Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    20 from 7
  • Options
    120-8, 19 overs

19 from 6 needed
  • Options
    19 off the last over needed
  • Options
    Claydon on strike
  • Options
    18 from 5
  • Options
    18 off 5
  • Options
    122-9
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    122-9

17 from 4
  • Options
    Tredders gone 122-9 4 balls left
  • Options
    15 from 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    11 from 2
  • Options
    10 from 1
  • Options
    All out lost
  • Options
    Lose by 8 runs

If only we could play Surrey every week
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    130 all out on the last ball.

Glos win by 8 runs.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lost by 8 runs. All out 130
  • Options
    You can't let two bowlers combine for 28 runs off 8 overs and expect to win the game...
  • Options
    Some silly shots, there was no need to keep going for the big boundaries when we were on top
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Going to Kent vs Hampshire T20 match in a few weeks. Don't really know cricket too well except for watching England and don't recognise any players except Carberry (who was awful when I watched him in the Ashes) and James Vince.

Edit - just saw George Bailey on there too

Good players to look out for from the two teams?

I saw that Neesham had signed for Kent recently but can't find him on the squad list I found:

http://sportsmaza.com/cricket/natwest-t20-blast/team-squad/

Anywhere better to look for squads?
  • Options
    Embrace it mate, have a few beers, relax and see it for what it is. It flies by and as a sporting event I definitely prefer kent T20 to watching the dross served up at the Valley. The speed of the modern day T20 fielder is something to behold
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that was a sack of shite
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Indeed it was, J.

Trying to unwind with a nice cuppa after the stress of tonight's match.

WTF was that ??? It can't surely be that the presence of the Fanackapans sent the Spitfires into a tailspin.....can it ?

Thought we bowled & fielded well - no probs with that.

But our batting/decision making was pathetic.

Really don't want to single out any one player but seriously, has Bilbo done anything worth mentioning since he returned from the IPL ? Definitely not the player we saw 12 months ago, with either bat or gloves IMHO. Several times he tried something fancy , whilst everyone around us was urging him to keep it simple. Let us down big time.

So, a big raspberry after the astounding win at The Oval last Friday.

But the BIG question is, should Fanny be allowed to purchase any more tickets .....

• Options

Going to Kent vs Hampshire T20 match in a few weeks. Don't really know cricket too well except for watching England and don't recognise any players except Carberry (who was awful when I watched him in the Ashes) and James Vince.

Edit - just saw George Bailey on there too

Good players to look out for from the two teams?

I saw that Neesham had signed for Kent recently but can't find him on the squad list I found:

http://sportsmaza.com/cricket/natwest-t20-blast/team-squad/

Anywhere better to look for squads?

In terms of Kent, Adam Milne is our other overseas player. Sam Billings is probably the best known player, bur Joe Denly is the form one.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Indeed it was, J.

Trying to unwind with a nice cuppa after the stress of tonight's match.

WTF was that ??? It can't surely be that the presence of the Fanackapans sent the Spitfires into a tailspin.....can it ?

Thought we bowled & fielded well - no probs with that.

But our batting/decision making was pathetic.

Really don't want to single out any one player but seriously, has Bilbo done anything worth mentioning since he returned from the IPL ? Definitely not the player we saw 12 months ago, with either bat or gloves IMHO. Several times he tried something fancy , whilst everyone around us was urging him to keep it simple. Let us down big time.

So, a big raspberry after the astounding win at The Oval last Friday.

But the BIG question is, should Fanny be allowed to purchase any more tickets .....

A bit like England on Monday, Kent didn't play the situation and pitch. It wasn't a 200 type of surface, with the ball flying regularly into the stands. We only lost by 8 runs, a deficit we could have made easily with more sensible shot selection

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Flintoff needs to slow down with trying to a be a comedian/Mr Life and soul of the party, who has a funny light hearted quip about everything that unfolds. There's only one Bumble......and he does it with classy controlled style.
    He also needs to calm down in his delivery and not sound so excitable and loud. I was both irritated and embarrassed by his OTT "persona"........which came across as being palpably manufactured for the occasion.

We were shyte by the way.......funnily enough the moment Denly went (cheaply by his current standards), I started to have my doubts.
  • Options

Flintoff needs to slow down with trying to a be a comedian/Mr Life and soul of the party, who has a funny light hearted quip about everything that unfolds. There's only one Bumble......and he does it with classy controlled style.
    He also needs to calm down in his delivery and not sound so excitable and loud. I was both irritated and embarrassed by his OTT persona.......which came across as being palpably manufactured for the occasion.

We were shyte by the way.......funnily enough the moment Denly went (cheaply by his current standards), I started to have my doubts.

It was a bit annoying. He was rattling on like he was still commentating on the Big Bash, which sort of worked then as he was alongside some excitable Australians. Doesn't really work at sleepy Canterbury with Paul Allott!
  • Options
    I haven't been to cricket in years but really enjoyed that despite the result. I fear I have unearthed a latent cricket-fiend in my son who watched the match in near frenzy and spent the entire drive home quizzing me on it - this was apparently to keep me awake but was having the opposite effect. He appears to have memorised the entire team and was giving me his in-depth analysis, haven't seen him like this since Charlton's 2012 promotion season. God knows what he'd be like if Kent had won.

T20 at Canterbury is a rather surreal experience - look one way and there's a a giant TV encouraging you to send your 'big screen selfies', Tshirts being thrown to the crowd, free hats and dance music, look the other way and there's a fella sat at a picnic table with his dog, smoking a pipe, half of ale, picking twigs out his beard.
  • Options
    Did you lose?
    Was it painful ?
  • Options

Did you lose?
    Was it painful ?

Lost to Gloucester but the recent thrashing of Surrey by 8 wickets gives enough satisfaction for a good while. Til we beat them nest time of course.
  • Options
    milo said:

I haven't been to cricket in years but really enjoyed that despite the result. I fear I have unearthed a latent cricket-fiend in my son who watched the match in near frenzy and spent the entire drive home quizzing me on it - this was apparently to keep me awake but was having the opposite effect. He appears to have memorised the entire team and was giving me his in-depth analysis, haven't seen him like this since Charlton's 2012 promotion season. God knows what he'd be like if Kent had won.

T20 at Canterbury is a rather surreal experience - look one way and there's a a giant TV encouraging you to send your 'big screen selfies', Tshirts being thrown to the crowd, free hats and dance music, look the other way and there's a fella sat at a picnic table with his dog, smoking a pipe, half of ale, picking twigs out his beard.

Did you get all the twigs out?