Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Michael RIP

Comments

• Options
    A seriously talented performer and song writer, the world is a much poorer place without you. RIP George
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Just been reading on the BBC about his charitable stuff. No big fanfare, he just gave money. Sponsored David Walliams 50,000 for a cross channel swim. Gave 15,000 for a woman on Deal or no Deal for her IVF treatment. Every year when Capital Radio did their 'help a London child' appeal, George would ring in at 3.30 and donate 100, 000 pounds. And more. And more. The man is going to be made a saint. And rightly so.
  • Options

Just been reading on the BBC about his charitable stuff. No nig fanfare, he just gave money. Sponsored David Walliams 50,000 for a cross channel swim. Gave 15,000 for a woman on Deal or no Deal for her IVF treatment. Every year when Capital Radio did their 'help a London child' appeal, George would ring in at 3.30 and donate 100, 000 pounds. And more. And more. The man is going to be made a saint. And rightly so.

Jimmy Savile raised a lot of money for charity too...

• Options
    errr. Are you comparing the two?
  • Options

No, just fed up of all the crap that comes out about him being a saint and a lot more on other social media. He was a convicted drug driver and sexual deviant (nothing like JS I know).

• Options

Just been reading on the BBC about his charitable stuff. No nig fanfare, he just gave money. Sponsored David Walliams 50,000 for a cross channel swim. Gave 15,000 for a woman on Deal or no Deal for her IVF treatment. Every year when Capital Radio did their 'help a London child' appeal, George would ring in at 3.30 and donate 100, 000 pounds. And more. And more. The man is going to be made a saint. And rightly so.

Jimmy Savile raised a lot of money for charity too...

Difference is that Savile did it all as a means to an end and very publicly too. Most causes George Michael gave to was done on an extremely private basis.
  • Options
    I'm not ashamed to say I loved Wham and I loved George Michael.
    RIP George, your music will live on for generations to come.
  • Options

No, just fed up of all the crap that comes out about him being a saint and a lot more on other social media. He was a convicted drug driver and sexual deviant (nothing like JS I know).

sexual deviant? bit strong in many senses of the word
    Not really, unless you consider cruising for sex with strangers in public places (parks) as normal sexual practice ?
  • Options
    News of this came through during family boxing day argument. The only bit that was good timing. Wasn't a massive fan, though I loved Wham Rap. The man had talent and could take the piss out of himself. Someone I know worked in a place he did his community service and he just came in and did it and was nice to everyone and quite humble - the opposite of what was probably expected with all the bad press. Obviously, he had some demons that got him into that place, but it's terrible that he's died so young.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not really, unless you consider cruising for sex with strangers in public places (parks) as normal sexual practice ?
    As opposed to a nightclub ?
  • Options
    dave old chum this is a stop digging scenario. yrs, a regular digger
  • Options

Ffs, give it a rest mate.
    Like-minded individuals, who cares.

• Options

It's not even illegal as long as you're taking steps to prevent others from seeing it. (Yes, public toilets is illegal - but there will be posters on here that have had sex in a public toilet before, it's hardly comparable with what JS did ffs.)

Get a bit of perspective.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

You're right, trying to get someone to suck you off in a public toilet in a park is exactly the same as going out on the pull to a nightclub...
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

You're right, trying to get someone to suck you off in a public toilet in a park is exactly the same as going out on the pull to a nightclub...
    Seriously? Try and show an ounce of respect.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

It's not even illegal as long as you're taking steps to prevent others from seeing it. (Yes, public toilets is illegal - but there will be posters on here that have had sex in a public toilet before, it's hardly comparable with what JS did ffs.)

Get a bit of perspective.
    I have already stated that I wasn't comparing the two
  • Options
    Ignore Dave, he's just got the hump coz he got rejected by Saville
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Back in the day, George Michael was the Person i wanted to trade places with, as he had a great voice, great hair, fun music and the girls surrounded him like bees around a honeypot.
    When he came out as gay, i decided Andrew Ridgeley was the guy to trade places with; he may not of had any talent but the girls were still there !

George had a fantastic voice but seemed to be riddled with guilt over being gay and the drugs fucked up his life and body in so many different ways.

RIP Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou.

You were so talented.
  • Options

Filmed an interview him about six or seven years ago and, rather embarrassingly, the interviewer (who had a religious perspective I suspect) put that to him. George made the point that being gay isn't illegal, neither is having sex. He almost walked out of the interview right there. You might find it distasteful, but each to their own, eh?
    Incidentally, he was charming, funny and interesting, although less friendly after the interview than before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jdmotion said:

Filmed an interview him about six or seven years ago and, rather embarrassingly, the interviewer (who had a religious perspective I suspect) put that to him. George made the point that being gay isn't illegal, neither is having sex. He almost walked out of the interview right there. You might find it distasteful, but each to their own, eh?
    Incidentally, he was charming, funny and interesting, although less friendly after the interview than before.
    What has being gay got to do with it, I haven't mentioned sexuality once.

I simply pointed out that he has criminal convictions for both drug driving and and cruising for sex in public places and that people should drop all the he was a saint bollox.

funny how nobody pulled me on the drug driving. Says more about the happy flaggers imho.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

jdmotion said:

I simply pointed out that he has criminal convictions for both drug driving and and cruising for sex in public places and that people should drop all the he was a saint bollox.

funny how nobody pulled me on the drug driving. Says more about the happy flaggers imho.
    No one said he didn't have issues. But when Sky News tweets about his seamy side right after he died it seemed more than a bit unfair. The fact that all these anonymous good deeds have been revealed has showed him in a good light, but if you can't see past the minor convictions then that's absolutely fine.
    But you didn't need to spell out his sexuality, it was implied in the term 'cruising'.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

No one said he didn't have issues. But when Sky News tweets about his seamy side right after he died it seemed more than a bit unfair. The fact that all these anonymous good deeds have been revealed has showed him in a good light, but if you can't see past the minor convictions then that's absolutely fine.
    But you didn't need to spell out his sexuality, it was implied in the term 'cruising'.
    What? The only time I have mentioned sexuality is my previous reply to you when you mentioned being gay not being illegal and I asked what being gay had to do with it.

Don't start twisting my words for your own agenda/outrage
  • Options
    Drug driving is a bit shitty (depending on the drug, the tolerance of the user, time of day, type of road etc) but frankly if it doesn't lead to an accident and (along with consensual sexual activity) it's the worst thing you can think of to tar a dead popstar with then they've probably led a pretty decent life. So I'm thinking of Dave's posts as an encomium.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Drug driving is a bit shitty (depending on the drug, the tolerance of the user, time of day, type of road etc) but frankly if it doesn't lead to an accident and (along with consensual sexual activity) it's the worst thing you can think of to tar a dead popstar with then they've probably led a pretty decent life. So I'm thinking of Dave's posts as an encomium.

He crashed into a shop front stoned
  • Options
    Doesn't lead to a...an accident where people got hurt?

Still filing that one under 'forgivable'.
  • Options
    And you can bet he willingly paid for the damage
  • Options
    no involvement in the tittle tattle from me ..the wrong time.. i will mourn his sad passing and give him credit for the pleasure he brought to many through his art ...RIP