Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox to Wednesday?

Comments

• Options

Afternoon Addicks,

Keep fighting the against the buggers!!

Hearing we've agreed a deal for Morgan Fox, source is usually realible but I will admit I know little about him, can anyone shed any light?

Ta

Basically, every League One right winger who has played against Charlton this season has been their man of the match. Mainly because Fox is not very good, especially with no protection in front of him. He has a lot less skill than Rhos Wiggins (another left back who you also signed from us); is much slower; not as good a tackler; scores about the same number of goals; and is about the same defensively. He does have a good engine (good pre-season one mile run times) and seems to stay fit (unlike Rhoys...). We'd be happy to see him go quite frankly as he is the fans second least favourite player (with only Roger Johnson behind him!). If you have a very good memory, think of a modern Lawrie Madden.
  • Options
    I thought Man United were supposed to interested in Morgan?
  • Options

I thought Man United were supposed to interested in Morgan?

They were but Mourinho wanted something bigger.

• Options
    He was better and more consistent in the Championship. If they are going on that form we'd do well to off-load him - 1 million would be very good business.
  • Options
    My prayers have been answered hallelujah, I knew this would happen when I got the the bigger bit of the wish bone out the turkey!!!
  • Options

I'm in the pro Fox camp. He gives everything, and has had dogs abuse at times from our fans. He is hardly surrounded by the cream of league 1, and the players in front of him have left him exposed over and over again. That said, he has made his fair share of mistakes. Certainly better for him to try his luck elsewhere, and probably for us too.

This sums it up perfectly imho
  • Options

I'm in the pro Fox camp. He gives everything, and has had dogs abuse at times from our fans. He is hardly surrounded by the cream of league 1, and the players in front of him have left him exposed over and over again. That said, he has made his fair share of mistakes. Certainly better for him to try his luck elsewhere, and probably for us too.

Yup, agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You won't get a consensus of opinion on here about him. Became a target of choice for the boo boys who then can't let go or allow anything to cloud their judgment. No doubt he has the ability but too often doesn't look decent. The reasons for that depend on which side of the Fox debate you're on. I personally think he is capable of doing well in the Championship with some decent players around him (and at a club that isn't a basket case at the moment).
  • Options
    Psst - someone hide that video of Morgan tracking back against Peterborough.
  • Options
    It's a deal, it's a steal, it's sale of the f***** century. You know what, *** it Wednesday, I'll think we will keep him.
  • Options
    Still can't believe the old he doesn't get much help down the left side excuse trotted out again and again.Gives 100% true but is poor at so many other things and some are just the basics like positioning and passing
  • Options
    Wiggins didn't last long at Wednesday. Not sure fox would either. THD didn't hang around either. Promote Archie Edwards' to first team Squad and he will be gone in the summer. The left back merry go round in full flow.
  • Options
    So who is gonna play left back then?
  • Options
    Fox doesn't offer much if anything going forward, and his defending is pretty basic. I think League One is about his level so it seems very strange that a play-off pushing Championship outfit is ready to spend £1m on him. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

What I will say is he is at least an honest player and a good professional. He gets far more shit from our fans than he deserves and to his credit, I can't remember him biting back once.
  • Options

Driesen has a nice Slovakian futsal player picked out already.
  • Options

We have a transfer window to sort that out.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That must be watching the wrong player.his Shit.
  • Options
    Good luck Foxy baby , I mean seriously £1m WOW , he is all heart but no way is he currently good enough for The Wednesday
  • Options

Phil Warman
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

You won't get a consensus of opinion on here about him. Became a target of choice for the boo boys who then can't let go or allow anything to cloud their judgment. No doubt he has the ability but too often doesn't look decent. The reasons for that depend on which side of the Fox debate you're on. I personally think he is capable of doing well in the Championship with some decent players around him (and at a club that isn't a basket case at the moment).

This is the only place you will get balanced views really.

Personally don't think Fox is good enough for Wednesday. Not fast enough, always caught out of position, beaten too easily, not that great going forward. However he is a trier. Everyone likes a trier. He holds his head high even when his chips are down and the fans get on his back.

Overall for £1mil I'd snap Wednesdays hands off.
  • Options
    Swap him with Forestieri.
    We'll then go for that Slovakian futsal player for LB