Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    Lunch 106-0 off 31 overs. Dickson passed his 50. Plan on going along tomorrow. Weather looks good although notice some rain forecast for Thursday, day 4
  • Options

Bit of a surprise with our line up against Northants - Tredwell plays as does, instead of Milne, Shah (plus Denly as a third spin option) but, with no Stevens, our seam bowling attack looks rather light with just Coles, Claydon and Gidman. Hope we've prepared the wicket accordingly.

Rouse keeps the gloves and Billings plays as a batsman.

The team will be:

Daniel Bell-Drummond, Sean Dickson, Joe Denly, Sam Northeast (c), Sam Billings, Will Gidman, Adam Rouse (w), Matt Coles, James Tredwell, Yasir Shah, Mitch Claydon

Kent actually left Gidman out and replaced him with Hunn - presumably because they were concerned about the lack of seam options. That does mean, however, that Rouse is coming in at 6 with the five bowlers to follow.
  • Options
    142-1

DBD out for 49

Dickson 77*
    Denly 6*
  • Options
    Our team selection in recent matches has seemed a touch random, probably not helped by having 2 overseas bowlers, and not being able to play both
  • Options
    Northants supporters will probably say the same about our side, but am I alone in saying that, bar three or four, I have never heard of most of their team. No Allan Lamb, Wayne Larkins or even Monty in sight!
  • Options

Northants supporters will probably say the same about our side, but am I alone in saying that, bar three or four, I have never heard of most of their team. No Allan Lamb, Wayne Larkins or even Monty in sight!

At least it's not full of Kolpaks!
  • Options
    Dickson passes 150
  • Options
    denly gets his ton 341-1
  • Options
    At the risk of tempting fate we have a chance of maximum batting points from here.

Mind you anything we can do they might be able to do better....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    396-1

Dickson 191* Denly 130*

4 runs needed for maximum batting points!
  • Options
    Dickson 203no

This game is certainly doing batting averages a world of good!
  • Options
    Looks like a flat one at Beckenham.
  • Options
    Great score but not going to be easy to bowl them out twice
  • Options
    Let's hope it starts ragging square from day two.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Bit of running down the track with spikes when no one is looking would help...
  • Options

CHG said:

Ah, now we understand how you took your 5 wickets at the weekend @cantersaddick
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

CHG said:

Ah, now we understand how you took your 5 wickets at the weekend @cantersaddick
    Hahaha deny all knowledge! In actual fact the pitch we played on was one of the best I've ever played on. It had been covered, was as flat as anything, little bit of grass on the top which helped me. Was a little dry and did break up a bit but far better than any pitch I've played on.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    485-1 now.

Dickson 236* Denly 168*

In our cricket club D B-D with his 49 would have still had to buy a jug for 'jug avoidance!'

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The collapse has started.

511-2 Denly gone for 182. Dickson 248*
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    578-2

Dickson 276*

Only Ashdown (twice) and Ames have scored more in an individual innings for Kent.
  • Options
    579-3 Northeast out for 38
  • Options
    603-3 at lunch

Dickson 294*

Two runs needed to overtake Ames. If he gets to 300 he will be only the second Kent player after Ashdown who did it twice. (332 and 305*).
  • Options
    Will Northeast declare over the luncheon interval and leave Dicko stranded?

One hopes not!
  • Options
    4 Northants bowlers now have tons against their name!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    He's gone past Ames 296*

607-3
  • Options
    Poor show from DBD and SNE though - pair must be ripe for being dropped.