Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Michael RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options

As if I've been flagged for that. Merry Christmas.

There's a time and a place for quoting tweets like that . He's not even cold .
    Beds, if you feel like that then I've happily taken it down. I apologise and merry Christmas.
    Cheers mate . Unflagged . When people are saying it's the worst year its relating to celebrity deaths not people dying in wars . I'm probably being a bit touchy :-)
    No, that's complete sense.

The man was a legend and deserves the upmost respect.
  • Options
    Whether you're a fan of their music or not, record sales tell you we've lost 2 superstars of British music history in 2 days. How very sad!
  • Options
    We were listening to a Christmas playlist on Spotify as Last Christmas came on and the news broke at the same time. Spooky!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I was an original Whamette! I followed George and Andrew all around especially outside the Lyceum.

I made a lovely card for them when I was about 15. Met George many times in those young days before they made it big.

My best moment was when us groupies were hanging outside the BBC studio. Two old security guards were trying to keeping the 20 of us back. One of the guards bent down to go under the barrier when two of the fans made a run for it and split his strides!! He told his pal he had to go get changed so I saw my opportunity and legged it thru!!

I went up the side and hid behind each pillar. Finally got to George who was already talking to two fans who were standing there talking to him sobbing. So I said Alright George. He said hello. Then this Pratt of a security guard came back out and snatched my camera but at the same time snatched my gold chain off my neck and it broke. George absolutely yelled at him and told him to get back down to the gates and to leave me alone. I then stood and chatted with George for a half hour.

I met him lots when I was young. His sister told me the card I made was his best present at that stage. I'm going up to the loft to get my Wham pics out.

I'm gutted.

Pps this has taken me about an hour to write!!

Happy Christmas x

Nice story B - couple of girls in my year were absolutely obsessed with Kajagoogoo! I still remember the sensation they caused when they* skipped theie English O Level to go up for a filming at the BBC

* the girls not Limahl & co

Sadly as the icons of the 60s/70s/80s age - these heartbreaking events are goung to be more common & more shocking - especially for those of us who grew up with these icons :(

Hard to come to terms with though the frquency it has happened this year

RIP George...
  • Options
    As someone who didn't particularly like the likes of Wham I surprised myself when I purchased Faith and Listen Without Prejudice as the guy was obviously a supremely talented songwriter. Sad he went off the rails and has now paid the ultimate price.

RIP GM
  • Options
    RIP GM.

The New Years Eve party this year in Heaven is going to be amazing. Not sure how they will all manage to play with this year influx of talent.

I cant remember a year this bad for losing Iconic artists. RIP to all.
  • Options
    Thank you and goodbye 2016.....a truly awful year for deaths in the entertainment business in general.
    RIP George.....RIP.
  • Options
    RIP George
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liked his cameo in Extras.

Seemed a very funny bloke who didn't take himself too seriously and to be like that as famous and as successful as he was, was rare.
  • Options
    Very sad. Like @Bangkokaddick I wasn't in any way a fan of Wham, but the guy was a huge talent. We lost a real star here
    Thanks again 2016, it's been real.
    RIP George.
  • Options
    Bloody hell another one, prince, bowie, parfitt and now him.
  • Options
    RIP George. Very sad.
  • Options
    Genuinely saddened by this.
    Handsome hugely talented intelligent and articulate man, I thought he stole the show at the Freddie Mercury tribute being one of the few who could really front one of those songs.
    He wrote some great music, that I suspect will stand the test of time.
    RIP George.
  • Options
    RIP George, my teenage years finding out what I liked musically, and his music framed my childhood, attempting to be cool and look like him with bleached blond hair (I know, I know).
    Saw the last Wham concert at a Wembley in 1986, and his solo Faith Tour at Earls Court in 1988.
    Very talented singer and songwriter as his style matured, I grew with him, his solo albums, especially Ladies & Gentleman were a must listen.
    I lost a hero yesterday, and part of my childhood is now missing.
  • Options
    RIP. A very talented bloke.
    Somebody wrap David Jason in cotton wool !
  • Options
    Another one gone.jeeeez!! R.I.P George Michael.
  • Options
    The the world rations out truly great voices, we have lost one of them. RIP George.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    image.
  • Options
    Shocked. RIP
  • Options
    Way too young RIP
  • Options
    Happy memories of my children dancing, when very young to, as they called it, 'Wake me up before you cocoa' Hopefully the end was peaceful. Condolences to his family.
  • Options
    Oh man alive, the Mrs is in bits, and so am I. As much as I love Rock and Prog George was a guilty pleasure.

If you get a chance, check out his cover of Rufus Wainwright's Going to a Town. George at his utter best.
  • Options
    Yet another one goes in 2016, coupled with 92 dying in yesterdays plane crash, what a bloody awful year. Mrs RM is gutted she loved Wham and all his solo stuff. RIP George condolences to family and friends. God bless
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP