Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CO'L appointed on the coaching team..

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Henry please invite him as a guest speaker at the next Bromley meeting.
  • I suspect the 'discussion' between KM not wanting COL as manager and RD wanting him, thi sis the compromise.

Total joke though to appoint a coach before the manager, if as manager you can't appoint your own back room team then it's a no no for 99%.
  • Now might be an interesting time to re-visit his interview: http://www.benefoot.net/exclusive-interview-with-sint-truidens-chris-oloughlin/

I'm not sure his attitude in that interview strikes me as someone who's coming to England purely to be part of the coaching team, I suspect he's got his eyes on the big job.
  • Is this supposed to be, like, good news? A positive development?

I hear Simon is a good bloke for some reason, but Kevin, Chris and Simon you are now the new face of the regime for however long.

You are going into this with your eyes open guys, and Simon Clark, Kevin Foley, Chris O'Loughlin, Tony Keohane, Brian Cole, Sue Parkes, Katrien Meire, Roland Duchatelet and others are now all peas in the same pod.

Right now the names I have mentioned are all people who basically hate and despise me as a fan, and there is only one way to soften my antipathy and that is to win, win without expecting any thanks for doing do as well.

We have no Josh and Ricky, and Port Vale, Bristol Rovers and Sheffield United are coming up. The minimum requirement from that is nine fecking points and no excuses.

Seth, you surely do not think that it is only you they despise, it's all of us. They do not have a clue, what do they think Nugent has been doing these last couple of months, if Slade was not good enough how on earth can Nugent be an improvement, surely he was complicit in any failure. Where is Billy Smart when we need him, at least he knew how to run a friggin' circus and all it's clowns.

• Just read the article on the OS:

Did I read I read this right?:

O’Loughlin has previously worked as an Assistant Coach at Orlando Pirates and Melbourne Victory and also had stints as Head Coach at Congolese club AS Vitaand Sint-Truiden.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-news-kevin-nugent-caretaker-3420221.aspx#lrTqxvhYex0cvJ5g.99

Whoever wrote that article must have been drinking Um Bongo.
  • Oggy Red said:

Just read the article on the OS:

O’Loughlin has previously worked as an Assistant Coach at Orlando Pirates and Melbourne Victory and also had stints as Head Coach at Congolese club AS Vitaand Sint-Truiden.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-news-kevin-nugent-caretaker-3420221.aspx#lrTqxvhYex0cvJ5g.99

It's only missing a space and a comma - "Head Coach at Congolese club AS Vita, and Sint Truiden." - or am I missing something myself?

Slapdash either way, it doesn't take long to quickly read over your own work FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Look out Kevin Nugent ......hes behind you !
  • HandG said:

Also what was the point of getting rid of Slade on Monday afternoon only for his assistant (who he wanted) to take the reins three days later? It suggests to me that the board made an impromptu decision without any contingency plan or forward thinking which I simply cannot believe........

But those protests were simply without reason and they are not out of their depth etc etc......

Almost certainly RD made the decision after having his birthday ruined.

Someone needs to pay for this, who can i sack?
  • New manager will want his own man and not trust him. Worse still, the players won't trust him and the other coaches will fear for their jobs and not trust him. Seems a good and hard working man, but supporters will not trust him.

Good luck mate!
  • LuckyReds said:

Oggy Red said:

Just read the article on the OS:

It's only missing a space and a comma - "Head Coach at Congolese club AS Vita, and Sint Truiden." - or am I missing something myself?

Slapdash either way, it doesn't take long to quickly read over your own work FFS.
    See, i knew you'd come round to my way of thinking!
  • Mealy mouthed shitters

I don't really know what this means... but it still sounds right to me!
  • Looking forward to everyone 'welcoming' him to the valley. He needs to know he is not welcome, in ANY capacity, as soon as he steps out the tunnel.
  • is COL the heir apparent .. to whoever gets the next temporary manager's job ?
  • edited November 2016
    What's this a new appointment to the coaching team? Some network stooge by the name of O'Laughin?
    I go out to do a bit of shopping and you Lifers allow this to happen in my absence, heads will roll over this, probably mine when my boss @i_b_b_o_r_g hears about it :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• I Think this should replace the Card Banner at the top of the page.
    "contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager"
  • 'Contrary to reports' is straight out of Katrien's 'I thought I explained the strategy to you more than once' book

As she sits back and chalks up another imaginary victory.
  • 'Contrary to reports' is straight out of Katrien's 'I thought I explained the strategy to you more than once' book

She has the attitude / manner of an incompetent teaching assistant
  • "contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager"

A very sarcastic comment from an official club release.

No we are going back to having a Head Coach.
  • edited November 2016

"contrary to reports, will not become the club’s new Manager"

A very sarcastic comment from an official club release.

Could be a dig from Meire at Cawley who not only reported that O'Loughlin was set to be appointed manager, but also reported that Katrien had been summoned by the FA.
  • I think COL can be bestowed the title of "The Cuckoo". Everyone can see he shouldn't be there except the deluded ones.
  • Col , i wonder where he went.
  • 'Contrary to reports' defiantly a swipe from the club.
    But at least post who the author is making that swipe instead of hiding behind Cafc.co.uk....