Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    CHG said:

No issues, that was my thinking, if I was working under those two I would probably be sniffing glue, not drinking a nice glass of red.

Main lining heroin more like : - )
  • Options
    Probably on expenses too...
  • Options
    CHG said:

Here you go...I can take these down if there is an issue.

They're taken on private property without the subject's permission.
    If I'd taken them for ITN Ofcom could theoretically get involved on the grounds of invasion of privacy, were a complaint received, either from the hotel or from KR.

He's not breaking any law here, so there's no 'public interest' defense. And 'public interest' does NOT mean that it's ok if the public are interested.

I'd take them down ASAP.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

CHG said:

Here you go...I can take these down if there is an issue.

They're taken on private property without the subject's permission.
    If I'd taken them for ITN Ofcom could theoretically get involved on the grounds of invasion of privacy, were a complaint received, either from the hotel or from KR.

He's not breaking any law here, so there's no 'public interest' defense. And 'public interest' does NOT mean that it's ok if the public are interested.

I'd take them down ASAP.
    Cheers, gone!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cambridge said:

@Henry Irving I ask questions as that is what I believe in doing to get to the truth.
    My belief - you haven't got a clue what you want. You want RD out, but I'm afraid that isn't an end goal as we need someone to own the club.
    Questions and questioning leads to answers, not just blindly protesting. No, I don't think you know what you're protesting for - the real goal, not the RD out part.
    Have a read of Plato's Republic - you may understand a little more...

I think the problem is that a group of people backed the club to lose. And yet we have lost one game in the last eight.

The latest article in the Telegraph states that "having managed just one league club, Robinson is ill equipped to understand what he is taking on at the Valley" within the opening paragraphs.

The author is Rick Everitt who has managed no league clubs and is seeking to make a name for himself pissing all over CAFC in the national media.

So just like when G21 was launched before Riga had lost a game back in March 2014, Robinson is now condemned before he has even taken his place in the dug-out.

The problem is that some peoples simplistic analysis stated that RD funds a paper thin squad which is ill equipped to compete. Two games after Slade has gone is perhaps too soon to draw conclusions but the fact is that we went in 2-0 up at half time in both games.

We are making around 13 chances per game but the difference is that they are of a better quality. More on target, more goals.

As posters like @seth plum have stated perhaps we might just support the club and worry about the Board's approach to the Championship whenever we get back.

As for people going to the national media pissing all over the club? Well as @LeedsbasedTownfan states from his perspective, protests on Wembley way will look pretty f##king stupid.

We have no idea how the next five weeks will go, how the double header vs Millwall will end nor what the squad will look like on January 31st 2017.

But some have allowed their pessimism about the future and their feelings of angst override rational analysis of our current prospects and future outcomes.

This has allowed a post-truth narrative to be published unchallenged in local and national media.

For sure I could have popped up on here to challenge it but not my job and I have no interest in engaging with the type of person who is unable to grasp simple facts.

Post truthers simply don't like rational analysis. They just repeat their feelings as if they are fact. We saw it with the Brexit referendum and we saw it with the Trump Presidential election.

And now we see it with our club where so called "analysis" focusses on the interest bill whilst dismissing the millions spent on capex, paying off bank debt and paying for the current team.

Yes, the likes of Bauer, Pearce, Ajose, Holmes and Magennis all cost fees. And they are starting to look like a side that can make the play-offs.

It is the job of the club, not me to deliver a competitive side and a compelling narrative. The fact that the owner is pumping in £1M a month to fund losses, capex and player acquisition and the fact that we have relied on just 15/16 players all season suggests to many we have turned a corner.

I was there at Gillingham and we all watched the Swindon game on Sky so we all know how poor we have been. But we've also been at all the home games.

So sure, people can protest, do their worstest but wtf are they moaning about if we keep climbing the table?

Ah yes, Koc, Nego and Reza.

Move on lads, move on.

haha
    Post truth narrative indeed ! I agree, but it's coming from you Seriously Red.
  • Options

Cambridge said:

@Henry Irving I ask questions as that is what I believe in doing to get to the truth.
    My belief - you haven't got a clue what you want. You want RD out, but I'm afraid that isn't an end goal as we need someone to own the club.
    Questions and questioning leads to answers, not just blindly protesting. No, I don't think you know what you're protesting for - the real goal, not the RD out part.

I think the problem is that a group of people backed the club to lose. And yet we have lost one game in the last eight.

The latest article in the Telegraph states that "having managed just one league club, Robinson is ill equipped to understand what he is taking on at the Valley" within the opening paragraphs.

The author is Rick Everitt who has managed no league clubs and is seeking to make a name for himself pissing all over CAFC in the national media.

So just like when G21 was launched before Riga had lost a game back in March 2014, Robinson is now condemned before he has even taken his place in the dug-out.

