Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Options
    hammered
  • Options
    We shouldn't be too down though. India is a different place to go.
    The positives are that both Hameed and Jennings look promising. I hope Cook stays on to help advise them.
    A top batting line up of Cook, Hameed, Jennings, Root and Bairstow looks decent in most conditions.
    In the fast bowling department Anderson, Broad, Stokes and Woakes is still top class.
    With Moeen (as there is no other spinner and one other, probably Buttler, and it is still a decent side in English and probably Australian series.
    The summer v S Africa and the winter v Aus should be interesting
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Once again England sacrifice themselves for the long term health of Test cricket. They know that letting India stuff them will really help rekindle interest in Test match cricket in India
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38376187

Weird story, as it's only just come out (conveniently), apparently Jack Leach wasn't considered for a call up for the tour due to suspicions about his action
  • Options

hammered

Bit early in the day for that mate
  • Options
    Very poor to have lost that game. 0 wickets down at lunch & not really troubled.

The game was nearly over until Moeen played that inexplicable shot.
  • Options
    Chris Jordan playing in Big Bash - went for 14 off first over.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38376187

Weird story, as it's only just come out (conveniently), apparently Jack Leach wasn't considered for a call up for the tour due to suspicions about his action

not so weird as Muralitharan getting away with chucking for nearly twenty years
  • Options
    Fire up Argument Alert right this second
  • Options
    Sam Billings .. 93 from 85 balls .. England beat India A in 50 over warm up game before the 'real' thing starts later this week .. Buttler, Hales, Dawson & Roy all score a few .. Capn Morgan scores just three
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Some good players in the Indian team. Dhawan, Dhoni, Yuvraj. We chased a 305 target with seven balls to spare.
  • Options
    Billings I'm sure learned a lot about local white ball conditions from playing IPL

• Options
    Billings has had a reasonable IPL and a better Big Bash - seems to be improving year-on-year.
  • Options

Billings has had a reasonable IPL and a better Big Bash - seems to be improving year-on-year.

Didnt realise that Billings was also a good footballer , being offered,according to Wiki, a contract with Spurs, but how reliable that is i dont know.
  • Options

Didnt realise that Billings was also a good footballer , being offered,according to Wiki, a contract with Spurs, but how reliable that is i dont know.
    As long as he turns down Surrey, I'm not bothered!
  • Options

Now now: )
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Think we're a bit short on keeper batsmen now Davies and Wilson have left. We only have Foakes Sanga and Burns. Ohh and Pope!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Mills bowling some serious stuff in the BB. I bet former Bexley CC batsmen, Jimmy Peirson and Sam Heazlett, are glad they are on his side!
  • Options

Mills bowling some serious stuff in the BB. I bet former Bexley CC batsmen, Jimmy Peirson and Sam Heazlett, are glad they are on his side!

Tymal or Kyle?
  • Options

Tymal or Kyle?
    Tymal

His figures of 4-0-30-0 didn't really reflect how well he bowled especially as he bowled 3 of those in the first five of the innings.

Mills has been playing for Auckland in the Super Smash. He took 10 wickets in 10 games at an economy rate of just 6.61.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    England make 350-7 in their innings in the first ODI

Stokes makes 62 of 40 balls as England accelerate at the end. A perfect personal advert ahead of the IPL auction!
  • Options
    India 2 wickets down already - 2 to Willey.
  • Options
    3 down.
    Yuvraj gone
    56-3 off 10.2
  • Options
    4 down
    Dhoni out for 6
    get Kohli and games is ours methinks.
  • Options
    Did you know that St Truiden has a cricket club ?...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cricket-club-Sint-Truiden/1012096962231450
  • Options
    Rashid has just confirmed to me that he right up there,along with Chris Jordan in the 'Bowling Filth' rankings.
  • Options

4 down
    Dhoni out for 6
    get Kohli and games is ours methinks.

We got Kohli, but...
  • Options
    When they click i believe our batting line-up is as good as any in the world.
    But..
    If you can't defend 350 our bowling is in need of major surgery
  • Options
    Its always gonna be tough if Kohli gets a hundred every game. great innings - as was Kehan or Kehar or whatever his name is- but one of the problems we have is we dont have a 'gun' bowler - a Johnson or Steyn to blast out someone like that when they are in full flight.