Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ezri Konsa (p3. England U20 call up)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like he's had to pull out for some reason, didn't last long.
    U20s squad update:
    ↔️ Josh Sims (@SouthamptonFC) for Ezri Konsa
    ↔️ Max Lowe (@dcfcofficial) for Kyle Walker-Peters
  • Options

U20s squad update:

That's a shame, especially after how excited he sounded to be called up.

Hopefully, this set back will provide further motivation in his career.
  • Options
    Sims is a winger, interested to see if they chose Konsa as a midfielder
  • Options

U20s squad update:

does that mean our game against MK Dons is back on ?.........lol
  • Options

INTERNATIONAL | Ezri Konsa has had to withdraw from the England U20s squad with a hamstring injury
  • Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/22/football-league-players-premier-league-fulham-ryan-sessegnon-leeds-charlie-taylor

Ezri Konsa, Charlton

One of the few positives from Charlton in the past few years has been their academy, source of hugely promising talent such as Joe Gomez and Ademola Lookman, and the latest youngster to emerge is Ezri Konsa. A tall, ball-playing central defender, Konsa was part of the England Under-20 squad that won the World Cup (although he made only one brief appearance in South Korea), and has reportedly already been watched by the Premier League’s biggest and richest. “Ezri was hard work with me when I first came in,” said Simon Clark, a former Charlton youth coach who worked with Konsa and Lookman. “Not in a bad way. He’d ask questions and he’d challenge you, which was great because I knew the answers and I’d fire them back at him.”
  • Options
    Being chased by Everton and Liverpool according to the (ever reliable) Sun today.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Being chased by Everton and Liverpool according to the (ever reliable) Sun today.

Not even close to being good enough for either of those 2 sides yet. Although for rich premier league sides, 2/3/4m is not exactly much of a gamble these days.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    if he signed for a prem team and was loaned out for 2 seasons they wouuld get their initial outlay back in loan signjng payments-----2/3 million its nothing to the majority of sides in the prem
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Damn was hoping that this was to confirm that Ezri would be called up by England for the next round of Internationals

Praying that our game against Peterborough gets called off for this reason as having Dodoo up front in place of Magennis and Jackson at Left-Back in place of Jay Dasilva scares the shite out of me!!
  • Options
    To me if Konsa goes it doesn't matter what he is 'worth', what matters is how rich the buying club is, and how much of that wealth we can get out of them. Lookman is the only Duchatelet sale that I think has been a decent deal financially. Mind you there are tons of undisclosed deals I am not confident I know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    it really doesnt matter how much he is sold for ..it wont get re invested in the team

Roland Out
  • Options
    seth plum said:

To me if Konsa goes it doesn't matter what he is 'worth', what matters is how rich the buying club is, and how much of that wealth we can get out of them. Lookman is the only Duchatelet sale that I think has been a decent deal financially. Mind you there are tons of undisclosed deals I am not confident I know what I'm talking about.

We took the piss out of Everton because their megabucks rich owner was inept. As much as it sounds bizarre to some KM won that battle.

As for Konsa - I suspect a deal is done and that's why he isn't playing at centre back. No point in us playing with a player in a position that will need filling after January. We might as well muddle through without him until the inevitable departure.

Shame - he is a bloody good centre back as will be proven in a couple of years
  • Options
    I think he's wasted at cb. Play him cm and rotate Kashi. Not playing him is ludicrous
  • Options
    He's not playing at CB because he isn't as good as Pearce or Bauer, especially in L1 when strikers generally have a physical presence

Indeed what's more suspicious is why he keeps coming off the bench to play in midfield instead of Aribo...
  • Options

He's not playing at CB because he isn't as good as Pearce or Bauer, especially in L1 when strikers generally have a physical presence

Indeed what's more suspicious is why he keeps coming off the bench to play in midfield instead of Aribo...

Funnily enough, Mr Robinson told us why after the Bury match ...... he changed the formation to 4-3-3, by putting Konsa into central midfield.

Evidently that provides extra defensive height, tackling and passing ability.
    Of course, why he hasn't yet given Aribo the same opportunity, Robinson is yet to say.
  • Options

I think I can answer that. Aribo was captain for the Welling game.

Totally anonymous. Nowhere near the player that got four assists in his first two senior games. He has totally gone backwards this season. Why, I couldn't tell you. But he was very poor.
  • Options
    Expect to see more of him in the coming months as Robinson is " forced" to play him so that he can be sold in January sales.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off to Everton?
  • Options
    The next Carl Jenkinson.
  • Options
    I think he's been pretty poor this season, not ready for the Championship at the moment let alone the Premier league.
  • Options
    He's got raw talent. Still needs a lot of work but the signs are there that he has the potential to be very good. £3-5mill for a prem club is absolutely nothing now with the new TV deals.

Hopefully, if we do sell him, it'll be after we have been taken over so the money might actually be invested back into the team instead of being used to pretend the training ground will be the best outside the prem in the near future.
  • Options

He's got raw talent. Still needs a lot of work but the signs are there that he has the potential to be very good. £3-5mill for a prem club is absolutely nothing now with the new TV deals.

Hopefully, if we do sell him, it'll be after we have been taken over so the money might actually be invested back into the team instead of being used to pretend the training ground will be the best In Eltham.

• Options
    Assuming he's sold, what do we think the fee will be? With all the money swishing around at the top I think we should be aiming for at least £10m with add ons.

Now who's handling the sale....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Assuming he's sold, what do we think the fee will be? With all the money swishing around at the top I think we should be aiming for at least £10m with add ons.

That sounds a lot for us to pay them to take him away....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

We got that for a striker in Lookman, I'd be astonished if we got more than £5m for a defender