Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    The Monday thing is interesting. He's been at our last two games, by all accounts basically agreed to be manager 2 days ago and could have a minimum 2 days with the players.

Are they scared of him getting off to a losing start against inform Sheff U?
  • Options

I didn't agree with the sacking of Slade but it is possible that as soon as Robinson became available RD and/or KM became interested in swapping the managers over.

In my view Robinson has much more potential. He is not only younger but he has already, at 36, achieved more than Slade has. Not withstanding achievements with Orient, MK Dons have done more under Robinson (relative to where we want to be) than any of the sides Slade has managed.

I guess the difference is that I suspect that with Slade we were almost certainly not going to set the division alight but were also not going to go on long runs unbeaten. With Robinson either are possible.

I'm relatively pleased with the appointment but with the incumbents we've had in the past the bar wasn't, exactly, set very high was it?

In the end it doesn't matter, we will either be a Championship club by the end of May or we'll have another new manager.

You seriously think that Roland Duchatelet - Mr 1.5 percent - had ever heard of Karl Robinson before Slade was sacked, never mind became interested in recruiting him?
    Even this incompetent lot must have looked up all the managers that had won promotion from the 3rd division in the last couple of seasons when Riga left.

If there was any kind of list last summer Robinson must have been on it surely?

Also I'm sure that agents 'tap up' clubs in the same way that they do with players.

Nothing surprises me with this lot now but it just occurred to me that maybe Robinsons sacking might have alerted them to him as a replacement for Slade.

I know this shouldn't surprise me but the Slade sacking didn't really make much sense, particularly after the run before the Swindon game.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

cafcfan said:

So, a new manager.

For this one, the club couldn't even be arsed to find the bloke who knows how to work the camera and get one of scarfy's old mates out of the museum for the traditional photo for the web site?

Doesn't bode well does it?

It said Robinson would be starting the job on Monday so I'd expect a scarfy then!
    Starting Monday.......straight into the lazy Daisy camp then.
  • Options

We will need Robinson's ability to attract good youngsters on loan after Roly sells Lookman in January, so hope he lasts until then.
  • Options
    If we had appointed him in the summer I think most fans would have been very happy, far more than slade. It would have signaled some intent and weakened a potential rival.

Now it's just another out of work manager who was sacked by his previous club.

Funny how things change in 6months.
  • Options
    Don't think he was actually sacked, Winkelman on Talkshite a few weeks back said they had a sit down and both decided he had taken them far enough etc and that he had done a great job and they still were great friends, so think it was more a mutual consent thing than a ceremonial Slade type sacking, same result, no longer in the job, but different set of circumstances.
  • Options

The Monday thing is interesting. He's been at our last two games, by all accounts basically agreed to be manager 2 days ago and could have a minimum 2 days with the players.

Are they scared of him getting off to a losing start against inform Sheff U?

Ironic that we're playing the side Chris Wilder turn us down for this weekend, and then Robinson's old side the following week in the cup.

I personally can't stand Robinson, but I would've taken him over Slade any day at the start of the season. Hope he does well though, but he'll never really succeed with the constraints and interference from the regime. Besides they'll sack him in the summer regardless, its what they do, and why they need to go.
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

Aside from the "it'll never happen so I refuse to comment" people - what do CARD do if, yes IF, this appointment starts the ball of promotion to the Champs. Then we invest in the Champs and get to play-offs or promotion to the Prem.?
    I have said for some time I want RD out, but would accept it if he did change. I watched Ashley at The Toon and he has changed. He has invested in the squad, hired a good manager and taken his influence out of the club. IF RD did the same,would we really cut off noses to spite the face?
    As said - those who refuse to acknowledge the potential don't bother with the inevitable rubbish.
    I'm interested in those who will stick neck out as to what they would do in such a circumstance.

