Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips (Cardiff sending him on loan to Belgium p36)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Also remains to be seen if any activity on Dillon Phillips.

As I understand it, there's a good chance he wouldn't be included in Charlton's 23-man squad when they submit that.

Omitting him would free up funds for someone else.

Proper frozen out,

Crazy decision if true, it only frees up £1,700 a week. 
    That's an additional 1700 that can be offered to another player. Potentially putting them on £3,700 instead of the £2k that Bow thinks is the maximum we can pay. 
  • Options

Uh-oh...
  • Options
    If it frees up his wages for us to get someone else in then I'm all for it
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    There is no way he could move to the PL with his distribution. 

Everton did not go for him, but have brought in a 2nd choice goalie to challenge/wakeup Pickford. We need to realise our players aren't the most sought after in the world! It surprised quite a few that Taylor only ended up at Forest.
    My Everton comment was tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    There is going to be a scramble as soon as one move is agreed. Should keep the price up at least.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Uh-oh...
    uh-oh?? He's obviously not going to get any game time and is taking up precious £££ in the budget - more like finally than uh-oh to me.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Also remains to be seen if any activity on Dillon Phillips.

As I understand it, there's a good chance he wouldn't be included in Charlton's 23-man squad when they submit that.

Omitting him would free up funds for someone else.

Proper frozen out,

Crazy decision if true, it only frees up £1,700 a week. 

But we still have to pay him so how does that not apply to the cap? It still has to count surely otherwise clubs could still get themselves into financial difficulties in doing this. And the cap is there to stop that.
    Because I assume not being named in our squad means we can’t play him.
  • Options
    Butland to Palace and Gunn to Stoke seem to be done. No obvious move seems to be left as it stands. 
  • Options
    Butland to Palace and Gunn to Stoke seem to be done. No obvious move seems to be left as it stands. 
    Are Liverpool still sniffing around Ben Foster? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Best thing for everyone that he leaves 
  • Options
    Cardiff apparently 
  • Options
    Cardiff and probably doubled his wages 
  • Options
    No point keeping him if he didn’t want to play for Charlton anymore. Hope we got a decent fee. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'd take £1m* with a sell on clause tbh. Good luck to the lad.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Reckon we may have accepted south of a million just to offload him
  • Options
    I'd take £2m with a sell on clause tbh. Good luck to the lad.
    Doubt it will be even half that, I'll have a guess & say 800K but wouldn't be surprised if it's lower.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Reckon qe may have accepted south of a million just to offload him
    I agree with this. If Bowyer had no intention of involving him anything is better than nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'd take £2m with a sell on clause tbh. Good luck to the lad.
    Doubt it will be even half that, I'll have a guess & say 800K but wouldn't be surprised if it's lower.

I meant to put £1m tbf 🤣
  • Options
    Will probably become an International  goalkeeper like previous ones of ours that have left to seek pastures new. Pope & Randolph spring to mind.
  • Options
    Will probably become an International  goalkeeper like previous ones of ours that have left to seek pastures new. Pope & Randolph spring to mind.
    And Elliot 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh, I didn’t realise he could qualify to play for someone other than England? Does he have Welsh roots?
  • Options
    Shame he is going to warm the bench at Cardiff, more than capable of being first team in a Championship side. Going to be a big waste of his talents, but that's agents for you
  • Options
    Oh, I didn’t realise he could qualify to play for someone other than England? Does he have Welsh roots?
    If Cascarino can play for Ireland, with a name like Phillips, I'm sure they can find some somewhere.