Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ezri Konsa (p3. England U20 call up)

Comments

• Options
    If we have tex, Bauer, Pearce, konsa, Lennon and diarra all fit there is some serious competition for places there!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wish we had an owner that cared more about developing a team rather than his next payday.
  • Options

If we have tex, Bauer, Pearce, konsa, Lennon and diarra all fit there is some serious competition for places there!

And yet our options in central midfield remain as deep as a very shallow puddle!
  • Options
    As deep as the rain on a windscreen after the windscreen wiper has just wiped.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

And yet our options in central midfield remain as deep as a very shallow puddle!
    Diarra will play in midfield, I don't think we saw enough of Kashi last season to know whether he's only a Diarra like holding midfielder, or has more to his game than that
  • Options
    Is this a Konsa! thread?

Kashi played a mainly holding role with a bit more attacking play and speed than say Diarra who was played often in defence but looked better in his traditional role as a brilliant player now slightly older and relying more on tactical nouse than any real turn of speed.
  • Options
    I know Diarra did a decent enough job at CB at the beginning of last season, but now we seem fully staffed at CB, I doubt if he'll be played there again except if their really is no other choice.

Diarra's 1st touch control, precise passing and vision would really enhance our central midfield in this division.
    But who's going to provide the energetic younger legs beside him - unless, Mr Kashi ever gets fit maybe?

• Options
    after the THD sale you can't help but feel that if a Championship club came in with £100k for Konsa, we'd probably sell.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

after the THD sale you can't help but feel that if a Championship club came in with £100k for Konsa, we'd probably sell.

100k? RD would accept far less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"His club are braced for January offers"

Less 'braced' than, 'rubbing their hands at'.

Ka-ching!
  • Options
    RD knocking one out reading those headlines!
  • Options
    If Brussell doesn't pull his finger out soon we can expect to see Konsa and Lookman go in the January fire sale.
  • Options
    Pretty much the way football is now. Any kid playing regular league football at the age of 18 is going to be on the radar of premier league clubs. They have so much money these days that they can take a gamble for 2-3m (or in our case probably 1-1.5m) and it's a drop in the ocean.
  • Options
    No surprise there.

Kid breaks through into the First Team and is 19-years old or under... Plays a lot of games so create the stock transfer rumour linking him with the regular clubs who like to farm up all the talent.

Now if that link said: Sunderland | West Brom | Stoke etc. THEN I'd be worried
  • Options
    On Tuesday he made a couple of absolutely blinding blocks and clearances.

There were a few moments on inexperience but if he is learning as he goes along then it's all part of his development.

He's got Arsenal in his destiny IMO. Great defender and proper footballer too - but needs at least 1 season as first choice CB in Championship or above before he's ready for those heights
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

He is very good indeed.
    He is very young and inexperienced.
    Watching on Tuesday I began to think that he is now in need of a bit less exposure and a bit more care for his progress, I don't want to see another exploited then damaged youngster set back in his progress.
    He still needs nurturing and guidance good player though he is.

Agreed he's better than Ahearne-Grant when he broke through yet isnt as good or consistent as Joe Gomez.

He's currently on a precarious line between the two, and if not nurtured properly could easily have his career stall like KAG
  • Options

Does it make sense to be concerned that if scouts are coming along to check out EK15 they will also have the opportunity to clock PB5 ? Mr Mainwaring, permission to panic, sir !!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Reading the match thread he went from hero to zero in a little over a month.

I thought he was fine on Tuesday. Not great, not bad.

Konsa will be fine, he is going to have the odd bad game given his age.

If he had the consistency of Gomez, he probably wouldn't be with us still.

I don't think he'll go in January, this looks like agent hype to me.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I couldn't agree more. I was surprised at some of the marks he was getting because I thought he had a decent game. Not perfect but considering his age and experience I think he was fine

• Options
    If we had Varney's lot in charge, we could keep the likes of Konsa, Lookman etc and build a team around them. We all know they'll be sold for a paltry sum under this current lot
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Pearce was guiding him along very nicely, now having to adjust to a different defensive partner in PB..
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He is very good indeed.
    He is very young and inexperienced.
    Watching on Tuesday I began to think that he is now in need of a bit less exposure and a bit more care for his progress, I don't want to see another exploited then damaged youngster set back in his progress.
    He still needs nurturing and guidance good player though he is.

The human element is not a consideration here, we should be used to that by now.

Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is until the Belgians piss off
  • Options
    From the mirror...

"Both Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are all monitoring the Latics prospect and could make their move in January with Charlton expecting several offers"

Ffs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlton-wonder-kid-ezri-konsa-8933046
  • Options

From the mirror...

"Both Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are all monitoring the Latics prospect and could make their move in January with Charlton expecting several offers"

Ffs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlton-wonder-kid-ezri-konsa-8933046

He'll be joining Wigan before making his big move.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Pearce was guiding him along very nicely, now having to adjust to a different defensive partner in PB..
    He is better suited to play with Pearce who is left footed.
    He's had to move to the left to accommodate Bauer which is not perfect .