Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Port Vale - Post Match Views

Comments

• Good first half with a lot more goal threat than in most matches this season. I've no idea why. Second half we were pushed back but Port Vale never really threatened. Would the third goal have been allowed if Ajose hadn't touched it?
  • Jason Pearce ‏@jpearce05 19m19 minutes ago
    Fantastic to get back to winning ways after a tough week. Need to build on that win.

Ademola Lookman ‏@Alookman_ 37m37 minutes ago
    Good win today, happy to take home the 3 points #CAFC
  • 24 Red said:

Good first half with a lot more goal threat than in most matches this season. I've no idea why. Second half we were pushed back but Port Vale never really threatened. Would the third goal have been allowed if Ajose hadn't touched it?

Nah was never going in
  • edited November 2016

Patrick Bauer ‏@patrick5bauer 49m49 minutes ago
    Back to winning ways after a disappointing performance last weekend. Happy about the result today & to get a clean sheet again. #CAFC #COYR

Jason Pearce ‏@jpearce05 33m33 minutes ago
    @patrick5bauer quality today big guy

classic german.

looks like he's made of clay.
  • and 1 more just a minute later-:

That panorama shot is taken from virtually my old ST seat. I don't recognise anyone in it.
  • Should have buried Port Vale in the first half but in the second half we were poor. We can't retain possession and spent most of the second half in our own half - Vale posed little threat but we may struggle against a more inventive team.
    Ajose looked a bit more positive today and maybe his confidence will return.
    Midfield still remains a problem....
  • To those who keep asking why Botaka isn't playing, now you know why.
  • Thought we moved the ball much quicker today and got it forward quicker. This meant that we had more space when we attacked. Went to sleep second half in midfield which we can't afford to do against better teams. Overall pleasing with special mentions for Fox, Ajose and Bauer.
  • Sponsored links:

• (Haven't read the thread yet)

Much more positive today, although I missed the Cup game. Strong defensively to the point where a decent PV side barely tested Rudd, not least because everyone contributed when we lost possession. Most noticeable difference was a clear directive to cross early, in Fox's case from deeper positions without taking on their full back. The quality of the crossing was also a lot better, giving Magennis and Co. a chance to attack them.

Over all everyone just looked up for it and dug in when Vale were on top during the second half. Well done Lookman and Ajose in particular whose workrate has been questioned at times. No idea if it was just a positive bounce back from the Swindon debacle or whether they felt collectively more free to express themselves post Slade but there was a distinct improvement and the centre back pairing gives us a genuine platform to build on.
  • We seemed a bit more open and confident as a team today, I thought the PV defence was very poor though.Botaka came on and tried to dribble past everyone all the time,didnt succeed if my memory serves.Bloody freezing today.
  • At home always feel we should win, but it doesn't always follow, so pleased with 3pts.

That panorama shot is taken from virtually my old ST seat. I don't recognise anyone in it.
    Looks more quarter than a third full ... so no more than 7,000.
  • DRAddick said:

masicat said:

I said to a mate Katrien looks like a witch. She heard and stared at me for 5 minutes. We are in the East.

She turned me into a newt.....I got better.
    If she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood. And therefore......
  • edited November 2016
    Off_it said:

We won?

I feel nothing.

Then it sounds to me as if you need to go and support another club. It might be more fun for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Took a while for us to get going against a toothless Vale side. Magennis did well to get his head onto Fox's cross let alone stretch every bone in his spine to power back the header over the keeper and into the corner of the onion bag. And Fox became provider again picking up a loose Vale pass then take a couple of touches and release Ajose with a perfectly weighted pass. Second half was a bit of an anti climax with Crofts going closest with a dipping shot that beat the keeper but not the bar. Also glad to see someone else taking corners for a change instead of Ade. And that ref! How many tines did Lookman get fouled and not one booking yet Ulvestad pulls back a Vale player and gets a yellow. Overall a good performance but still doesn't gloss over the fact that we are being run by the most incompetent people in football at this time and proven by the owners comments during the week that he does not care about us. Roland and Katrien - Time to go.
  • Came away feeling nothing they are killing our club go and go before Christmas, now that would be the best present I could get this year.

If they think we are in for a sniff at promotion there's no way they would think of selling as the price is bound to go up. Perhaps we need to go on another losing run.
  • Nadou said:

Off_it said:

We won?

I feel nothing.

Then go and support another club.
    Why would I do that?
  • Off_it said:

Nadou said:

Off_it said:

We won?

I feel nothing.

Why would I do that?
    Because the idea of being a supporter is to have fun and to care if your team wins or loses. If you don't care, you might get more pleasure elsewhere. Or do you just enjoy posting that you don't care?
  • First half I thought we played some good stuff. Pleased that Fox got two assists, more of the same please.

2nd half we didn't control the game. Need some options for the centre of midfield.

• Halix said:

Came away feeling nothing they are killing our club go and go before Christmas, now that would be the best present I could get this year.

Perhaps we need to go on another losing run.
    As Slade might have said, you need to be patient.

• Nadou said:

Off_it said:

Nadou said:

Off_it said:

We won?

I feel nothing.

Why would I do that?
    Because the idea of being a supporter is to have fun and to care if your team wins or loses. If you don't care, you might get more pleasure elsewhere. Or do you just enjoy posting that you don't care?
    I think the Belgians have something to do with the apathy of off-it, plus the missing thousands from The Valley. Me included.
  • Delighted we won. If we have any hope of making 6th place we must start putting some form together and win back to back matches.
  • Nadou said:

Off_it said:

Nadou said:

Off_it said:

We won?

I feel nothing.

Why would I do that?
    that memo certainly missed se7 , because fighting to return to the valley &being minuets away from non- existence let alone the shit that's happening now is tonnes of fun!