Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options

It ends when Duchatelet and Meire are gone.

Fair does!, I will continue to watch your fortunes from afar and this thread may become interesting further down the line me thinks.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

If you had been promoted to the Premier League under Chris Powell, would you have still wanted him sacked?

Absolutely not!, I didn't though embark on a campaign of hate against him or throw plastic toys on the pitch after watching the latest shit he served up on the pitch.
    Because after a year he was sacked.

3 years later, Meire and Duchatelet are still here.
    This is a very valid point, a point accepted.

I would have been in a very dark place had Powell continued in his role at our Club. Now, I am starting to understand your pain a bit better.

I revert back to my initial point and fingers crossed the arrival of Robinson will herald better fortune for you. He needs though to be given a chance by the Owner and fans alike.

Disrupting his first match in charge is quite frankly incredulous.
    his first match in charge is Saturday week against MKD's, he doesn't take charge until Monday. You really should check your facts before spouting off.
  • Options

Cambridge said:

@Henry Irving I ask questions as that is what I believe in doing to get to the truth.
    My belief - you haven't got a clue what you want. You want RD out, but I'm afraid that isn't an end goal as we need someone to own the club.
    Questions and questioning leads to answers, not just blindly protesting. No, I don't think you know what you're protesting for - the real goal, not the RD out part.
    Have a read of Plato's Republic - you may understand a little more...

I think the problem is that a group of people backed the club to lose. And yet we have lost one game in the last eight.

The latest article in the Telegraph states that "having managed just one league club, Robinson is ill equipped to understand what he is taking on at the Valley" within the opening paragraphs.

The author is Rick Everitt who has managed no league clubs and is seeking to make a name for himself pissing all over CAFC in the national media.

So just like when G21 was launched before Riga had lost a game back in March 2014, Robinson is now condemned before he has even taken his place in the dug-out.

The problem is that some peoples simplistic analysis stated that RD funds a paper thin squad which is ill equipped to compete. Two games after Slade has gone is perhaps too soon to draw conclusions but the fact is that we went in 2-0 up at half time in both games.

We are making around 13 chances per game but the difference is that they are of a better quality. More on target, more goals.

As posters like @seth plum have stated perhaps we might just support the club and worry about the Board's approach to the Championship whenever we get back.

As for people going to the national media pissing all over the club? Well as @LeedsbasedTownfan states from his perspective, protests on Wembley way will look pretty f##king stupid.

We have no idea how the next five weeks will go, how the double header vs Millwall will end nor what the squad will look like on January 31st 2017.

But some have allowed their pessimism about the future and their feelings of angst override rational analysis of our current prospects and future outcomes.

This has allowed a post-truth narrative to be published unchallenged in local and national media.

For sure I could have popped up on here to challenge it but not my job and I have no interest in engaging with the type of person who is unable to grasp simple facts.

Post truthers simply don't like rational analysis. They just repeat their feelings as if they are fact. We saw it with the Brexit referendum and we saw it with the Trump Presidential election.

And now we see it with our club where so called "analysis" focusses on the interest bill whilst dismissing the millions spent on capex, paying off bank debt and paying for the current team.

Yes, the likes of Bauer, Pearce, Ajose, Holmes and Magennis all cost fees. And they are starting to look like a side that can make the play-offs.

It is the job of the club, not me to deliver a competitive side and a compelling narrative. The fact that the owner is pumping in £1M a month to fund losses, capex and player acquisition and the fact that we have relied on just 15/16 players all season suggests to many we have turned a corner.

I was there at Gillingham and we all watched the Swindon game on Sky so we all know how poor we have been. But we've also been at all the home games.

So sure, people can protest, do their worstest but wtf are they moaning about if we keep climbing the table?

Ah yes, Koc, Nego and Reza.

Move on lads, move on.
    Actually I said the football side of the club, rather than the whole shebang.

