Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    only Northants can win this now.

We would either have to bat them out of the game completely or set them a tempting target which they will either get, or just shut up shop once a couple of wickets are down.

not enough time for us to get runs, declare and then bowl them out.
  • Options

redman said:

follow on saved. Draw certain. Chance of promotion pretty much gone; partly down to our own groundsman producing too good a batting wicket.

The tension was killing me...

The pitch being too good will probably affect attendance as well. I would have gone today if there had been a chance of a result
    I think it also affected day 3 attendance. It had already become clear a draw was almost certain and the prospect of Northants batting for a draw certainly took the shine of it. there were certainly considerably less people there than there were on day 2.
  • Options
    24-1 (DBD out) and leading by 157
  • Options
    Thought we might have had a whack if only in preparation for t20 season but sounds as though everyone going through the motions.
  • Options
    Dickson fails in the second innings, with 60

• Options

Poor.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Poor.
    Under pressure for his place even if 60 is better than his season's average.
  • Options
    Northants may have scored fewer runs, but their first innings actually lasted longer (156 vs 143 overs), with Yasir bowling 57 overs!

Even if Northants had been forced to follow on, the Kent bowlers would have been too tired to do anything surely?
  • Options
    Shocking pitch
  • Options

Shocking pitch

Yes, no good for anyone. Maybe the groundsman was too preoccupied with producing a good batting track for the T20 match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beckenham T20 v essex today, start 3 pm. Weather forecast good. Should be plenty of runs if the pitch is like the CC game. Not sure what a good score would be high but it could be high.
  • Options
    I would love to own a Shepherd Neame pub in deepest Kent and call it...."Caught Knott bowled Underwood".
  • Options
    Blimey, well done Kent.

Honestly thought we'd lose this one.
  • Options
    Really good knock by DBD - 90 not out
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Kent fielding a strong team today:
    Woolmer, Johnson, Tavaré, Asif Iqbal, Ealham, Cowdrey C, Knott, Shepherd, Dilley, Underwood, Jarvis.
    Just hope Tav realises it's T20 though.

Can't we get Aravinda Da Silva in there somewhere?

I imagine he would seemingly be plodding away before you notice he has made 50 from as many balls.
  • Options
    Neesham was outstanding with 2 wickets one caught and bowled from deep mid wicket and a run out off his bowling.
  • Options
    Mohammad Amir had to be the worst fielder I have seen this year. Embarrassing from a World Cup winner.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Mohammad Amir had to be the worst fielder I have seen this year. Embarrassing from a World Cup winner.

He couldn't do a thing right! It was his horrendous early over that put Essex in a hole and they never recovered
  • Options
    I take it we (Kent) have won ? Nobody has given out the result !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We won by 7 wickets. DBD man of the match.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I was there too and he was awful. Great day though. I thought Essex started pretty well but Neesham had a great over where he took three wickets and they never recovered.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Neesham was outstanding with 2 wickets one caught and bowled from deep mid wicket and a run out off his bowling.

And if anyone's thinking @1StevieG must have been on the sauce, Neesham really did take a catch off his own bowling at somewhere approaching deep mid wicket (off a massive skier)!
  • Options
    Worcestershire are struggling against Gloucestershire.

Glou 374/9
  • Options

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/bell-drummond-signs-contract-extension/

Good news after all the rumours, Ricky Holmes DBD signs a contract extension

Great stuff, DBD !

He knows it makes sense !
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Although it would have been hard not to have given him MoM the match was really won by our bowlers (and some good fielding and catching). a apr score may have been 190-200. Tredwell bowled particularly well. Other than a six, which was almost caught on the boundary his other 23 balls went for 12. On that pitch and with a short boundary that was excellent.
  • Options
    Next home fixture is next Tuesday v Glouc at Canterbury 6:30 start
  • Options
    redman said:

1StevieG said:

Although it would have been hard not to have given him MoM the match was really won by our bowlers (and some good fielding and catching). a apr score may have been 190-200. Tredwell bowled particularly well. Other than a six, which was almost caught on the boundary his other 23 balls went for 12. On that pitch and with a short boundary that was excellent.
    Spot on - Tredders was excellent