Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ezri Konsa (p3. England U20 call up)

Comments

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

Reading the match thread he went from hero to zero in a little over a month.

I thought he was fine on Tuesday. Not great, not bad.

Konsa will be fine, he is going to have the odd bad game given his age.

If he had the consistency of Gomez, he probably wouldn't be with us still.

I don't think he'll go in January, this looks like agent hype to me.

Pearce was guiding him along very nicely, now having to adjust to a different defensive partner in PB..
    Young centre backs need an experienced player alongside them, and Bauer is pretty inexperienced as well. Unless RJ or Tex play, I imagine the CB combination will be Pearce and ANO.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Looks like our attendances have just been scouts watching lookman and Konsa. That is katriens plan. Get rid of all football fans so there are more seats for scouts to buy players from their CAFC farm.
  • Options
    Konsa had a spell and didn't do himself any harm. Needed a break. Needs a break from league football and work to improve the areas that will surely be identified. He looks a great prospect to me, but I wouldn't beplaying him at this moment.
  • Options
    Thank god we've got Roger Johnson to see us through to the end of the season.
  • Options
    We have the possibility of both Bauer and Pearce missing on Saturday and have the ridiculous situation of playing Konsa and Lennon with a high end championship player available and not even in the squad!
  • Options
    Hats off to Konsa's agent for getting his clients's name in the public eye...
  • Options
    worth a run out in midfield .. we need a new strategy there a s a p
  • Options
    I'd say just 2 words to Konsa's agent.

Diego Poyet.

I believe Poyet is currently looking for a club having been released by West Ham.
  • Options
    They must be short of cash at West Ham with the price they are paying for their new stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

Has been called up to England u20s.

Is this his first England call up at any age group?

Lookman in the squad as well. Hopefully, an opportunity to learn from better players and insensitive to push on next season.

Well done Ezri.
  • Options

Has been called up to England u20s.

Is this his first England call up at any age group?

Lookman in the squad as well. Hopefully, an opportunity to learn from better players and insensitive to push on next season.

Well done Ezri.
    I think it is.
  • Options
    Good, he has the qualities to be playing for England at youth level.

England are taking the U-20 World Cup in the summer quite seriously it seems. They've kept roughly the same group together for a while now. Would be great for Ezri if he were able to impress and make it into the squad for the tournament.
  • Options
    Well done Ezri

And not trying to sound cynical, an England call up will increase his value (to the new owners)
  • Options
    I wonder if they see him as a centre back or a midfielder?
  • Options
    Is it me or is he hyping them up far more than previous managers did?

Wasn't there talk of him getting some sort of bonus for Dele Alli being sold? Probably the same here.

"He's a Premier League player now". No he's not. But then Robinson also compared Joe Aribo to Patrick Vieira.

Do other similar sized clubs that are ran properly talk about selling players like this?
  • Options
    Brand new contract just been signed by him, so we can get more money for the summer sale, or because he's decided to continue his development here with us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Brand new contract just been signed by him, so we can get more money for the summer sale, or because he's decided to continue his development here with us?

Where did you see that?
  • Options
    Excellent news.

Yes, he might be sold but if so at least we get more cash for him.

If not, we've got a good player for another three years.
  • Options
    Wish him well he looks good.
  • Options
    Great news. Well deserved.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic are delighted to announce that academy graduate Ezri Konsa has signed a new contract at the club.

The teenager, who joined the Addicks at under-11 level, has excelled in his breakthrough season, making 34 first-team appearances so far. His fine form has resulted in him being named in the England U20 squad for this month’s internationals.

In the last 10 years, 32 players have progressed through Charlton’s youth ranks and made senior debuts - of which Konsa is one - and his new deal commits him to the Addicks until the summer of 2020.

• Options
    Let's hope it's to keep him at the club, looks a really good young player. Be nice to see him progress a bit further with us.
  • Options
    Good news, hopefully he outlasts Roland.
  • Options
    Good news, for his sake he ought to stay another season at least, rather than rotting in a PL academy.

• Options

Good news, for his sake he ought to stay another season at least, rather than rotting in a PL academy.

I doubt his mate Ademola would say that to him.

Or his agent.