• Options
    Can't believe some of the points your coming up with @Essex_Al , you just have to look at the reaction to the trip to Belgium and taxi on here, twitter, the mainstream media and that flaming Facebook page to realise that support for CARD is really, really not declining.

I'm positive about the Robinson appointment and if he gets us playing well I'll do more away games then I already do. We all, that I know of, still want Charlton to win but to suggest that the Robinson appointment has suddenly changed everything is ridiculous.

Where is this evidence of CARD losing support?
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

@Henry Irving I ask questions as that is what I believe in doing to get to the truth.
    My belief - you haven't got a clue what you want. You want RD out, but I'm afraid that isn't an end goal as we need someone to own the club.
    Questions and questioning leads to answers, not just blindly protesting. No, I don't think you know what you're protesting for - the real goal, not the RD out part.

@cambridge, yes I have.

More importantly have you read my post where I stated what I wanted after Roland has gone? Clearly not.

Or maybe you are just ignoring any evidence that doesn't fit with your view of the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lol at the flip flopper whose flipped again
  • Options
    Good news! Someone has offered me a ticket for tomorrow so more support for Kevin Nugent's black and white army
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

If you had been promoted to the Premier League under Chris Powell, would you have still wanted him sacked?

Absolutely not!, I didn't though embark on a campaign of hate against him or throw plastic toys on the pitch after watching the latest shit he served up on the pitch.

I agree it does demonstrate an unwillingness to believe or accept.

If you mean "incredible" - no it isn't.
  • Options

Good news! Someone has offered me a ticket for tomorrow so more support for Kevin Nugent's black and white army

No surprise there then!
  • Options
    Spot on @Covered End
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

T.C.E said:

Essex_Al said:

Good appointment for you this and a decent Man, I wish him well!.

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

Even a fucking Leeds fan can see it!

And to think some of you got upset because I called you blinkered!
    Psst......... I think he's a Huddersfield fan ;)
    Doh!

Ha,ha, even an effin Huddersfield fan can see it then!
    Except he can't
    Well it is that time of the year!

'Oh yes he can'!
    As @WestCountryAddick has already pulled his ill informed argument apart I can only repeat, no he can't.

As for you you are saying just what you said when Slade came, new start, stop the protests, back the team, all be OK. that went well.
    I also said that I wasn't particularly in favour of signing Slade, but that didn't stop me supporting him and the team to do well. There were signs that things were changing under him especially with our performance against Scunthorpe, but unfortunately for him the awful performance at Swindon and the league position at the time saw him sacked. There's no denying that Slade came in and gave the club stability that can be built on.

Is there? Where is the stability if he's just been sacked?

We now have appointed an up and coming young English manager who seems to be a positive amongst the opinion of the fans.

Just as Slade was seen as a positive. Same old, same old

So, once again he will have my support as I only want the team to do well, Good, so do I. That's why I'm protesting as we have more chance of the team doing well with better owners and SMT

but don't let that get in the way of you and your CARD mates protesting and spoiling an important game for the club on Saturday.
    Only you don't know what the protests are (neither do I as I'm not part of CARD) so you have no idea if they will "spoil" an important game. Didn't spoil the Coventry game (only other protest game for 4 months as we had our biggest win and best atmosphere of the season

You may not think so, but there are a lot of fans that are now sick and tired of these protests, How many are there? Done a survey and even if there are some does that mean those who want to protest should stop? certainly a lot more than six months ago, you are gradually losing your support. Again wishful thinking from you. £50k donated to protest fund, 1000 protest shirts sold, thousands on the March v Coventry, continued anti-Roland chanting at games, 3,000 pigs on the pitch. And your evidence is what? A few losers on other losers sites claiming support is down?

£44,000 spent and he is still here and not looking likely to go either, still enjoy pushing on to £50,000, at least the novelty toy manufacturers are making a profit!
    How to you know he's not looking to go? Have you asked him? Because Meire said so? She also backed Slade and then sacked him so I wouldn't believe her too much. I've always said it might take seasons to get rid of him but that's OK for you as no matter how far we drop or how many managers they sack you will sing the same tune. "it's OK, it's going to get better, don't bother me with facts or reality, I decided the protests are bad and won't ever change my mind regardless of how bad it gets"

How very bold of you!

