Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• A RD head coach resigning would be a first...

Riga, second time?
    "Mutual".
  • Hope this happens. The beer's cheaper up there so it probably is!
  • A RD head coach resigning would be a first...

Riga, second time?
    I think this would be different, assuming we don't get relegated...
  • bobmunro said:

Beardface said:

To all prospective new owners. There is only one.

Seriously, I was day-dreaming earlier that I had a spare £billion. I went to two sheds and slapped a £70million cheque on his desk and said that covers it all, including the ground, Sparrows Lane and the debt, now feck-off.

Last home game of the season a massive PR campaign to get a full-house at The Valley with the promise of sensational news. Dave Lockwood as the pitch announcer starts by introducing the new first team coach - JJ. Followed by welcoming on to the pitch the new Director of Football, Curbs. Then comes the announcement that the new CEO would be Reg. Finally, Big Dave says he would like to introduce the new manager and starts a 'ooooooh!' - the 24,000 home fans look to the tunnel and as the noise reaches a crescendo Chrissie runs out and jumps higher than he's ever done before.

I'm then introduced as the new Chairman and I make a short speech confirming that The Valley is safe and is to be put in trust controlled by CAST. Adding - 'ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have our Charlton back'.

Now where did I put my cheque book?
    You left out the best part, when you sacked squirrel face.....
  • bobmunro said:

Beardface said:

To all prospective new owners. There is only one.

Seriously, I was day-dreaming earlier that I had a spare £billion. I went to two sheds and slapped a £70million cheque on his desk and said that covers it all, including the ground, Sparrows Lane and the debt, now feck-off.

Last home game of the season a massive PR campaign to get a full-house at The Valley with the promise of sensational news. Dave Lockwood as the pitch announcer starts by introducing the new first team coach - JJ. Followed by welcoming on to the pitch the new Director of Football, Curbs. Then comes the announcement that the new CEO would be Reg. Finally, Big Dave says he would like to introduce the new manager and starts a 'ooooooh!' - the 24,000 home fans look to the tunnel and as the noise reaches a crescendo Chrissie runs out and jumps higher than he's ever done before.

I'm then introduced as the new Chairman and I make a short speech confirming that The Valley is safe and is to be put in trust controlled by CAST. Adding - 'ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have our Charlton back'.

Now where did I put my cheque book?
    Wet dream if I've ever heard of one.
  • sm said:

I would drive him there, as long as I could drop him off at the end of the pier there.

Me too, but he'd have to promise to keep his mouth shut while I'm driving.
    Maybe you could borrow some duct tape from someone...
    Didn't I say, he would be in the boot?
  • So the only possible defense he had - that he would rebuild in the summer - is seen as more bullshit and he can fuck off scot-free having stolen his wages and helped to f*** us up.

Worse than Pardew.
  • Knowing our luck, he'll probably lead Wigan to the league one title next season and win manager of the year!

I take your point about our luck. But I think I can safely say that this man will not be leading Wigan anywhere, least of all to the Championship.

Knowing our luck, he'll probably lead Wigan to the league one title next season and win manager of the year!

I take your point about our luck. But I think I can safely say that this man will not be leading Wigan anywhere, least of all to the Championship.
    Unless he ever took them over when they are in the premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Robinson has any sense, and I'm really not convinced he does, he'll head off to the first team that shows an interest. He's actually quite lucky that the shitness of the regime hides his failings to an extent. He's still got a bit of that reputation from taking MK Dons up and he can always brush off any criticism of his failure here as being as a result of the unworkable situation.

The reality though is that's he's failed in every area. Tactically he's a mess; he tried he's preferred formation, stuck with it for too long when it was clear it wasn't working, and has since set into panic, switching formation a couple of times a game, trying every possible player in every possible position and confusing all the players. He's also had a transfer window that went terrible. I know RD windows are difficult anyway, but he's hardly succeeded where he's got what he wants. I think Forster-Caskey is a good player, but he's been dreadful for us and he can't get into the first team anymore. Byrne is ok, but only a loan, Page is already out of the picture after a disastrous start and Jay Dasilva is the one who looks alright, but clearly wasn't a Robinson signing. He also clearly did nothing to stand in the way of Ajose going to Swindon.