The problem is that some peoples simplistic analysis stated that RD funds a paper thin squad which is ill equipped to compete. Two games after Slade has gone is perhaps too soon to draw conclusions but the fact is that we went in 2-0 up at half time in both games.

We are making around 13 chances per game but the difference is that they are of a better quality. More on target, more goals.

As posters like @seth plum have stated perhaps we might just support the club and worry about the Board's approach to the Championship whenever we get back.

As for people going to the national media pissing all over the club? Well as @LeedsbasedTownfan states from his perspective, protests on Wembley way will look pretty f##king stupid.

We have no idea how the next five weeks will go, how the double header vs Millwall will end nor what the squad will look like on January 31st 2017.

But some have allowed their pessimism about the future and their feelings of angst override rational analysis of our current prospects and future outcomes.

This has allowed a post-truth narrative to be published unchallenged in local and national media.

For sure I could have popped up on here to challenge it but not my job and I have no interest in engaging with the type of person who is unable to grasp simple facts.

Post truthers simply don't like rational analysis. They just repeat their feelings as if they are fact. We saw it with the Brexit referendum and we saw it with the Trump Presidential election.

And now we see it with our club where so called "analysis" focusses on the interest bill whilst dismissing the millions spent on capex, paying off bank debt and paying for the current team.

Yes, the likes of Bauer, Pearce, Ajose, Holmes and Magennis all cost fees. And they are starting to look like a side that can make the play-offs.

It is the job of the club, not me to deliver a competitive side and a compelling narrative. The fact that the owner is pumping in £1M a month to fund losses, capex and player acquisition and the fact that we have relied on just 15/16 players all season suggests to many we have turned a corner.

I was there at Gillingham and we all watched the Swindon game on Sky so we all know how poor we have been. But we've also been at all the home games.

So sure, people can protest, do their worstest but wtf are they moaning about if we keep climbing the table?

Move on lads, move on.

haha
    Post truth narrative indeed ! I agree, but it's coming from you Seriously Red.
    Post - flip flop narrative
  • Options

CHG said:

Friend of mine staying at the Hilton in Greenwich, sent me some pictures of Karl knocking back 3 large glasses of red, a lot of answers in a bottom of a glass of red....

.........but not really bothered if he has a bottle of red while living away from his family in a hotel.
    Interesting that he's not moved his family down and just living out of a suitcase in a Hotel......... it's as if he doesn't believe in longevity as Charlton Manager, can't understand why that would be?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

CHG said:

Friend of mine staying at the Hilton in Greenwich, sent me some pictures of Karl knocking back 3 large glasses of red, a lot of answers in a bottom of a glass of red....

.........but not really bothered if he has a bottle of red while living away from his family in a hotel.
    Interesting that he's not moved his family down and just living out of a suitcase in a Hotel......... it's as if he doesn't believe in longevity as Charlton Manager, can't understand why that would be?
    To be fair lots of managers and players to the same. He has what must be school age children so may not want to disrupt their lives.
  • Options
    You have to laugh really.

Talk of "facts" and "rational analysis".

The only rational analysis is that since the regime took over it has been failure to failure, lurching from disaster to another. To expect anything else is ridiculous.

Just keep "climbing the table" eh?
  • Options
    You've seen me Robinson after a match, but imagine how much shite he talks when he's plastered.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Cambridge said:

Move on lads, move on.

haha
    "I have no interest in engaging with the type of person who is unable to grasp simple facts"

The best line ever from SeriouslyClueless.

He will still give the Belgians more chances when we are in division 4 playing in front of 5,000 and no longer at The Valley.
    "Let's wait until the [insert next transfer window here] transfer window and see where we are"
    He's used that line once or twice.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

CHG said:

To be fair lots of managers and players to the same. He has what must be school age children so may not want to disrupt their lives.
    True, but Milton Keynes is probably only 90 minutes by car.
  • Options
    Does he actually live in the Hilton or just stay there on a Friday before a Saturday home game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

CHG said:

Assuming he lives near MK rather than further north
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

CHG said:

Assuming he lives near MK rather than further north
    Somebody posted on here they had done work on his property in Bletchley.
  • Options

Cambridge said:

Move on lads, move on.

haha
    He will still give the Belgians more chances when we are in division 4 playing in front of 5,000 and no longer at The Valley.
    Meanwhile, in Division 3 we are already playing in front of 5,000.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Looks like Karl won't see out the end of his contract. Heard he is off to Wigan.

Yeah bye.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Looks like Karl won't see out the end of his contract. Heard he is off to Wigan.

I'll give him a bit of credit if behind the chat he can see what a shower this lot are and he's walking out.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

End of season?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    What's the story behind this ?

Been told he's not going to be retained by new owners ?