Oh Roly you are the love of my life

Oh Roly ill let u shag any age inappropriate girls i know

Oh Roly I want ducktape too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cambridge said:

Aside from the "it'll never happen so I refuse to comment" people - what do CARD do if, yes IF, this appointment starts the ball of promotion to the Champs. Then we invest in the Champs and get to play-offs or promotion to the Prem.?
    I have said for some time I want RD out, but would accept it if he did change. I watched Ashley at The Toon and he has changed. He has invested in the squad, hired a good manager and taken his influence out of the club. IF RD did the same,would we really cut off noses to spite the face?
    As said - those who refuse to acknowledge the potential don't bother with the inevitable rubbish.
    I'm interested in those who will stick neck out as to what they would do in such a circumstance.

If we got promoted this season and RD decided to sack Katrien and replace her with someone who actually knew about football to run the club then i think that'd probably persuade a few to change their minds.

But whilst we still have Katrien in charge and the likes of Driesen and COL around the club, then things will never ultimately change. If we go anywhere it'll be in spite of them, not because of.
  • Options
    Good luck to Karl, let's just hope he's given some time to get things done, although given recent events I have my doubts.
  • Options

If we had appointed him in the summer I think most fans would have been very happy, far more than slade. It would have signaled some intent and weakened a potential rival.

Now it's just another out of work manager who was sacked by his previous club.

Funny how things change in 6months.

But that's the exact difference. They wouldn't have paid the compensation required to MK Dons.
  • Options
    Welcome to the mad house Karl

I genuinely think this one will last the rest of the season
  • Options

“I like my teams to play attractive football. The regime like house music and sofa's ....Ying & yang.

Genius!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Karl Robinson here to Manager the team! Or will Chris O'Loughlin run the show and tell Karl who to play?
  • Options

Good appointment for you this and a decent Man, I wish him well!.

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

I believe that that is CACT, which is not the club, no matter how often our fragrant and lovely CEO attempts to claoim the credit for their achievements.

Unless randomly handing out comps in a desperate attempt to neuter protests by filling the ground with children (and they can't even manage that properly) is good work in the community.

Actually, there's a part of me (part time conspiracy theorist that I am) that thinks that Slade was always likely to get sacked in the run up to this weekend, unless we were in a promotion/playoff position; I can just picture them thinking that putting a new manager in place just before the first CARD protest game would be a good way of taking the wind out of the protests' sails. It's only the regime's obvious incompetence that offers me any reassurance....
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Re the protests though, I can just see it now, it's the play-off final at Wembley and Charlton are involved (which there is every chance if you get behind Robinson)

The Charlton fans have spent the build-up to the match (not all, granted) by concentrating on hatred, campaigns and general negativity in the build-up. Followed by plastic whatevers being thrown on the Wembley pitch. Instead of getting behind the promotion push.

From the outside looking in, the last few years have been a joke for you (and not a funny one) in terms of how generally poor quality Managers have been selected / come and gone and there has been a relegation. I believe though that the Club has done some good work in the community, you have spent some decent money in the transfer market (compared to other Clubs in league 1) and will do so I am sure again in January. And now brought in a Manager who until very, very recently was being linked with some big jobs in the Country. Is it all bad news?.

Perhaps now it's time to rethink strategy and how you protest against the targets of your ire?, focus on the part of the glass that is half full and not half empty (it appears that some are enjoying defeats more than wins to fuel agendas). Unlucky for them, the wins will become more so now.

You may think that supporting the Team and Robinson (who you will state are not the targets of your ire) is enough whilst the protests continue against those that are your target.

The reality is, Robinson and the Players are impacted overall by the direct protest actions of supporters and your Team will not achieve as much as a result. And seriously, the new Manager's first match in charge and it is going to be disrupted?, seriously?.

Good luck with the new appointment, great win at Bristol Rovers that you can build-on and I personally still fancy you to get out of this division at the first attempt. Especially now with Robinson appointed who has a track record at League 1 level and how to get a Team out of it.

Karl Robinson will get you promoted, he needs though an environment like he had at MK with everybody pulling in the same direction.

Even a fucking Leeds fan can see it!

And to think some of you got upset because I called you blinkered!
    Psst......... I think he's a Huddersfield fan ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Essex_Al said:

Doh!

Ha,ha, even an effin Huddersfield fan can see it then!
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

T.C.E said:

Essex_Al said:

Doh!

Ha,ha, even an effin Huddersfield fan can see it then!
    Except he can't
    Well it is that time of the year!

'Oh yes he can'!