Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Michael RIP

12346»

Comments

• jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

errr. Are you comparing the two?

No, just fed up of all the crap that comes out about him being a saint and a lot more on other social media. He was a convicted drug driver and sexual deviant (nothing like JS I know).

sexual deviant? bit strong in many senses of the word
    Not really, unless you consider cruising for sex with strangers in public places (parks) as normal sexual practice ?
    Filmed an interview him about six or seven years ago and, rather embarrassingly, the interviewer (who had a religious perspective I suspect) put that to him. George made the point that being gay isn't illegal, neither is having sex. He almost walked out of the interview right there. You might find it distasteful, but each to their own, eh?
    Incidentally, he was charming, funny and interesting, although less friendly after the interview than before.
    What has being gay got to do with it, I haven't mentioned sexuality once.

I simply pointed out that he has criminal convictions for both drug driving and and cruising for sex in public places and that people should drop all the he was a saint bollox.

funny how nobody pulled me on the drug driving. Says more about the happy flaggers imho.
    No one said he didn't have issues. But when Sky News tweets about his seamy side right after he died it seemed more than a bit unfair. The fact that all these anonymous good deeds have been revealed has showed him in a good light, but if you can't see past the minor convictions then that's absolutely fine.
    But you didn't need to spell out his sexuality, it was implied in the term 'cruising'.
    What? The only time I have mentioned sexuality is my previous reply to you when you mentioned being gay not being illegal and I asked what being gay had to do with it.

Don't start twisting my words for your own agenda/outrage
    I have neither an agenda, not outrage. As KR might say, 'calm down, calm down'.
  • MrOneLung said:

errr. Are you comparing the two?

No, just fed up of all the crap that comes out about him being a saint and a lot more on other social media. He was a convicted drug driver and sexual deviant (nothing like JS I know).

sexual deviant? bit strong in many senses of the word
    Not really, unless you consider cruising for sex with strangers in public places (parks) as normal sexual practice ?
    As opposed to a nightclub ?
    You're right, trying to get someone to suck you off in a public toilet in a park is exactly the same as going out on the pull to a nightclub...
    You should know mate.
  • A lot of the alternative music I have been listening to for the past 30 years has probably been influenced by Bowie.

Yet out of all those 'stars' that have passed this year, I'm the most gutted about his.

Is it because alongside my Shellac LP sits George's Careless Whisper 12", one of my favourite songs ever, is it his great voice or that he was a cool fucker or that he reminds me of my youth or his age, or all of these things?
    I mean apart from that 12", I only have Faith and Wham hits CDs in an extensive music collection and wasn't really into his later stuff anyway.

Whatever the reason and whatever the reason for his passing..... Thanks George. RIP.

• edited October 2017
    Sill watch old ToTP from 1984 after a night and struggle with the daft old Georgy has passed :-(

• Sill watch old ToTP from 1984 after a night and struggle with the daft old Georgy has passed :-(

You had a few light ales tonight!
  • The documentary that he was filming when he died has now been completed and goes out on Channel 4 on 16th October.
  • https://youtu.be/iKEyhQ8SAU8

The security guy at Wembley is why certain people should not be given even the smallest bit of authority
  • Sponsored links:

• I envy people born in the 60/70's being bought up with music such as Wham, The Smiths, Queen, Tears 4 fears etc could go on for ever.

Wham - Freedom is my guilty song just love it so much, makes me feel happy and upbeat. There is no songs in this era that comes close to making me feel anything like the songs from the 60/70/80's do. Sad really.

However I had to endure the likes of Will Young, Westlife, Spice girls.

George Micheal seemed like a true gentleman, proper down to earth. Only heard positive things about him from all people. good looking sod too.

• George's sister was found dead at home on Christmas Day, the third anniversary of her brother's death. 

http://news.sky.com/story/george-michaels-sister-found-dead-on-third-anniversary-of-singers-death-11896133
  • Chizz said:

George's sister was found dead at home on Christmas Day, the third anniversary of her brother's death. 

http://news.sky.com/story/george-michaels-sister-found-dead-on-third-anniversary-of-singers-death-11896133
    very sad situation for what seems to be/has been a very close family .. R I P
  • Really. So any death incidental to a famous person needs to be recorded now.
    Obviously awful for the family but of no consequence to anyone else.
  • iainment said:
    Really. So any death incidental to a famous person needs to be recorded now.

Every death needs to be recorded. It's the law. Some deaths are newsworthy, like this one. It's an awful anniversary for a family, especially for one so closely involved in bringing happiness to people say this time of year. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about her death and for confirming that it's of no consequence to you, by posting about it. 

• edited December 2019
    iainment said:
    I am not massively interested in the death of people I do not know even celebrities, so I understand the sentiment but god you come across badly sometimes. 
  • iainment said:
    I don’t get posts like this. If it’s of no consequence to you then why bother posting anything, to do so suggests it is of consequence to you.