Dissect every part of my post to make yourself look important, pretty much the same as every statement that comes out of the club, spun to your advantage.

So, fans that do not support you are now losers, sums you and CARD up really!

Open your eyes to your dwindling support, fans are turning, look at the facebook page survey from yesterday with regards to protesting this Saturday only 50/50 now, even Louis mentioned it on his show last night!

No comment on the last paragraph I see with the fortune that has been wasted, you haven't got a secret toy factory somewhere have you? Oh, and I don't know whether he will go or not and neither do you, but £50,000 later and he's still here, what's the next call £100,000!

You carry on poncing your freebies to matches so you can gloat to your pals how your not putting any money in Roland's pocket, you're still there though!
    like at the valley, you mean?
  • Options

Cambridge said:

I think the problem is that a group of people backed the club to lose. And yet we have lost one game in the last eight.

The latest article in the Telegraph states that "having managed just one league club, Robinson is ill equipped to understand what he is taking on at the Valley" within the opening paragraphs.

The author is Rick Everitt who has managed no league clubs and is seeking to make a name for himself pissing all over CAFC in the national media.

So just like when G21 was launched before Riga had lost a game back in March 2014, Robinson is now condemned before he has even taken his place in the dug-out.

The problem is that some peoples simplistic analysis stated that RD funds a paper thin squad which is ill equipped to compete. Two games after Slade has gone is perhaps too soon to draw conclusions but the fact is that we went in 2-0 up at half time in both games.

We are making around 13 chances per game but the difference is that they are of a better quality. More on target, more goals.

As posters like @seth plum have stated perhaps we might just support the club and worry about the Board's approach to the Championship whenever we get back.

As for people going to the national media pissing all over the club? Well as @LeedsbasedTownfan states from his perspective, protests on Wembley way will look pretty f##king stupid.

We have no idea how the next five weeks will go, how the double header vs Millwall will end nor what the squad will look like on January 31st 2017.

But some have allowed their pessimism about the future and their feelings of angst override rational analysis of our current prospects and future outcomes.

This has allowed a post-truth narrative to be published unchallenged in local and national media.

For sure I could have popped up on here to challenge it but not my job and I have no interest in engaging with the type of person who is unable to grasp simple facts.

Post truthers simply don't like rational analysis. They just repeat their feelings as if they are fact. We saw it with the Brexit referendum and we saw it with the Trump Presidential election.

And now we see it with our club where so called "analysis" focusses on the interest bill whilst dismissing the millions spent on capex, paying off bank debt and paying for the current team.

Yes, the likes of Bauer, Pearce, Ajose, Holmes and Magennis all cost fees. And they are starting to look like a side that can make the play-offs.

It is the job of the club, not me to deliver a competitive side and a compelling narrative. The fact that the owner is pumping in £1M a month to fund losses, capex and player acquisition and the fact that we have relied on just 15/16 players all season suggests to many we have turned a corner.

I was there at Gillingham and we all watched the Swindon game on Sky so we all know how poor we have been. But we've also been at all the home games.

So sure, people can protest, do their worstest but wtf are they moaning about if we keep climbing the table?

Move on lads, move on.
    sounds like katrien
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Cambridge said:

Move on lads, move on.
    You appear to have flip flopped again. Last time you were posting on here, you had changed your pro regime stance to an anti regime stance. What has caused you to now be pro regime again ?

Also, your "post truth" nonsense is amazing. If we're talking rational analysis then the anti RD side will win hands down.

Personally, I want to give Robinson the best opportunity to succeed and unlike some, do believe the regime have made concessions by trying to bring in the type of manager and players that we want.

