Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    Have it Joe Demly is the new Johnny Summers
  • Options
    It was Denly who also got the key wicket of Finch (49 in 25 balls)!
  • Options
    What a victory.

Have we ever chased down such a large total?
  • Options
    It was Slurrey That's wot we do
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What a victory.

Have we ever chased down such a large total?

No!

Kent's chase of Surrey's 205 is the fourth highest chase in domestic T20 in England, the highest by Kent & the highest v Surrey
  • Options
    Hello gentle Kent peeps, just thought i'd pop on here to see how much gloating and back-slapping was going on.
  • Options

Hello gentle Kent peeps, just thought i'd pop on here to see how much gloating and back-slapping was going on.

Just another regulation win, on to the next one pal.
  • Options
    I gave up on going to the oval for t20. Fed up with the crowd who don't mind talking shite all game and pouring beer down my back.

What a fool i am!! Can't believe i missed that one!
  • Options

It was notable that for most of the game the Surrey thread was really active, whereas here was quiet...but then there was a reversal as the Kent innings got going :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gloat back slap Gloat back slap Gloat back slap.
  • Options

It was notable that for most of the game the Surrey thread was really active, whereas here was quiet...but then there was a reversal as the Kent innings got going :smile:
    That's just because we actually have fans...
  • Options

Yeah who live in London but not Surrey.
  • Options

Well we're a London based team. Based shout of the river. Surely all of South London should be Surrey fans! ;)
  • Options

Well we're a London based team. Based shout of the river. Surely all of South London should be Surrey fans! ;)
    But for some odd reason they're not!
  • Options

Brilliant night. Just got home. Was in a box with two dirty, scummy Surrey Pal*ce twats who were trying to mug me off all night long, especially at the break when the run chase looked near impossible.

When Rampaul bowled the no ball for Kent to win I nearly got myself chucked out (and my head kicked in).

Made a right tit of myself and definitely won't get invited back, but don't care it was well worth it. It was so sweet to rub their muggy faces in it at the end.

Have that you muggy Palace c***s!! :smiley:

Come on spill the beans wot did you say, fuckin quality that you gave it to them.

• Options

We were too busy watching a lesson in chasing being given,to post
  • Options

Starting to sound like that P*lace shirt claiming South London for themselves, it all makes sense now :wink:
  • Options
    What I really liked was when Denly hit his tonne everyone in the ground stood up to applaud. Thought that was quality from the Surrey fans.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

What I really liked was when Denly hit his tonne everyone in the ground stood up to applaud. Thought that was quality from the Surrey fans.

Cricket fans are generally pretty sporting. And let's face it, a lot of people there are primarily after entertainment and beer, even if they support one team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017

And the reasons are.. 1) Charlton is historically in Kent. 2) Leary, Ufton & several other Charlton players also played for Kent. 3) We used to play within walking distance of The Valley (The Rectory Field was where I first saw Kent play). There's no more natural sporting connection, at least for those of us of a certain age...
    Thats funny, last time i looked, Charlton was in SE London , and always has been - has it been moved?.
    Dont forget, there is a Surrey connection with Charlton too, notably Micky Stweart (Alecs dad and ex England coach) played for Charlton.
    Carrying on from point 1, i think you'll find that The Valley is much closer to The Oval than Canterbury,Maidstone,Tonbridge, and probably Dartford too ! It was certainly a lot easier to get to than schlepping to any of those Kent venues.
  • Options

And the reasons are.. 1) Charlton is historically in Kent. 2) Leary, Ufton & several other Charlton players also played for Kent. 3) We used to play within walking distance of The Valley (The Rectory Field was where I first saw Kent play). There's no more natural sporting connection, at least for those of us of a certain age...
    Thats funny, last time i looked, Charlton was in SE London , and always has been - has it been moved?.
    Dont forget, there is a Surrey connection with Charlton too, notably Micky Stweart (Alecs dad and ex England coach) played for Charlton.
    Carrying on from point 1, i think you'll find that The Valley is much closer to The Oval than Canterbury,Maidstone,Tonbridge, and probably Dartford too ! It was certainly a lot easier to get to than schlepping to any of those Kent venues.
    Excuses, excuses !

AND I've googled " Micky Stweart" to no avail...

:smile:
  • Options
    Just caught up with yesterday's cricket.. Superb result... How abourt some consistency boys.
  • Options
    redman said:

Next home fixture is next Tuesday v Glouc at Canterbury 6:30 start

They owe them one
  • Options
    redman said:

They owe them one
  • Options

redman said:

They owe them one