Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• edited April 2017

IdleHans said:

If you're off to Wigan, Karl, I'd like to thank you for your efforts under difficult circumstances during your short time at Charlton.
    I'd like to, but I can't. You've been abject.

Sorry Wigan fans but I am praying, yes, on my knees praying that Rubbishson is on his way back to Merseyland where the useless prat belongs ..
    .. and that he stays there .. please let it be so
    Wigan is in Cheshire, not Merseyland. The mancs & the scousers dont like each other much so wont be best pleased you think Wigan is in Liverpool.
    Who gives a fuck
    Anyone who lives in Cheshire will, Wigan is in Greater Manchester North West of the City. Best stick to financial services @golfaddick :wink: .
  • IdleHans said:

If you're off to Wigan, Karl, I'd like to thank you for your efforts under difficult circumstances during your short time at Charlton.

Sorry Wigan fans but I am praying, yes, on my knees praying that Rubbishson is on his way back to Merseyland where the useless prat belongs ..
    Something tells me you don't rate this fella Lincs.........
  • Agreed RedChaser. Pie eating inbreds :-)
  • RedChaser said:

IdleHans said:

Wigan is in Cheshire, not Merseyland. The mancs & the scousers dont like each other much so wont be best pleased you think Wigan is in Liverpool.
    Who gives a fuck
    Anyone who lives in Cheshire will, Wigan is in Greater Manchester North West of the City. Best stick to financial services @golfaddick :wink: .
    The Mersey starts in Stockport and flows through Manchester before becoming absorbed into the ship canal. Isn't it therefore fair to say that so-called Greater Manchester is merely a small part of Greater Merseyland?
  • My mate born and bred and lives in the Wirral (not abs, although he also lives there and is a mate) hates being called a scouser, akin to us being called cockneys, geography does come into play
  • IdleHans said:

nice try (not) .. Wigan is included as part of Greater Manchester, old Lancashire .. and I was using 'merseryland' with a bit of poetic licence
  • edited April 2017
    DA9 said:

My mate born and bred and lives in the Wirral (not abs, although he also lives there and is a mate) hates being called a scouser, akin to us being called cockneys, geography does come into play

That is just because it is, mostly, the posh bit. It would be like someone from Kensington saying they are from London, they are, but would they?
  • Sponsored links:

• He's a poor man's Pardew and even more stupid. The sooner he goes the better.

"In some ways."

• DA9 said:

My mate born and bred and lives in the Wirral (not abs, although he also lives there and is a mate) hates being called a scouser, akin to us being called cockneys, geography does come into play

That is just because it is, mostly, the posh bit. It would be like someone from Kensington saying they are from London, they are, but would they?
    Yep, quite like the Wirral, Upton and Heswall, some lovely pubs up by the Mersey new Brighton area
  • Nug said:

Swisdom said:

The fact he's still in charge is what gives me hope of this takeover. If we sack him and pay him off it will cost money - Roland isn't going to do that when looking to sell up.

Robbo has survived a fans trip to Belgium, a pigtch invasion and a biblically poor run of results yet still has his job. If a takeover happens he knows he's out on his ear so might as well sit back and wait for the tap on the shoulder.

My concern is it needs to happen soon. That gives us time to get a new manager appointed, the playing squad sorted sooner and the necessary reinforcements lined up so we are not scraping around for bargain basement players in August like we are every year.

I just want the season to end asafp and am looking forward to that new-season buzz I get each year but under new ownership this time around. I'm looking forward to us potentially signing players I don't have to trawl Wikipedia for info about too - you know, players we have heard of.

180 degree turn shocker!
    Nug stalking me shocker

• Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

The fact he's still in charge is what gives me hope of this takeover. If we sack him and pay him off it will cost money - Roland isn't going to do that when looking to sell up.

Robbo has survived a fans trip to Belgium, a pigtch invasion and a biblically poor run of results yet still has his job. If a takeover happens he knows he's out on his ear so might as well sit back and wait for the tap on the shoulder.

My concern is it needs to happen soon. That gives us time to get a new manager appointed, the playing squad sorted sooner and the necessary reinforcements lined up so we are not scraping around for bargain basement players in August like we are every year.

I just want the season to end asafp and am looking forward to that new-season buzz I get each year but under new ownership this time around. I'm looking forward to us potentially signing players I don't have to trawl Wikipedia for info about too - you know, players we have heard of.

180 degree turn shocker!
    Nug stalking me shocker

It's good to see. We'll have you chucking stuff on the pitch yet....might be vol-au-vents but never mind.
  • RedChaser said:

IdleHans said:

Who gives a fuck
    Agreed - we don't want those woolybacks in Cheshire thank you very much!
  • People from the Wirral are called Woollybacks by Scousers. When I pointed out to a Liverpudlian colleague that Paul Nuttal was a scouser, she was very quick to deny it, saying he was a woollyback.
    I've denied any responsibility on the same grounds for various assorted Cockneys and denizens of Croydon in the past so had to accept she had a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

Wigan Athletic is a closer drive to the centre of Liverpool than the centre of Manchester.
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Yep, quite like the Wirral, Upton and Heswall, some lovely pubs up by the Mersey new Brighton area
    As Tranmere sing

Do not be mistaken, do not be misled
    We are not Scousers, we're from Birkenhead
    You can keep your cath e der al
    And Pier Head
    We are not Scousers
    We're from Birkenhead
    This reads like a Nigel Blackwell original tbh
  • Wigan is in Cheshire, not Merseyland. The mancs & the scousers dont like each other much so wont be best pleased you think Wigan is in Liverpool.

Geography police.

No excuse for poor geography unless you're female!!!
  • I just want to read that Robinson has left the building, not where Wigan is
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Geography police.

No excuse for poor geography unless you're female!!!

Yeah but New Brighton is really scouseland yet now is a CH postcode.
  • I just want to read that Robinson has left the building, not where Wigan is

Can we take that as a no to driving him there then Johnny :wink: .
  • DA9 said:

Locally I believe they are known as woolybacks.
  • IdleHans said:

nice try (not) .. Wigan is included as part of Greater Manchester, old Lancashire .. and I was using 'merseryland' with a bit of poetic licence
    Knockout blow by Lincs!
  • Who gives a monkeys where it is. As long as it's not in London SE7 and Robinson goes there, I'm happy.