However, I find it impossible to forgive an abuser and KM has abused the fans of this club on far too many occasions and RD clearly doesn't have the first idea of what he's done wrong, probably because he has not the time or interest to care.

Because he posts elsewhere who are pro regime, still time for Someone else to change his mind another couple of times.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    dickplumb said:

Cambridge said:

Move on lads, move on.
    You appear to have flip flopped again. Last time you were posting on here, you had changed your pro regime stance to an anti regime stance. What has caused you to now be pro regime again ?

Also, your "post truth" nonsense is amazing. If we're talking rational analysis then the anti RD side will win hands down.

Personally, I want to give Robinson the best opportunity to succeed and unlike some, do believe the regime have made concessions by trying to bring in the type of manager and players that we want.

However, I find it impossible to forgive an abuser and KM has abused the fans of this club on far too many occasions and RD clearly doesn't have the first idea of what he's done wrong, probably because he has not the time or interest to care.

Because he posts elsewhere who are pro regime, still time for Someone else to change his mind another couple of times.
    Yes, I know that thanks dick. I was wondering if there were any specific reasons other than that.

There must be at least a hundred if he's accusing us of being "post truthers" , as we could list a hundred reasons, if we could be bothered.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

dickplumb said:

Cambridge said:

Move on lads, move on.

Because he posts on ITTV who are pro regime, still time for Reams to change his mind another couple of times.
    Yes, I know that thanks dick. I was wondering if there were any specific reasons other than that.

There must be at least a hundred if he's accusing us of being "post truthers" , as we could list a hundred reasons, if we could be bothered.
    Whichever gang hes trying to make friends with, he agrees with. Once it was Bradshaw, then the trust and now it's someone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He may not be the brightest button in the box if he can't grasp that having an owner who has no ambition to do anything but have a club in the championship so he can farm players to the premiership is as bad as it gets and is just plain wrong.
  • Options
    So many fans (outside observers) are missing the point.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He may not be the brightest button in the box if he can't grasp that having an owner who has no ambition to do anything but have a club in the championship so he can farm players to the premiership is as bad as it gets and is just plain wrong.

Being in the second tier, selling out best players to 1st Division clubs sums up the majority of my time following Charlton!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    CH4RLTON said:

Good look Karl , 100% Support

No ones getting my support til the Belgians f off. Just another puppet, I'll give him until...........march.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

This is a very valid point, a point accepted.

I would have been in a very dark place had Powell continued in his role at our Club. Now, I am starting to understand your pain a bit better.

I revert back to my initial point and fingers crossed the arrival of Robinson will herald better fortune for you. He needs though to be given a chance by the Owner and fans alike.

his first match in charge is Saturday week against MKD's, he doesn't take charge until Monday. You really should check your facts before spouting off.
    Fair enough, I take it that there will be no more protests then when Robinson is in the dugout on that basis.

Charlton Athletic, one win off a Play-off place, spent more than most other league 1 Clubs in the summer (and will do again in January), I believe the owner is covering a funding shortfall every month and you have just appointed a young ambitious, respected Manager in Karl Robinson.

As I posted earlier, your Managerial appointment policy has been a joke. The communication that has or hasn't taken place between Club and fans I accept has only fuelled the discontent. The Club has not been run well overall, I get that.

But the level of hatred and blinkered, relentless protesting is disproportionate. Some fans, not all will not be able to credibly justify when challenged what they are protesting about other than the stock 'RD and Meire out'.

Whilst other fans around the Country had sympathy for a while with your 'plight', it is now becoming ever more difficult to substantiate and justify.

Especially when you win matches, climb the table and continue to sign better Players than other Clubs in league 1 can afford to do.

It will be interesting to see how this protest pans out if you end up getting promoted. I suspect that not wanting to lose face will mean the hardcore element will bang on regardless, whilst the majority of Charlton fans will instead be enjoying their football on a Saturday afternoon with no interest in protesting whatsoever.

• Options

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

Just not to protest because it's his first game, would give the club the idea to have a new manager every week.