Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We hate Millwall but.........

Comments

• Options
    Let em die let em die let em die, let em all die down at the den ......
  • Options
    Tannie Gray Thompson is involved with the West Ham/Taxpayers Stadium shenanigans, on the Stadium bord I believe. Here she pops up again.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Nasty little beggers or not, the club has some alright (at best) fans like @Big_Bad_World and @Sparrows Lane Lion. They deserve to keep their club at it's home.

I wasn't aware their club's toolbox home was at risk.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Yes thanks. I know quite a bit about it all actually.

when they say 'offshore' do you understand what that actually implies? Calling Berylson 'offshore' just because he's American would suggest that you don't.

Lol!

Yes thanks, I know perfectly well what "offshore" means.

So, Millwall's planned development was going to be undertaken completely by UK companies was it? Not what I heard!
    Well you obviously don't know what offshore means if you're comparing Berylson to some firm set up and registered a few years ago in the BVI!

Lol

Lol. I presume you've heard of Chestnut Hill Ventures LLC?
    Again, you're comparing a company that is 'offshore' to one that isn't British! Thinking that because CHV aren't on THESE shores then it's 'offshore' You're really struggling with this aren't you? Google 'offshore' mate, in regards to businesses. It might help you there.
    No mate, I'm not struggling with this, really I'm not. This type of thing is what I do for a living and lets just say I think I have a bit of an inside track on this particular set of developments/proposals.

But lets leave it there, eh? I hope for your sake that this doesn't all end up in your club going under, which I have consistently said is the main play here, despite you insisting that its all one big community thing. I also note that you haven't answered my questions in this thread about Berylson's motivations for owning the club (genuine question - I don't know if its on public record) and what happens if he doesn't get the rights to undertake the redevelopment. That's got to be the big worry.

Bottom line to me is that Millwall were effectively given the ground by Lewisham Council years back - at a time when I was a Lewisham resident, so effectively thats where my Council Tax was going - and the price you have paid for that is that you have no direct say in what goes on with it. In fact, even if Millwall owned their stadium land they would still have no direct say in what the Council does with their own adjoining land - and nor should they.

Sure, the background noise means the Renewal deal might look a bit iffy at first sight, but in truth its no different to the structure in place for most other property deals you would come across, or that I come across on a daily basis.

Do I have an anti-Millwall bias? Yes, most definitely. But it only offsets your obvious pro-Millwall bias in this instance. The bottom line is that Millwall want this for themselves. If the Renewal deal was more transparent you would still be wanting it for yourselves, naturally, so that really is a red herring.

Oh sorry mate, I thought you'd said in an earlier post that CHV and Renewal were both Offshore companies. When one obviously isn't, and one clearly is. But yes, lets leave it there. Done to death that.

I suspect JB's initial interest in Millwall was down solely to the regeneration, of course. However, he has been with us a good few years now and I believe has developed a real passion for the club and the community. Having met him on a few occasions and having a very good mutual friend I can tell you that he is a man of integrity and I'm almost pretty sure he wouldn't leave us in sh*t street if the regen fell through. But we'd have to wait and see on that front.

We wasnt 'given the ground' by Lewisham council. They gave us Senegal Fields, which was a poxy bit of wasteland that no one really used for much, for a peppercorn rent, we built and funded the ground, in doing so they gave us a 100 year lease.

Anyway, it's all by the by, the real bottom line is, that despite whatever Millwalls benefits would be, or JB's motives are for buying Millwall were, Millwall would go about doing this the right way, in the right manner, that would clearly benefit all involved. All Renewal are interested in benefiting are themselves. Jesus, all the local residents and businesses are supporting Millwall on this. Just that alone, what does that tell you?
    So he bought the club to get the deal as he smelt a big profit to be made and was too late to buy up the surrounding property. It now looks as like he could miss out and so has galvanised the supporters to oppose the other scheme so he can get his snout in the trough.

There are similarities with the Olympic stadium in that the public officials either are totally incapable of negotiating a deal as there seems to be such a great deal to be had here that a bloke buys a football club to get a piece of it.

I think one thing needs to be made clear though. This is not a Millwall plan. It is a plan from a developer who also owns Millwall. The benefits to Millwall directly line his pocket. A red herring indeed.

Take the smoke and mirrors out of this and what you end up with is a simple choice of which plan you prefer.
  • Options
    Oh, and this plan does not threaten the ground at all, maybe a few parking places. Will add quite a few potential supporters as well.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Oh, and this plan does not threaten the ground at all, maybe a few parking places. Will add quite a few potential supporters as well.

I believe it is losing somewhere to park their barras up bruv!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I think one thing needs to be made clear though. This is not a Millwall plan. It is a plan from a developer who also owns Millwall. The benefits to Millwall directly line his pocket. A red herring indeed.

What plan are you refering to? And which developer now owns Millwall?

• Options

Redrobo said:

Mate forgot the fucking Car park just look at your team
  • Options

Redrobo said:

WHAT!!!

Do you mean a club that owns nothing and has no experience in even developing an old terrace house is now putting it's self forward to regenerate a huge inner city site?

This really has bugger all to do with your club, has it? Why would/should you end up with a revenue stream when you are not bringing anything to the table. You are just being bribed to stir it up. Both sides are as bad as each other and are driven by self intrest. Fair enough. Go for it. Just please don't come on here blubbing how terrible it all is.

P.S. The artical that Prague referred me to mentions the "Millwall plan". Are you now saying that the rival plan is not a Millwall plan? Or are you just being a bit of a wally?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

WHAT!!!