With the players he has, he's failed them all over. Dasilva sat on the bench every game and now he's given a run out looks like one of our better players, making it more insane that we got Page in to sit about doing nothing. Ulvestad was frozen out by Robinson and now is suddenly in use again after months of wasted loan time. He's repeatedly tried to jam Tony Watt into the side despite him being useless, but he couldn't possibly make use of Ajose who at least has proven he can score in this league, and God knows what's going on with the flip-flopping of Teixeira.

On every metric, from tactics, to transfers, to use of players and even communication he's been a total disaster. If this takeover is going to go through he should really make sure his bag's already packed as the review he'll face from any new owners would seriously harm his chances of getting a decent job elsewhere. Jump before you're pushed Karl

Nailed it. Every bit.
  • @Garrymanilow hitting the Robinson nail square on the head.
  • Busted flush and a Chancer (not you Garry :wink: ).
  • He'll always have Dele Ali and will live off that for a bit longer yet.

• Conversation from twitter between Sun football journalist Alan Nixon and formerbcafc staffer Iain Liddle

21m
    Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
    Wigan want Rosler back. Norwich in too. Not to mention Fleetwood wanting to keep. Others met and short listed. But he is number 1.

Iain Liddle‏ @IainLiddle
    Anything in Karl Robinson to Wigan, Alan?

Replying to @IainLiddle
    He is about sixth or seventh in short list
    11:15 am · 16 Apr 2017

Iain Liddle‏ @IainLiddle
    Replying to @reluctantnicko
    Interesting. Been talked about for a couple of weeks around Charlton. Feels like a decent fit for both, but especially KR.
  • Bubble said:

Conversation from twitter between Sun football journalist Alan Nixon and formerbcafc staffer Iain Liddle

21m
    Wigan want Rosler back. Norwich in too. Not to mention Fleetwood wanting to keep. Others met and short listed. But he is number 1.

Iain Liddle‏ @IainLiddle
    Anything in Karl Robinson to Wigan, Alan?

Replying to @IainLiddle
    He is about sixth or seventh in short list
    11:15 am · 16 Apr 2017

Iain Liddle‏ @IainLiddle
    Replying to @reluctantnicko
    Interesting. Been talked about for a couple of weeks around Charlton. Feels like a decent fit for both, but especially KR.

He'll do well to finish 7th
    7th bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect Nathan Byrne will refuse to return to Wigan should Jimmy Tarbuck actually be appointed as manager there having experienced his tactical acumen here!
  • Well Karl, your in your own 'mini league' of 7 now, I know how you like those so crack on fellah, Make us proud again...
  • Interesting that Liddle, who obviously has CAFC links mentions the Tarbuck to Wigan story being talked about for "weeks" not just past few days.

Add in speculation about Barker to Rotherham and the takeover rumours there must be a lot of uncertainty around the players and staff at Sparrows Lane, even more than a normal close season.

Players and agents will be gossiping and looking around for the best options their​ careers and they may not see Charlton as that right now.

Not good for anyone at the club or fans.

Hasn't that been the case for the last two years?
  • Interesting that Liddle, who obviously has CAFC links mentions the Tarbuck to Wigan story being talked about for "weeks" not just past few days.

Add in speculation about Barker to Rotherham and the takeover rumours there must be a lot of uncertainty around the players and staff at Sparrows Lane, even more than a normal close season.

Players and agents will be gossiping and looking around for the best options their​ careers and they may not see Charlton as that right now.

Not good for anyone at the club or fans.

Hasn't that been the case for the last two years?
    Certainly last year but Riga was gone it was just that no one knew who was coming in, least if all Meire.

The summer before we ended and started with the same head coach, our new Fergie.

And there were no takeover rumours.
  • IdleHans said:

If you're off to Wigan, Karl, I'd like to thank you for your efforts under difficult circumstances during your short time at Charlton.
    I'd like to, but I can't. You've been abject.

Sorry Wigan fans but I am praying, yes, on my knees praying that Rubbishson is on his way back to Merseyland where the useless prat belongs ..
    .. and that he stays there .. please let it be so
  • At least he is top of the 7th favourite onwards table of managers :-)
  • IdleHans said:

If you're off to Wigan, Karl, I'd like to thank you for your efforts under difficult circumstances during your short time at Charlton.
    I'd like to, but I can't. You've been abject.

Sorry Wigan fans but I am praying, yes, on my knees praying that Rubbishson is on his way back to Merseyland where the useless prat belongs ..
    .. and that he stays there .. please let it be so
    Wigan is in Cheshire, not Merseyland. The mancs & the scousers dont like each other much so wont be best pleased you think Wigan is in Liverpool.