Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Has anyone else heard anything about this or is it one person?
  • To add another part to this. I don't know how long Kewell has been dealing with the younger players at Watford. However two young footballers released by Watford in the past few years were Kurtis Cumberbatch who then had a year with us, and Bobson Bawling who now plays for Crawley.
    I remember talking to their agent about three years ago at Sparrows lane, the agent being Dean Rosenthal.
  • Redhenry said:

Looks like Karl won't see out the end of his contract. Heard he is off to Wigan.

Haha!! It's like being dumped after you'd realised the relationship is rubbish but didn't know how to break it to them.

Saves us a job!
  • Good riddance.
  • He's selling, he's not. Planning for next season, big budget, Karl Robinson off.

I give up trying to work out what's happening at The Valley. I'm just going to hope for the best I think.
  • Robinson was linked with a move to Wigan back in October. Maybe their young chairman is still keen on him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2049096/wigan-athletic-to-offer-karl-robinson-a-return-to-management-just-two-days-after-he-was-sacked-by-mk-dons/
  • If Robinson deserts the sinking ship for Wigan, you can guarantee it's all over for Meire and Duchatelet. I will wager now that our first fixture of the new season will be against Wigan and we all know the outcome. Bye Karl, you managed to make Karel Fraye look ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leaving aside his footballing ability, I have never heard anybody say they took against Karel Fraeye personally. I remember meeting and talking with him and he came across as a good bloke generally.
  • Wigan isn't too far from Scouseland, so it could make sense.
  • Please let this rumour be true, guy loves himself, yet we have gone from bad to worse. Never his fault.
  • When he started out he had John Gorman assisting/mentoring him and I would love to know when he retired. As the experienced head left him to it has his career taken a turn for the worse?
  • seth plum said:

Leaving aside his footballing ability, I have never heard anybody say they took against Karel Fraeye personally. I remember meeting and talking with him and he came across as a good bloke generally.

Escaping in a laundry trolley and leaving a crestfallen and heartbroken Henderson who had just let in half a dozen goals to face the press is just an awful thing to do to anyone. For that reason I think he's a spineless prick.
  • yeah I can see Congo Chris making first team coach real soon.

• seth plum said:

Leaving aside his footballing ability, I have never heard anybody say they took against Karel Fraeye personally. I remember meeting and talking with him and he came across as a good bloke generally.

Escaping in a laundry trolley and leaving a crestfallen and heartbroken Henderson who had just let in half a dozen goals to face the press is just an awful thing to do to anyone. For that reason I think he's a spineless prick.
    Actually yeah, you have a point there, and there was the comedy written instructions he sent on that time too.
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Actually yeah, you have a point there, and there was the comedy written instructions he sent on that time too.
    'SPREAD OUT!'
  • Sponsored links:

• I would drive him there, as long as I could drop him off at the end of the pier there.
  • This would be amazing if Robbo went and the new owners replaced him with Sir Chris Powell. Please please please!
  • He'll enjoy one of them:

• I would drive him there, as long as I could drop him off at the end of the pier there.

Me too, but he'd have to promise to keep his mouth shut while I'm driving.
  • sm said:

I would drive him there, as long as I could drop him off at the end of the pier there.

Me too, but he'd have to promise to keep his mouth shut while I'm driving.
    Maybe you could borrow some duct tape from someone...
  • bobmunro said:

Beardface said:

To all prospective new owners. There is only one.

Seriously, I was day-dreaming earlier that I had a spare £billion. I went to two sheds and slapped a £70million cheque on his desk and said that covers it all, including the ground, Sparrows Lane and the debt, now feck-off.

Last home game of the season a massive PR campaign to get a full-house at The Valley with the promise of sensational news. Dave Lockwood as the pitch announcer starts by introducing the new first team coach - JJ. Followed by welcoming on to the pitch the new Director of Football, Curbs. Then comes the announcement that the new CEO would be Reg. Finally, Big Dave says he would like to introduce the new manager and starts a 'ooooooh!' - the 24,000 home fans look to the tunnel and as the noise reaches a crescendo Chrissie runs out and jumps higher than he's ever done before.

I'm then introduced as the new Chairman and I make a short speech confirming that The Valley is safe and is to be put in trust controlled by CAST. Adding - 'ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have our Charlton back'.

Now where did I put my cheque book?
    I've dreamt the same many times.
  • A RD head coach resigning would be a first...
  • A RD head coach resigning would be a first...

Riga, second time?