Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    classy statement, classy keeper, classy guy
    Yep. 
  • Options
    An excellent interview and very honest. 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    No mention of Lee in that letter, wonder if they left on bad terms
    he does "and of course Lee Bowyer for giving me the chance to establish myself as no,1"
    Ah jaysus. I'm half blind
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    No mention of Chris Powell in that letter.
    I wonder if he left on bad terms?
    And no thanks for the fans either.  He must hate us  :smiley:
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Except for the part where he thanked him? 
  • Options
    But of a silly question do I wonder if a full season with Philips with the risk of him being out of contract is better than Amos with the extra 400k. I wonder how many extra points Phillips would possibly earn if he was playing over Amos

Amos looks pretty promising to be fair and looks well able to replace him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    dickplumb said:
    An excellent interview and very honest. 
    Surprised you read it seeing that he’s left the club.
    Ooh you bitch. As it was an interview explaining why he left I am somewhat interested in it. What I am not interested in is the fact that Taylor hasn't scored a goal and Solly hasn't got a club yet. This constant talk about our old players is boring, let's concentrate on the players we have.

• Options
    Great keeper and a great bloke. 
    Wish him nothing but the best. 
    Go and have a great career Dillon  and thanks for all the memories. 
    Especially Wembley. 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    But of a silly question do I wonder if a full season with Philips with the risk of him being out of contract is better than Amos with the extra 400k. I wonder how many extra points Phillips would possibly earn if he was playing over Amos

There is surely no way of knowing that sadly, but who knows if Phillips would have made the save against Sunderland 2 weeks ago, or if he would have made the same saves Amos made at the weekend.
  • Options
    I keep refreshing this thread in the hope that I'll see Golfie thanking Phillips for all his efforts on behalf of CAFC and wishing him all the very best in the future
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Maybe you should read it again
  • Options
    MattF said:
    siblers said:

There is surely no way of knowing that sadly, but who knows if Phillips would have made the save against Sunderland 2 weeks ago, or if he would have made the same saves Amos made at the weekend.
    or who knows if Philips would have fumbled the shot like Amos did. We'll never know.
  • Options
    Great statement, all the best Dills.
  • Options
    All the best Dillon. Great keeper at this level solid at championship.

All round decent statement to leave on.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I keep refreshing this thread in the hope that I'll see Golfie thanking Phillips for all his efforts on behalf of CAFC and wishing him all the very best in the future
    Don't know why you called me out. I've never bad mouthed Dills at all. In fact, I'd prefer him in the team instead of Amos, but as things stood last month you can see why both sides thought it was time he sought pastures new.

Just waiting for tweddle dee & tweddle dum to do the honourable thing & pen similar letters.....🤔🤫
  • Options
    Don't know why you called me out. I've never bad mouthed Dills at all. In fact, I'd prefer him in the team instead of Amos, but as things stood last month you can see why both sides thought it was time he sought pastures new.

Just waiting for tweddle dee & tweddle dum to do the honourable thing & pen similar letters.....🤔🤫
    You still couldn't quite bring yourself to say that though. Anyway mustn't drag you away from cheering on Grant and the other six former Charlton players in the WBA v Burnley game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quickly get my thing in before it comes personal between cl members. 
    Phillips seems better than Amos. 
     I would love if he was still here but unfortunately we went down and we lost a chance on him and many others who are better than we have. 
    Amos though is still a very good keeper and I'm happy with him as a replacement but I really hoped that for once one of our decent keepers would stay with us. 
  • Options
    Good luck Dills, classy leaving letter.
  • Options
    Thats how you leave leave a club for me

Hopefully him and Doughty will be the last of years of miss management when it comes to sorting out contracts in a timely manner
    Exactly what I was about to write, can I sub out all my future posts to you now?

PS my password is Lyleisaprick467 (can you believe 466 users already had that??)
  • Options
    Now that is the way to leave a club.

Really classy.

And not surprising. Reminds me of when we played Cheltenham in a League Cup tie after he had been on loan there and the the guys writing in the Cheltenham programme just couldn't speak highly enough of him.

I hope you nail that number 1 spot down at Cardiff before long. But I also hope you come back and nail the number 1 spot back down at Charlton long before you hang your gloves up.
  • Options
    Really classy that.  Fair play Dillon & good luck
  • Options
    MattF said:

That's how you leave with class and fans good-will even if you have wanted a move. Take note lyle
  • Options
    Great statement.
    Class from a class player and a class person.
    All the very best Dillon.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Nice statement for a good character.  Good luck with the rest of your career Dills.

• Options
    Classy from Dills - good luck and thank you, young man.