Do you mean a club that owns nothing and has no experience in even developing an old terrace house is now putting it's self forward to regenerate a huge inner city site?

This really has bugger all to do with your club, has it? Why would/should you end up with a revenue stream when you are not bringing anything to the table. You are just being bribed to stir it up. Both sides are as bad as each other and are driven by self intrest. Fair enough. Go for it. Just please don't come on here blubbing how terrible it all is.

P.S. The artical that Prague referred me to mentions the "Millwall plan". Are you now saying that the rival plan is not a Millwall plan? Or are you just being a bit of a wally?
    Do you want a cuddle?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Mate forgot the fucking Car park just look at your team
    Tragic, isn't it? I ruined my best hanky last night, such was the volume of tears that flowed.

Still, at least Robbie Williams will have woke up with a smile on his chubby little face.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

WHAT!!!

Do you want a cuddle?
    Ah, abuse. That's that argument won then.

Bye for a while then.
  • Options

While 'we hate Millwall and we hate millwall, we hate millwall and we hate Millwall, we hate Millwall and we hate Millwall, we are the Millwall haters' is a fine chant, my son has a couple of Millwall supporting coaches who are great guys. Top notch guys

I was talking to a neighbour who isn't that into football on the train into work last season about the problems we had we Roland and Katrien and the protests, a bloke joined in commiserating with us, knowing all about it, turned out he was Millwall.

My point being that no matter how much Millwall as a club may suck, many Millwall fans do not deserve to get dicked over by dodgy planning decisions.

We have got support in our mess from these guys and I will give support back.

Whom exactly do you mean, and what kind of support? The support from the Lions Trust has been precisely zero, both re Charlton, and re the Londonwide Olympic Stadium campaign.

There is also a classic Millwall irony in your second para. which sums up the problem they have, when issues like this crop up. Your neighbour sounds like mate out here who "is 'Wall". In fact, he has never been to the New Den, even though he has been to their Wembley games, and could not name any member of the team who capitulated on Saturday. He comes from Peckham and likes to parade his "Wall heritage, but he won't know anything about this issue.
    I feel sorry for genuine fans like @MillwallFan and @Sparrows Lane Lion , because they do not get support from the allegedly vast 'Wall diaspora, and their Supporters Trust doesn't know how to engage the rest of football to get their help (and possible useful advice).

Ah, I meant vocal support. From individuals. That was all I was going to offer. I might write an email.

To be clear the neighbour was not into football at all, his kids know mine and we were talking on the train. Unsolicited another commuter joined in the discussion and he knew a lot about our problems, had made an effort to understand and was a top bloke. He then told me Charlton wasn't his team, he was Millwalll and had been since a kid, went most weeks with his family.

• Options
    No need to keep re-posting this article.

The games up anyway.

P.S Love the picture of the crowd outside the stadium. Didn't realise your supporters had a parking space each!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

The games up anyway.

P.S Love the picture of the crowd outside the stadium. Didn't realise your supporters had a parking space each!
    Has this article been posted before? It only came out tonight at 6.50pm and couldn't see it on this thread.
  • Options
    "The order to seize Millwall’s land".

The land they have a lease on and don't own.

To be fair to Barney though, he's really going for this. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    And "much local protest"?

Apart from this thread, a couple of opportune mentions on the local news and a couple of dozen fellas turning up at the planning meeting (fair play to them) has there been any actual organised protest?

Seems to me that I give more of a fuck than the average bloke - which isn't much but judging by my continued involvement in this thread must amount to something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We hate Millwall but.......we hate Millwall......hope they go to the Dogs, where they belong
  • Options
    The Guardian articles are pretty persuasive and this proposed deal really does need to be scrutinised. I have very little time for Millwall and many of their supporters, but even less time for anonymous, Virgin Island based property developers. On that basis, I've signed the petition.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

The games up anyway.

So, about that cuddle.....
  • Options

Redrobo said:

The games up anyway.

you're one of them pink lions ain't cha.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

The games up anyway.

you're one of them pink lions ain't cha.
    Are you asking or telling? :wink:
  • Options
    Telling.
    anyway, put the kettle on I'm working up your way today.
  • Options

Telling.

You don't build extensions, do you? It's just that I'm having one built and work starts today.

The builder is also follicly challenged :neutral:
  • Options
    Not me guv. They probably won't turn up. It looks like rain.
  • Options

Telling.

You don't build extensions, do you? It's just that I'm having one built and work starts today.

The builder is also follicly challenged :neutral:
    Are you allowed to build on a prison exercise yard? :wink:
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

WHAT!!!

Many funders of projects have no experience in development. You appoint development managers, who appoint a design team and eventually you appoint a contractor to deliver the works. The funder puts up the dough, the experts deliver.

You don't think Millwall itself will get the CAD machine out and start drawing up plans do you? Perhaps Harris can do a bit of bricklaying during the summer.

You do also realise that Millwall only want to develop the plots of land they currently lease. Not the "huge" site you refer to. Renewal can still have all of that (or the developers/funders they are looking to flog it off to for a profit after their Lewisham friends grant full planning)

As for not having anything to do with our club...well, the Renewal plans would be taking away land we currently lease and remove the Lions Centre. That has something to do with us.

Why can't we develop something on land we lease? Is that not allowed? Have we not offered to share any profits with the council? What a great offer, a community club developing leased land at no cost to the taxpayer and then offering a return back to the taxpayer!! Surely that's something that should be welcomed and grabbed by Lewisham on behalf of the tax payers.

You seem terribly angry over it all. Not got shares in Renewal have you?