Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox to Wednesday?

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I would be amazed if right at this moment Archie Edwards is the answer, good lad though he is.

I'm not sure why Edwards hasn't got near the first team yet. Maybe they're waiting for him to fill out, but I think it's just that he's naturally skinny. Looks tough enough to me. In fact he's looked a better FB than Fox for a couple of years now.

• Options
    jdmotion said:

I'm not exactly sure what his best position is supposed to be, but Chicksen is definitely not the answer at left back. I don't rate him at all and TBH I can see him quickly becoming even more of a scapegoat than fox.

I'm surprised by that. From what I've seen he's good on the ball, and quicker than Fox. He can also cross a ball, and is decent at set plays. Given a proper run at left back I think he'd do well.
    Fast, and so decent at pressing and looking busy. However from what I've seen he is awful on the ball and gets a nose bleed almost every time he is in possession. That ridiculous shanked cross against Peterborough(?) springs to mind when thinking of his crossing ability.

May be wrong though, I usually am.
  • Options
    Like all Charlton players who leave on good terms I would wish him well, except when playing us, and he would benefit from being in a better squad.
  • Options

jdmotion said:

I'm not exactly sure what his best position is supposed to be, but Chicksen is definitely not the answer at left back. I don't rate him at all and TBH I can see him quickly becoming even more of a scapegoat than fox.

I'm surprised by that. From what I've seen he's good on the ball, and quicker than Fox. He can also cross a ball, and is decent at set plays. Given a proper run at left back I think he'd do well.
    Fast, and so decent at pressing and looking busy. However from what I've seen he is awful on the ball and gets a nose bleed almost every time he is in possession. That ridiculous shanked cross against Peterborough(?) springs to mind when thinking of his crossing ability.

May be wrong though, I usually am.
    His free kick to set up our equaliser against Sheffield United was perfect though, the best free kick into the box all season
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    He has been at fault a number of times this season and we've conceded as a result.

He's got a good attitude, absolutely but that alone doesn't make a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    "If I recall correctly, Tutt-tutt pointed out some significant deficiencies in his game on the other Morgan Fox thread. He didn't question his attitude but did say we should have sold him when we had the chance.

I think it might be best for Fox that he moves on and makes a new start. If (and its a BIG 'if') the money is spent on a replacement that improves the team at that position, its good business."

@Missed It. - SSsssssssssh. Don't tell the Dee-Dahs
  • Options
    How's THD doing up there? He is more suited to KR style of play!
  • Options
    Ffs he is league one at best.
  • Options

SSSHHH
  • Options
    ross1 said:

SSSHHH
    :wink:
  • Options
    Two games sit in my mind, both very different, away to Blackpool when we secured promotion looked the nuts no pressure away to Millwall last week loads of pressure, very good both games, but from a fan who is very critical, we will regret it, and a loads of my lot will disagree let's see who is right, as others have said a crackin centre half in the makin

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Fox is a decent defender. Caught out of position is rubbish, he defends tight and doesn't go wide until the ball is out there. Correctly. We were spoilt by Wiggins who was quick enough to do same and prevent crosses in. Not the paciest but suffers from lack of cover. Best crosser of the ball in the club.

If he goes look forward to seeing Edwards as cover for Chicksen although unaware if he is on the radar as no 1st squad exposure to my knowledge. Better potential than Solly in 3/4 games I've seen. Slight but fearless. Hope Robbo has him bookmarked.
  • Options
    A full back's first task is to stop crosses coming in and MF has yet to master this task as he is a pace or two too slow or alternatively a pace or two too tight to his CB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is very limited indeed but many teams want a back four of strapping six footers to let the midfield do the creative stuff.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

A full back's first task is to stop crosses coming in and MF has yet to master this task as he is a pace or two too slow or alternatively a pace or two too tight to his CB.

That's true . Chris Powell was a master of this ; not that I expect bingo to be Of that class
  • Options
    He is absolute dog shit. If the rumoured 1 million is true then we really have ripped Wednesday off.
  • Options

Fox is a decent defender. Caught out of position is rubbish, he defends tight and doesn't go wide until the ball is out there. Correctly. We were spoilt by Wiggins who was quick enough to do same and prevent crosses in. Not the paciest but suffers from lack of cover. Best crosser of the ball in the club.

If he goes look forward to seeing Edwards as cover for Chicksen although unaware if he is on the radar as no 1st squad exposure to my knowledge. Better potential than Solly in 3/4 games I've seen. Slight but fearless. Hope Robbo has him bookmarked.

Not the best crosser but the lack of pace over 3 yards going forward will ever let him being a quality full back
  • Options
    He will soon be decharltonised.
  • Options
    Frustrating and quality in equal measures, I suspect that away from our madhouse and in the right conditions he will become a top-half Championship / lower Premier League star.

I think everyone slating him has short memories regarding other Charlton "failures".

Good luck Morgan, wish you the best mate.
  • Options
    Any else worried that we are already lining up those ready to be offloaded and yet our manager claims to be in Belgium discussing possible transfer targets? Bit bloody late to be getting round to thinking about this isn't it?
  • Options

Simon Francis the Bournemouth full back used to get loads of stick in division one with us and now is a regular premier league starter so he may go on to be ok. It would be a good move for all , you and Roland.

Perhaps Francis's inability to produce for Charlton what he has now shown what he is capable of should be attributed to Simon Francis more than the fans who didn't like his what appeared to be half hearted performances.
  • Options

He has a good engine and a sweet left foot and has assisted a few goals this year. He is brave and blocks well. Not bad in the air. He is a decent defender but room to improve. Our problem is that we have had a succession of excellent left backs over the last decade or two, so Morgan does not compare well with the likes of Wiggins. He is more a dour defender than an attacker. Every game he plays he does both good and bad, so he is a mixed bag. I quite like him because you know what you are going to get. Wears his heart on is sleeve. Bless.

His problem appears to be his brain speed - he appears to hesitate too often when he shouldn't but otherwise the rest of the game is there when he wants to perform.