Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CO'L appointed on the coaching team..

Comments

• Options

Its like a everlasting episode of Beadles About

Sue Perks would like a Jeremy Beadle buffet - aka The small finger buffet.
  • Options

"contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager"

A very sarcastic comment from an official club release.

Could be a dig from Meire at Cawley who not only reported that O'Loughlin was set to be appointed manager, but also reported that Katrien had been summoned by the FA.
    Not very smart if it is - taking on journalists is a game that the vast majority lose. Those that win usually have a degree of decency, intelligence and persistence that KM has yet to demonstrate.
  • Options

Its like a everlasting episode of Beadles About

Sue Perks would like a Jeremy Beadle buffet - aka The small finger buffet.
    I thought we should have had a minute's applause at The Valley when Beadle died. He deserved a big hand.
  • Options
    It's a stupid and antagonising comment, and it has no significance as the club u-turn (or, frankly, lie) so much that it doesn't mean, in any shape of form, that C O'L is not going to be our manager.

The web site is getting to be as useful as that bloke in the pub that's always drunk and boasting about doing things that everyone knows that he never, in reality, did.

Could they be more full of $h1t?
  • Options
    "Will not become the club’s new Manager"

Still plenty of room for a head coach like Fraeye or Luzon then.
  • Options
    Nugent will be supported by Simon Clark and Chris O’Loughlin, a new addition to the club’s coaching staff who, contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager.

but it doesn't say that he won't be our new head coach
  • Options
    New mascot just arrived too image
  • Options
    sarge1g said:

Is this supposed to be, like, good news? A positive development?

I hear Simon is a good bloke for some reason, but Kevin, Chris and Simon you are now the new face of the regime for however long.

You are going into this with your eyes open guys, and Simon Clark, Kevin Foley, Chris O'Loughlin, Tony Keohane, Brian Cole, Sue Parkes, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet and others are now all peas in the same pod.

Right now the names I have mentioned are all people who basically hate and despise me as a fan, and there is only one way to soften my antipathy and that is to win, win without expecting any thanks for doing do as well.

We have no Josh and Ricky, and Port Vale, Bristol Rovers and Sheffield United are coming up. The minimum requirement from that is nine fecking points and no excuses.

Seth, you surely do not think that it is only you they despise, it's all of us. They do not have a clue, what do they think Nugent has been doing these last couple of months, if Slade was not good enough how on earth can Nugent be an improvement, surely he was complicit in any failure. Where is Billy Smart when we need him, at least he knew how to run a friggin' circus and all it's clowns.

pardew / parkinson ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That 'contrary to reports' line is an absolute joke. Clearly her doing. God I hate her.

But those contrary reports did at least have some truth in them in that Co'L has indeed joined the club - it was just his 'current' capacity they got wrong.

I hate her more.
  • Options

It's @LouisMend I feel sorry for.

With such a slow news week, he's going to struggle to fill airtime on Charlton Live - much padding awaits, I fear....

Tsk, more advert morelike.....
  • Options
    sm said:

"contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager"

A very sarcastic comment from an official club release.

Could be a dig from Meire at Cawley who not only reported that O'Loughlin was set to be appointed manager, but also reported that Katrien had been summoned by the FA.
    Not very smart if it is - taking on journalists is a game that the vast majority lose. Those that win usually have a degree of decency, intelligence and persistence that KM has yet to demonstrate.
    Those that take on journalists and win, more often than not, don't have thousands of people frustrated with them who are clinging on to every bit of press coverage that can get.

Katrien, and by extension The Club, should be kissing the arse of anyone who can try and put a positive spin on her actions at the moment, not further alienating them.

You don't need to work in PR to see that. The ineptitude at the moment is incredible.
  • Options

Nugent will be supported by Simon Clark and Chris O’Loughlin, a new addition to the club’s coaching staff who, contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager.

but it doesn't say that he won't be our new head coach

This!
  • Options
    HandG said:

"Chris O'Loughlin will not become the club's new manager..."

Please note those words people!

Chris O'Laughlin will become the club's new head coach.
  • Options

Can I ask where these 'reports' have been published. To my knowledge no media have reported that he is going our new manager. They have merely speculated that he is in the running.

It is clearly another sly dig at this forum and In turn shows her in even more transparency, to be the patronising and petulant amateur we all know her to be.

Well yer, it's a obvious dig at something read on here... just when you think the childishness couldn't get any lower
  • Options
    I used to struggle telling like minded adults about the incompetency at this club whilst they would look at me with bemusement.

I'm now having trouble explaining to children just what is going on.

This farce cannot go on much longer surely???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can I ask where these 'reports' have been published. To my knowledge no media have reported that he is going our new manager. They have merely speculated that he is in the running.

It is clearly another sly dig at this forum and In turn shows her in even more transparency, to be the patronising and petulant amateur we all know her to be.

Richard Cawley reported it and later said after looking into it more he was likely to come in as a coach rather than manager.
  • Options
    Option 2 for me Airman
  • Options
    What we don't know is whether CO'L is a permanent addition to the CAFC coaching team, or whether he's still been on Roland's payroll all this time, and is just temporarily allocated to us
  • Options

rananegra said:

seth plum said:

You are going into this with your eyes open guys, and Simon Clark, Kevin Foley, Chris O'Loughlin, Tony Keohane, Brian Cole, Sue Parkes, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet and others are now all peas in the same pod.

Right now the names I have mentioned are all people who basically hate and despise me as a fan, and there is only one way to soften my antipathy and that is to win, win without expecting any thanks for doing do as well.

I know he's not the world's greatest footballer,but I think it's a bit unfair to lump him in with the regime and its apologists.

Ditto Simon Clark who's worked his way up from the academy
    I imagine he may soon be 'moved aside'
  • Options
    This reads as Roland is convinced there's something wrong in the coaching or playing side that is making the club bomb down the leagues. This guy is simply a spy to report back to Roland his findings, before being made head coach.
  • Options
    Roland is just inspiring in his ability to make his customers stop buying the only product that they want, no matter how cheap he sells it. Truely unbelievable. Thanks for taking us to new depths of distain and new heights of resentment, apathy and rage. Some jokes just aren't funny when they are heard for the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh time.

Maybe the song for our heads of 'staff' should be 'Who the fecking he'll are you?' And repeat lots.