Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TalkSPORT live now!! (And again Charlton interview 11.45)

Comments

• One of the Belgian 20 on now. Saying how KM can be very eloquent, but spins half-truths. Saggers tries to be diplomatic
  • Thank goodness for Patrick Barclay - Holland and Saggers are not very eloquent. Why would RD have failed a fit and proper test?

I think Saggers answered you quite well there. He said its not possible to do a proper FAPP test without shedloads of money to audit a person

Still don't know why he'd fail a fit and proper test - his wealth is presumably legitimate.
    If it is anything like approved persons fit and proper test in financial services it will be along the lines of conduct and customer interests which is certainly wanting on the latter.
    Don't think the FA/EFL could have known any of this ex ante - once subsequently discovered the legal implications are very dicey.
  • One of the Belgian 20 on now. Saying how KM can be very eloquent, but spins half-truths. Saggers tries to be diplomatic

For whatever reason, I'm about 2 minutes behind you listening to this!

For whatever reason, I'm about 2 minutes behind you listening to this!
    Internet v FM or Digital
  • Thank goodness for Patrick Barclay - Holland and Saggers are not very eloquent. Why would RD have failed a fit and proper test?

I think Saggers answered you quite well there. He said its not possible to do a proper FAPP test without shedloads of money to audit a person

Still don't know why he'd fail a fit and proper test - his wealth is presumably legitimate.
    If it is anything like approved persons fit and proper test in financial services it will be along the lines of conduct and customer interests which is certainly wanting on the latter.
    Don't think the FA/EFL could have known any of this ex ante - once subsequently discovered the legal implications are very dicey.
    You are right on your narrow point. But what is your prescription for improved governance then? Let the market decide?

• iamdan said:

Well said Quentin.

was Quentin the guy who had the letter?
  • iamdan said:

Well said Quentin.

was Quentin the guy who had the letter?
    The ex volunteer for the club.
  • Paul is apparently Foley's dad
  • iamdan said:

Well said Quentin.

Yup, good words
  • Sponsored links:

• Good show and a reasonably sized listenership if football fans. Club's inability to respond or even confirm on OS is so damning. This could be a nail in the coffin of the Belgian experience.
  • edited November 2016
    Good hour of stuff there. Both barrels firmly unloaded toward the regime.
  • Rickey Holmes grew up in Southend.

Just saying.
  • jamescafc said:

Paul is apparently Foley's dad

Him and his old man can both jog on
  • Was Ricky Holmes dad.
  • edited November 2016

Rickey Holmes grew up in Southend.

Just saying.

it was Holmes Dad I would say as he also mentioned Pompey who Holmes played for as well.
  • Mike ="we won't go away"

Loads have!!
    J BLOCK said:

jamescafc said:

Jog is all he ever does
  • J BLOCK said:

jamescafc said:

To be fair Foley did break into a proper run last Saturday albeit up another blind alley but I do get your drift :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Anakin Skywalker is Rickys father....
  • edited November 2016

Thank goodness for Patrick Barclay - Holland and Saggers are not very eloquent. Why would RD have failed a fit and proper test?

You are right on your narrow point. But what is your prescription for improved governance then? Let the market decide?

Mahbe we just have to accept how ridiculous it is that we are 'fans' of a limited liability company

Mahbe we just have to accept how ridiculous it is that we are 'fans' of a limited liability company
    Well, quite. Unlike in Germany.

• J BLOCK said:

jamescafc said:

A bit too quick for them possibly.
  • Rickey Holmes grew up in Southend.

Just saying.

it was Holmes Dad I would say as he also mentioned Pompey who Holmes played for as well.
    If it was then he should have some sympathy for another side that has been shafted by its owners. The way Pompey fans have picked their club up from the ashes shows exactly the same spirit that got Charlton back to the Valley.
  • edited November 2016

Thank goodness for Patrick Barclay - Holland and Saggers are not very eloquent. Why would RD have failed a fit and proper test?

Well, quite. Unlike in Germany.

Whether run well or badly, we are still structurally set up to lose several million per annum - until this changes then we are at the behest of lunatic rich owners.