, Kent are 78-3 off 12, which sounds rather slow. No idea whether it's down to the bowling or the pitch
  • 176-4 in the end, Neesham and Billings with a strong partnership to get us to a respectable total.
  • 176-4 at close. My previous comment about the slow scoring had the effect of turnings things around completely :smile:

Billings 64, Neesham 51no, Sam's best innings this season?
  • Currently off for rain at Hove.
  • Match delayed rain!
  • Rain has stopped and the covers are coming off according to Sussex cricket on twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• They will need 89 from 8 overs
  • Rubbish over from Claydon
  • edited July 2017
    80-2 from 7
  • Why is Claydon bowling the last over?!!
  • 83-2 off 7.2
  • 85-2 off 7.4
  • YESSSSSSS! Run out on the final ball
  • Looks like a tie?
  • They will need 89 from 8 overs

target set at 88 not 89. They got 87 so match tied!
  • Sponsored links:

• Match tied under Duckworth Lewis. 87-3 off 8
  • edited July 2017
    They needed 5 from 4 balls so a great job by Claydon to restrict them there.
  • Not sure how Sussex didn't win there, mass confusion in the BBC Sussex/Kent commentary box!
  • They needed 5 from 4 balls so a great job by Claydon to restrict them there.

Yes give him that.
  • What a great ending!!!! I thought we had lost that. The amount of full tosses we were bowling was poor but a great over by Claydon at the end
  • Well that was fun. Pretty much spitting rain most of the Kent innings then came down hard towards the end. Neesham carving Jordan for 12 off the last 2 balls was great. Jordan was bowling some junk. Didn't think we would get a game and spent the next almost 2 hours in the pub drying off. I thought Sussex would win easily off the last 6 balls and even managed to bowl a wide too. Might aswell have stayed in the pub and got the shared points anyway.
  • Watched Adam Riley play in the Kent league T20 finals day at Beckenham CC today.

Easily the best I have seen him bowl, granted on a very bowler friendly track.

He ended with figures of 4 overs 3-7 on an ultimately losing effort, but on that showing he his finding his groove again.
  • Somerset off to a flier, just scored a 7.
  • Sunshine at Canterbury.
  • There is no one better to watch than Steven Davies when he is on song.

Unfortunately his periods of form are just too rare.