Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Thank you AA......one thing's not quite clear though.....did he die as a result of something that actually happened during the cyclone?
  • Thank you AA......one thing's not quite clear though.....did he die as a result of something that actually happened during the cyclone?

No it was due to cardiac arrest. "She" was 68 and had only been released from hospital, having suffered from a respiratory illness, two weeks previous.
  • Agh....ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • Century for Moeen, 263-4
  • Century for Moeen, 263-4

4th of the year - he's becoming such a useful player.
  • Good honest Durham lad, always said it.

Useless Saffer, always said it.
  • If all England Football games are shown on terrestrial T.V,why is England Cricket not shown? I understand that no Channel can show Seven Hour,s of Cricket,but the highlights should be shown.Channel 5 did show England,s home games, so why not games abroad.I suppose it all down to money.
  • Derek1952 said:

If all England Football games are shown on terrestrial T.V,why is England Cricket not shown? I understand that no Channel can show Seven Hour,s of Cricket,but the highlights should be shown.Channel 5 did show England,s home games, so why not games abroad.I suppose it all down to money.

ITV4 showed highlights of the Bangladesh tour, but India wanted too much money I imagine
  • 284-4 at close, a decent effort after losing 2 early wickets
  • Yes, its likely all down to money - always is when India are concerned. Last time England toured, i vaguely remember Bumble and Athers having to do their commentary from outside the ground because BCCI wanted too much money for them to broadcast inside the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good first day score for England. Strangely in the last 5 Tests there, the 1st innings tends to be the lowest score.
    It would seem that the wicket gets easier as the game goes on. We shall see.
  • Good honest Durham lad, always said it.

Useless Saffer, always said it.
    1st test
    112 (but was dropped on 0)

2nd test

Good job he got that chance in his first innings !!!
  • 477 all out. England seem to have a team of batting spin bowlers, I guess that's a side affect of the modern slow bowler needing to be an all rounder to justify their place in white ball cricket

Moeen 148
    Dawson 66 no
    Rashid 60
  • India 60-0 at close. All a bit boring at the moment.
  • India 60-0 at close. All a bit boring at the moment.

It ought to be a draw, but England have shown an self inflicted ability to collapse in this series!
  • If only Rashid could bowl he could be regarded as an all-rounder.
  • Finally, Kohli out for less than 100 !
  • Rahul out for 199. He looked close to tears.
  • India declare on 759-7, breaking all sorts of records

Karun Nair 303 no! He was dropped on 217 though :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016

India declare on 759-7, breaking all sorts of records

Karun Nair 303 no! He was dropped on 217 though :smile:

Cook dropped him on 34 (IIRC). Although it wasn't an easy chance.
  • 12-0 at close

A chance for England to finish the tour with some respectability tomorrow
  • England throw away their 5th wicket, Moeen holes out when we're trying to save the match
  • 7 down now, complete rooobish
  • Dreadful batting today, on a placid pitch
  • 207 all out, Karel Fraeye levels of stupidity
  • If only Rashid could bowl he could be regarded as an all-rounder.

Too right. He's the English version of Ashwin who had figures of 1-207 in this match. Both should stick to batting.
  • Very dissapointing batting performance today.
    Previous games we said Kohli and Ashwin were the differences. Not this time.