Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    redman said:

Next home fixture is next Tuesday v Glouc at Canterbury 6:30 start

Hoping to make this one our first of the season.

( Ducks for cover....geddit ?)
  • Options
    redman said:

The website says 7pm? - is 6:30 some sort of prematch entertainment, I see they are giving away 4,000 pairs of sunglasses, that won't be needed.

My son has asked to go to this, any advice (other than watch a proper game of cricket, etc), I've never been to St Lawrence before. When I say advice, I mean where to sit, park, etc.

I understand this question has probably been asked before but after spending half an hour clicking back through this thread and using the search, I'm none the wiser other than there's some sort of esoteric banter between you all that is above my level of understanding.
  • Options
    Sorry, never driven to Canterbury before so can't help you with that. The Kent website does mention parking options, as the ground itself doesn't have much space.

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Match-Information-Canterbury.pdf

Canterbury for the general public is fairly old school, with small banks of permanent seating around much of the perimeter, and people sometimes bringing their own deckchairs!

• Options
    I see we are playing Gloucs this afternoon at Cheltenham at 2:30. Surprised they'd play a T20 match on a Thursday afternoon, as it seems to go against one of the major benefits of the shorter format, which is to make cricket more convenient for working people to attend!
  • Options
    At the match at Cheltenham. Kent batting first... come on Super Kent!
  • Options
    Just been given a couple of tickets to the oval tomorrow night. Do you reckon there will be many Kent fans in?
  • Options

Just been given a couple of tickets to the oval tomorrow night. Do you reckon there will be many Kent fans in?

There should be. The game's been sold out for a while now, which is impressive
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Sorry, never driven to Canterbury before so can't help you with that. The Kent website does mention parking options, as the ground itself doesn't have much space.

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Match-Information-Canterbury.pdf

Canterbury for the general public is fairly old school, with small banks of permanent seating around much of the perimeter, and people sometimes bringing their own deckchairs!

The park and ride is a good option (only £1 per car!). It's actually an easy 15-20 minute walk, assuming your reasonably able. Depending on where you are coming from you find the next junction down on the A2 a better option to head from on the way back. ie head away from the ground otherwise you will be coming back into other match traffic.

As for sitting I would suggest looking where the boundary is. For T20 the boundary is short so look for which side is closest. If you like behind the bowler just to the left of the Leslie Ames stand is good - and also close to the Leslie Ames bar!
  • Options
    redman said:

The park and ride is a good option (only £1 per car!). It's actually an easy 15-20 minute walk, assuming your reasonably able. Depending on where you are coming from you find the next junction down on the A2 a better option to head from on the way back. ie head away from the ground otherwise you will be coming back into other match traffic.

As for sitting I would suggest looking where the boundary is. For T20 the boundary is short so look for which side is closest. If you like behind the bowler just to the left of the Leslie Ames stand is good - and also close to the Leslie Ames bar!
    I normally sit near the Leslie Ames stand for that reason, the one place you can get Real Ale :smile:
  • Options
    milo said:

redman said:

The website says 7pm? - is 6:30 some sort of prematch entertainment, I see they are giving away 4,000 pairs of sunglasses, that won't be needed.

My son has asked to go to this, any advice (other than watch a proper game of cricket, etc), I've never been to St Lawrence before. When I say advice, I mean where to sit, park, etc.

I understand this question has probably been asked before but after spending half an hour clicking back through this thread and using the search, I'm none the wiser other than there's some sort of esoteric banter between you all that is above my level of understanding.
    Yes it has been changed since yesterday. Which is very annoying for those who need to get a train back to West Kent. http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/all-home-floodlit-t20s-to-start-at-7pm/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    127-7 not good
  • Options
    Nightmeire in Cheltenham !
  • Options
    Finished on 152-8. Not great but could've been a lot worse. Good start with the power play but kept losing regular wickets unfortunately.

180 is about par for this ground apparently. So not looking great.
  • Options
    Glos 36-1 off their 6 power play overs.
  • Options

Glos 36-1 off their 6 power play overs.

Keep the updates coming please.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    A bit dire in the end. Went to the last over but Glos never got out of 2nd gear.

Glos win by 6 wickets with five balls to spare. At least the venue was picturesque.
  • Options
    Our total was never anywhere near enough, no pressure on Gloucs really
  • Options
    Hope the lads were saving themselves for the Oval tomorrow evening....
  • Options

Hope the lads were saving themselves for the Oval tomorrow evening....

Today was the hard match though :smile:
  • Options
    Killerandflash, Redman, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surrey going like a train at the moment 99-0 after 8

Tredwell went for 23 in his first over
  • Options
    Surrey 205-5

Kent 13-0 off 2

Can't see us getting close.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surrey 205-5

Kent 13-0 off 2

Can't see us getting close.

To me DBD and Denly are a bit too orthodox to open in T20 together
  • Options
    Can someone give me the nod if/when you want me to start the You Know What ?
  • Options

About two hours ago
  • Options
    7 overs gone already, and we're well behind the required rate. The only chance we have is if the likes of Billings are given enough time to attack their bowling
  • Options
    97 - 0 off 10.1 overs, in with a shout I'd say.
  • Options

Behave
  • Options

97 - 0 off 10.1 overs, in with a shout I'd say.

Shh, keep the comments negative like I did
  • Options
    139-0 off 13.3

Why doeth you tease us so?