Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Port Vale - Post Match Views

Comments

• Off_it said:

When was the last time we got under 10k for a league game?

Both Shrewsbury and Oldham if I'm not mistaken.
  • Off_it said:

I meant before this season
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

I meant before this season
    I'd assume when our capacity was 8,337
  • and 1 more just a minute later-:
  • Sponsored links:

• Nearly 9000 my backside, here is a picture taken at 3:15 this afternoon-:

700'ish
  • and 1 more just a minute later-:

2000 Covered End.
  • Nearly 9000 my backside, here is a picture taken at 3:15 this afternoon-:

Proof that the club need to think where they put the school trips etc.

Loads of space in the corners of the East Stand but EVERY time they stick them right behind me!! (Just below the "A" in the East Stand)
  • A decent first half performance, Vale upped their game in the second half but had one of those days. It shows how tight and poor this division is, that before the game Vale were 7th.

Ajose had a very good first half, the liveliest I've seen him, pulling out wide and putting in a couple of dangerous crosses, while his goal was the sort I imagine he scored a lot last season, but hasn't due to lack of service from midfield this season. Indeed it was Fox who put him through today

Two assists for Fox, credit for that, Bauer was very good at the back, while Pearce was slightly more panicky.

Poor atmosphere at the start, virtually no applause as the players came out and the RRR was played. It picked up slightly as the game went on.
  • A deserved win imho.

Two good assists from Fox who exploited the space on the left created by vale doubling up on Lookman.

We sat deep but their attack was powderpuff. Did Rudd make a real save?

Good to see both strikers score.

Only difference from Slade I could see was a genuine front two who stayed up top.

Subs were also earlier although Botaka was anonymous.

A promotion winning team kills the game off on the break late on. We had chances but didn't stretch them enough.

Freebie in the north upper today. Atmosphere dead but maybe 6k there.
  • Oh and I thought the subs today were a bit more positive the ones Slade would have made, I imagine Slade would have tried to shut the game up in the 70th minute
  • Ref was annoying wasn't he? Why can't some refs just let the game flow.

The ref felt the need to intervene whenever two opposition players touched each other - Contact does not always end up in a foul!!
  • Four points off the play offs with a game in hand...

...against Millwall. Away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good first half, 2 nil didn't flatter us.

Poor second half from Charlton mainly caused by Vale pushing up and our midfield disappeared.

Nice to see Nugent show a bit of emotion and actually talk to the players during the match. Good subs.

Not that bothered when we win or lose these days.
  • I'd be amazed if there were 5000 people there. I note that jackpot draw 1st prize was a conveniently round £200. Has it finally reached the point where it can't sell enough tickets to make the minimum payout?
  • Many thanks to @Redmidland & all for the thread... I guess it's a day when everyone wins... 2-0 is a good result, however it happened; certainly a case of 'Support the team but not the regime', with the stands two-thirds empty, a good start for Nugent (whoever finally takes over), and whilst one swallow doesn't make a summer (anymore than the reverse at Swindon meant we were instantly crap), Meire will unfortunately use it as an excuse to justify her lamentable dictatorship. Nice to see us heading in the right direction - I think, despite Slade's many shortcomings, we were slowly heading there anyway - but anyone who believes the PR gumph about them wanting us back in the Premiership is seriously deluded.
  • Not sure the team picked is a long term answer - but hey ho - let's see what happens on Tuesday!
  • A deserved win imho.

Two good assists from Fox who exploited the space on the left created by vale doubling up on Lookman.

We sat deep but their attack was powderpuff. Did Rudd make a real save?

Good to see both strikers score.

Only difference from Slade I could see was a genuine front two who stayed up top.

Subs were also earlier although Botaka was anonymous.

A promotion winning team kills the game off on the break late on. We had chances but didn't stretch them enough.

Freebie in the north upper today. Atmosphere dead but maybe 6k there.

Roland's ticket? ;-)
  • We were comfortable without ever dominating, good but not awesome, it felt like we could have really turned the screw and scored another goal or two (not sure Ajose was offside btw) and Fox showed his passing prowess today, the second goal in particular, anyone asking how Ajose scored 25 goals last season, that's how
  • Good goals.

Excellent from Fox for both, a great header by Magennis and nice to see Ajose score a "proper" strikers goal.

Funny celebration from Ajose after he was spotted being beaten up by the corner flag on TV last time out!
    Ohhh is that potentially what his celebration was all about? - When was he beaten up by the corner flag though?