Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Worth signing so that they don't end up ground sharing with us!
  • You're a bit late. Everyone who would sign did it a few months back - there's another thread.
  • Worth signing so that they don't end up ground sharing with us!

That would be more money in Roland's pocket!
  • edited September 2016
    Bet loads of them have signed the Roland Out campaign- http://ourcharlton.org.uk/

sod them
  • We hate Millwall but.......we hate Millwall......hope they go to the Dogs, where they belong
  • ...... They are still c***s whatever life throws on them
  • Send them to Selhurst
  • 22k signatures in 3 years, including fans of other clubs, imo just proves what the majority of them lot get off on is being part of the 'fear no foe' image.
  • Fear no foe

Fear Lewisham council.

Fuck em
  • edited September 2016
    A better title for the thread would be we hate Millwall because ....

Their history is littered with violence - it isn't a new thing, it's been going on for a hundred years. There is also the racial discrimination issue that has stained the club (but no club is perfect in that regard).

I accept totally that the powers that be at Millwall have made advances on the second issue and also pull their hair out at the first but the club has and always will attract a certain type of bigoted thug. Not all Millwall fans are bad (there I said it) and we have a few decent ones who post on here and who's views I respect, but the prospect of Millwall going pop wouldn't cause me to lose a minutes sleep or indeed encourage me to support their efforts to survive.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
    hmm if roles were reversed they would probably unfurl a planning permission banner at our place, few decent millwall fans, but unfortunately a hell of a lot of knob heads - regardless dont deserve to lose there ground.
  • Fear no foe

Fear Lewisham council.

Fuck em

You sound troubled. Would you like to talk about it?
  • bobmunro said:

Their history is littered with violence - it isn't a new thing, it's been going on for a hundred years. There is also the racial discrimination issue that has stained the club (but no club is perfect in that regard).

I accept totally that the powers that be at Millwall have made advances on the second issue and also pull their hair out at the first but the club has and always will attract a certain type of bigoted thug. Not all Millwall fans are bad (there I said it) and we have a few decent ones who post on here and who's views I respect, but the prospect of Millwall going pop wouldn't cause me to lose a minutes sleep or indeed encourage me to support their efforts to survive.

We're the Notting Hill carnival of football.

I was going to make that comparison as well but some bleeding hearted screamer would have made it their life's ambition to try and shoot it down.

• bobmunro said:

We dream of the day that we see 90% of fans in tight replica shirts, blue wigs, face paint and packed lunches, but we need help to achieve that dream.
    could be a lot closer than you would like SLL
  • Having looked at the link, it doesn't indicate the football stadium is being sold, only some land surrounding it. As in a carpark and a community building.
  • J BLOCK said:

Fuck em

Matron!!
  • IT_Andy said:

Having looked at the link, it doesn't indicate the football stadium is being sold, only some land surrounding it. As in a carpark and a community building.

That they don't own.
  • Sponsored links:

• They're not getting forced out of the den though. I wish people would read up on things before signing a "what a great supporter I am" petition.
  • bobmunro said:

We're the Notting Hill carnival of football.

I was going to make that comparison as well but some bleeding hearted screamer would have made it their life's ambition to try and shoot it down.

My fingers are itching with anticipation!
  • IT_Andy said:

Having looked at the link, it doesn't indicate the football stadium is being sold, only some land surrounding it. As in a carpark and a community building.

They're not getting forced out of the den though. I wish people would read up on things before signing a "what a great supporter I am" petition.

We aren't getting forced out true. But we lease those areas. I believe on a 999 year lease. Our operations on those parcels of land will cease. Our plans to redevelop those parcels of land have been disregarded. The council are forcing through CPO's and selling them off at a tenth of their the developmental value.

Why are Lewisham refusing to let Millwall redevelop parcels of land they lease within the over-arching redevelopment?
    Why are Lewisham not securing the best return on land for the taxpayers?
    Why are there so many links between Lewisham council and the developer Renewal?

What's to stop the next move being a CPO of the ground itself? If Lewisham can do it, what's then to stop Greenwich doing it to you? Are we both looking forward to ground sharing a stadium in Strood in ten years?
  • IT_Andy said:

They're not getting forced out of the den though. I wish people would read up on things before signing a "what a great supporter I am" petition.

We aren't getting forced out true. But we lease those areas. I believe on a 999 year lease. Our operations on those parcels of land will cease. Our plans to redevelop those parcels of land have been disregarded. The council are forcing through CPO's and selling them off at a tenth of their the developmental value.

Why are Lewisham refusing to let Millwall redevelop parcels of land they lease within the over-arching redevelopment?

What's to stop the next move being a CPO of the ground itself? If Lewisham can do it, what's then to stop Greenwich doing it to you? Are we both looking forward to ground sharing a stadium in Strood in ten years?
    Ebbsfleet will take us both over :wink:
  • IT_Andy said:

Although CPO'S are far from ideal, a tenth or their value cannot be correct as this could be challenged legally. They have to reflect values based on evidence. Get the feeling these views are far from balanced. Also, bollocks to Smallwall; whither and die would be the best outcome.

• I can't think of a single other Club owner who would see the opportunity to ground share and secure further funding to enhance their already considerable wealth.

On second thoughts I think I will sign it after all.
  • kafka said:

IT_Andy said:

Although CPO'S are far from ideal, a tenth or their value cannot be correct as this could be challenged legally. They have to reflect values based on evidence. Get the feeling these views are far from balanced. Also, bollocks to Smallwall; whither and die would be the best outcome.

It's being valued under it's current use as a car park, not as land with thousands of apartments on it.