Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TalkSPORT live now!! (And again Charlton interview 11.45)

Comments

• He didn't say it was a first team player - indeed in my experience parents of 10-year old Academy players are more likely to brag about their son 'playing' for a professional team.
  • Can't get to listen at the moment. Can someone briefly describe what this Paul said please?
  • edited November 2016

Can't get to listen at the moment. Can someone briefly describe what this Paul said please?

Something along the lines of be careful for what you wish for what's to say the next owners are going to be any better and demeaning the protests.
  • I find it incredible that any parent of a player would ring in - are they really so clueless?

Yes.
  • He didn't say it was a first team player - indeed in my experience parents of 10-year old Academy players are more likely to brag about their son 'playing' for a professional team.

Would a dad go to the first team games in that situation if he wasn't a fan?
  • edited November 2016

He didn't say it was a first team player - indeed in my experience parents of 10-year old Academy players are more likely to brag about their son 'playing' for a professional team.

Would a dad go to the first team games in that situation if he wasn't a fan?
    The way Katrien hands out free tickets to bolster attendances, I would have thought so
  • RedChaser said:

Can't get to listen at the moment. Can someone briefly describe what this Paul said please?

Something along the lines of be careful for what you wish for what's to say the next owners are going to be any better and demeaning the protests.
    That was an understandable argument about a year and a half ago.

At the moment we're close to the relegation zone in League One.

How much worse can it get. Put football people with relevant experience and qualifications in charge, provide a reasonable budget and results should improve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

That was an understandable argument about a year and a half ago.

At the moment we're close to the relegation zone in League One.

How much worse can it get. Put football people with relevant experience and qualifications in charge, provide a reasonable budget and results should improve.
    That's far too sensible for this lot Scoham, that's why they must go!
  • Matt Holland was really good tonight
  • madadd said:

Leave me out of this...!!!! I keep my council about things I hear and certainly would not call into a radio or other media channel with anything I know or hear hence I refrain from posting or commenting on this site anymore... this response being the exception just to clear any misconceptions up about this Paul guy

RedChaser said:

boggzy said:

Who the hell is this 'Paul' tool?

Morgan Fox's dad maybe? Used to post on here.
    That's good to know, wrong stab in the dark 2+2 = 5 :neutral: my apologies.
  • So who's Pater was it ?

In fact who cares, the geysers obviously clueless and can't get his head out of his sons arse cos he's trying to get a tan
  • madadd said:

Leave me out of this...!!!! I keep my council about things I hear and certainly would not call into a radio or other media channel with anything I know or hear hence I refrain from posting or commenting on this site anymore... this response being the exception just to clear any misconceptions up about this Paul guy

RedChaser said:

boggzy said:

Glad you've cleared that up, mate. Regardless of what anyone says, you're a dad looking out for your son - that doesn't mean you're going to be a dick on the radio.
  • Missed this is there a listen again function?!

Just after the 20:30 section

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1479150000#
  • madadd said:

RedChaser said:

boggzy said:

Used to enjoy your summaries of our youth games Madadd..
  • madadd said:

RedChaser said:

boggzy said:

Used to enjoy your summaries of our youth games Madadd..
    Did any particular player always sound better than the others? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

Thank you muchly!
  • edited November 2016

Missed this is there a listen again function?!

20:34.35
  • Dean Saunders and Danny Murphy hang your heads in shame.

Can't argue with that true statement but unfortunately Saunders and Murphy are not as clever as they think they are, they got taken in and done just as we did 2 1/2 years back. Any real journalist would have spent an hour or two researching both sides of an argument. They are just ex-players feeling in on daytime radio.
    Now easy to see how Murphy was taken in by his tax adviser.
  • Just catching up on this now. @Henry Irving absolutely nailed it. Excellent, well done.
  • Has Jim White mentioned us at all today?
  • Jim White talking CAFC now
  • And he's had contact from Roland apparently. Coming up after ads,