Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Nug said:

LouisMend said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan

If you had been promoted to the Premier League under Chris Powell, would you have still wanted him sacked?

Absolutely not!, I didn't though embark on a campaign of hate against him or throw plastic toys on the pitch after watching the latest shit he served up on the pitch.
    Because after a year he was sacked.

3 years later, Meire and Duchatelet are still here.
    This is a very valid point, a point accepted.

I would have been in a very dark place had Powell continued in his role at our Club. Now, I am starting to understand your pain a bit better.

I revert back to my initial point and fingers crossed the arrival of Robinson will herald better fortune for you. He needs though to be given a chance by the Owner and fans alike.

Disrupting his first match in charge is quite frankly incredulous.
    his first match in charge is Saturday week against MKD's, he doesn't take charge until Monday. You really should check your facts before spouting off.
    Fair enough, I take it that there will be no more protests then when Robinson is in the dugout on that basis.

Charlton Athletic, one win off a Play-off place, spent more than most other league 1 Clubs in the summer (and will do again in January), I believe the owner is covering a funding shortfall every month and you have just appointed a young ambitious, respected Manager in Karl Robinson.

As I posted earlier, your Managerial appointment policy has been a joke. The communication that has or hasn't taken place between Club and fans I accept has only fuelled the discontent. The Club has not been run well overall, I get that.

But the level of hatred and blinkered, relentless protesting is disproportionate. Some fans, not all will not be able to credibly justify when challenged what they are protesting about other than the stock 'RD and Meire out'.

Whilst other fans around the Country had sympathy for a while with your 'plight', it is now becoming ever more difficult to substantiate and justify.

Especially when you win matches, climb the table and continue to sign better Players than other Clubs in league 1 can afford to do.

It will be interesting to see how this protest pans out if you end up getting promoted. I suspect that not wanting to lose face will mean the hardcore element will bang on regardless, whilst the majority of Charlton fans will instead be enjoying their football on a Saturday afternoon with no interest in protesting whatsoever.

There are s lot of ifs and when's in your post. And it's a bit patronising to be fair. So you speak for "fans" around the country do you? What about the football world at large? I'd suggest that most people within football and the media are generally supportive of our lawful and good natured protests and can see the awful way the club is being run and destroyed. 6-7,000 fans and falling is simply disgraceful for Charlton.

I think it is the owners who need to give Robinson a chance to do his job not the fans.
    It's the plight and cause bit that I just don't get in terms of the level of protestation, there is a mismatch.

I would also like to challenge one of the ex Charlton players or managers when on TV for example they say "what's going on at that Club is terrible".If they were asked to elaborate, they wouldn't have the slightest clue what to say to substantaite their sound bite.

Your protests are lawful, agreed. What has been posted on here about Meire, somebodies Daughter, somebodies Grandaughter, possibly Sister is though absolutely disgusting and does not cover your fan base in glory.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Champs85 said:

Cant believe the pathetic arguments on here. It's like being in amongst a group of school girls. For what it's worth I think Robinson is a good appointment and he gets my support. Even if the regime is shit it shouldn't affect anyone's support for the team. Especially on Match days

Can't believe the whining on here. It's like being amongst the 3 wise monkeys.
    The original image was of four wise monkeys, see know evil, hear no evil and speak no evil of course which is the one everybody knows but there is a 4th, now popularly shown with his hands between his legs and entitled 'do no evil' but I believe (don't take this as gospel until you or I verify it) the ancient Chinese temple original was of him with his hand on his heart and entitled 'know no evil/have no evil in your heart'. Does anybody on CL know for sure ?
  • Options
    What is this rise up the table that is supposed to make me get behind the club a bit more now? 15th to 11th in League One behind AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood Town and Southend? Lower than where Phil Parkinson was with Pawel Abbott as a big signing.
  • Options
    It is probably true that, if the club was successful in footballing terms (even unto the Premier League), people would not protest.

However, those things about which we are protesting are the reasons why the club, under the current regime (as it has demonstrated itself to be), will not be successful in footballing terms.

I don't really "need" our owner to be a fan of our club (though it would be nice), but I absolutely need any owner to understand what football is about and to want football success. Achieving it is not essential, but trying makes a bloody big difference.

We may, historically, be mainly a second tier team, selling on players to those above us, but only with this regime has this actually been the ambition. The network model can work, provided that it is structured to make it enhance the prospects of each club, but our involvement is in a network run in many ways by Arthur Daley. At each club in which Duchatelet has been involved, it seems to me, the priority is not the team but the placing of players in the shop window in the hopes of maximising profits from their sales.

If Duchatelet changes his approach, things could improve, however...

The regime, like a leopard, has not shown itself, to date, to be capable of changing it's spots (indeed, with evolution, it seems that the leopard could adapt more quickly).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ...bloody hell how did that post get so long!

Grapevinesque:-)
  • Options
    brilliantly put Bournemouth !
  • Options

As you can tell from the length of my post I really struggle to put succinctly just what an absolute mess from top to bottom of our club they have made. :-(

I've given up correcting most people like LBTF in real life that its not about a few results as they start to glaze over after the first 10 minutes.
  • Options
    She came up trumps with the freebie ticket this timr, cheers Katie

• Options
    Get your mobiles out.
  • Options

As you can tell from the length of my post I really struggle to put succinctly just what an absolute mess from top to bottom of our club they have made. :-(

I've given up correcting most people like LBTF in real life that its not about a few results as they start to glaze over after the first 10 minutes.
    I'm taking that post on holiday with me hopefully I'll get through it in seven days.

Seriously, great post
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Scoham said:
    Sounds like it so where does that leave COL? If he's on the payroll already he's got to turn up for work somewhere in the network I suppose.

Be interesting to be a fly on the wall at the training ground to see how much involvement he has with the players and coaching staff or is it just a watching spying brief :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Scoham said:
    Sounds like it so where does that leave COL? If he's on the payroll already he's got to turn up for work somewhere in the network I suppose.

Be interesting to be a fly on the wall at the training ground to see how much involvement he has with the players and coaching staff or is it just a watching spying brief :open_mouth: .
    You never know, he might have got the message.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd give your post 100 likes if I could Bournemouth. It's an excellent summary.

• Options
    Superb post from Bournemouth, that should be made a sticky at the top of this site or printed on a leaflet and given to every single one of the fans who somehow still back the SMT.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I'd give your post 100 likes if I could Bournemouth. It's an excellent summary.

Cheers B, you should have seen the long version! ☺
  • Options

Superb post from Bournemouth, that should be made a sticky at the top of this site or printed on a leaflet and given to every single one of the fans who somehow still back the SMT.

Cheers but I think that if people can't see the absolute mess up of running the club they've made by now they never will.
  • Options
    Another new addition to the coaching staff. Ritchie will initially be assisting Karl Robinson but will also no doubt have half an eye on securing a position on Chris O'Loughlin's coaching team for the March '17 to October '17 shift.

http://www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk/sport/football/ex-stags-star-barker-expected-to-join-charlton-1-8262429?
  • Options
    Friend of mine staying at the Hilton in Greenwich, sent me some pictures of Karl knocking back 3 large glasses of red, a lot of answers in a bottom of a glass of red....
  • Options
    CHG said:

Friend of mine staying at the Hilton in Greenwich, sent me some pictures of Karl knocking back 3 large glasses of red, a lot of answers in a bottom of a glass of red....

Don't just tell us. Show us. No ones going to get in trouble ha
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2017
    Nothing to see here