Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• However much they might be out of favour, I'm surprised the likes of Penney and Kilkenny haven't had a runout in one of these games. It's weeks since they last played for us.
  • However much they might be out of favour, I'm surprised the likes of Penney and Kilkenny haven't had a runout in one of these games. It's weeks since they last played for us.
    I think we’ll see little of both going forward tbh as Holden plans towards next year and assesses who he wants to keep/release/sell.
  • mart77 said:
    However much they might be out of favour, I'm surprised the likes of Penney and Kilkenny haven't had a runout in one of these games. It's weeks since they last played for us.
    I think we’ll see little of both going forward tbh as Holden plans towards next year and assesses who he wants to keep/release/sell.
    Kilkenny was on the bench yesterday, and with Payne suspended next Saturday he might be on the bench again
  • mart77 said:
    However much they might be out of favour, I'm surprised the likes of Penney and Kilkenny haven't had a runout in one of these games. It's weeks since they last played for us.
    Kilkenny was on the bench yesterday, and with Payne suspended next Saturday he might be on the bench again
    I just think neither are in our future plans. Would rather give some of the academy lads a run out. That said I don’t think we’ll renew Bonne and I wonder if Holden is trying to aid some lads in getting clubs for next year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Are Mack Reilly and Toure on loan?
    I wonder if Ladapo has an extension clause as he only got a year contract.
    Mack did have a loan spell earlier in the season with Corinthian Casuals, but transfermarkt suggests it ended in March
    Mack did have a loan spell earlier in the season with Corinthian Casuals, but transfermarkt suggests it ended in March

Mack is still with them, played for them Saturday along with Sahid Kamara it seems. 
  • Looks like there's a good crop of young midfielders to come through with Anderson,Adigun,Huke and Williams.
    I see no benefit in them playing for us again.
  • Had hoped we’d have heard about some new deals for a good few of this group, by now. Hoping the lack of announcements isn’t a bad sign 🤞🏻
  • edited April 2023
    mart77 said:
    Had hoped we’d have heard about some new deals for a good few of this group, by now. Hoping the lack of announcements isn’t a bad sign 🤞🏻

I think Kanu, Huke, Adigun, Anderson, Rylah, Bower, Chin and Mitchell are already signed longer than end of this season but may be wrong. With Leaburn, Ness and Campbell now part of the dirt team squad that is a fair few youngsters to start.

Casey, Assimbwe, Laqeretabua and Kone no announcements an from what I hear in here it would be good to see them sign.  Don't know the other U18s well enough but suspect there are more diamonds given how well they are doing. Then I wonder if Ladapo has an extension option as he seems to be doing ok in U23's.

Given the number of youngsters on our books currently I suspect there could be an outsized number of the fringe kids released. 

No real knowledge as I don't watch (just follow with interest on here) but the likes of Harvey, Barker, Bakrin, Williams, Toure, Reilly, Clayden, Kamara,.Santos, Viggars, Gavin and Roddy don't seem to be near the first team and either had no loans or loans to a relatively low level. 

Then you have Dench, French, O'Connor, Oguntayo whom have not really been on my radar at all.

Tough time of year for those who do get released.

Not sure either actually played for us although they were on the pitch on a few occasions.
  • mart77 said:
    Had hoped we’d have heard about some new deals for a good few of this group, by now. Hoping the lack of announcements isn’t a bad sign 🤞🏻

I think Kanu, Huke, Adigun, Anderson, Rylah, Bower, Chin and Mitchell are already signed longer than end of this season but may be wrong. With Leaburn, Ness and Campbell now part of the dirt team squad that is a fair few youngsters to start.

Casey, Assimbwe, Laqeretabua and Kone no announcements an from what I hear in here it would be good to see them sign.  Don't know the other U18s well enough but suspect there are more diamonds given how well they are doing. Then I wonder if Ladapo has an extension option as he seems to be doing ok in U23's.

Given the number of youngsters on our books currently I suspect there could be an outsized number of the fringe kids released. 

No real knowledge as I don't watch (just follow with interest on here) but the likes of Harvey, Barker, Bakrin, Williams, Toure, Reilly, Clayden, Kamara,.Santos, Viggars, Gavin and Roddy don't seem to be near the first team and either had no loans or loans to a relatively low level. 

Then you have Dench, French, O'Connor, Oguntayo whom have not really been on my radar at all.

Tough time of year for those who do get released.

Good assessment. Clayden has already left the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton's U21s are back in action at The Valley on Monday afternoon, taking on their Birmingham City counterparts in Professional Development League 2 (2pm KO BST).
    Supporters can attend Monday's fixture in SE7 with admission priced at £3 for adults and £2 for over 65s and U18s, while 2022/23 season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members go free.
    All available tickets are situated in the West Lower - click here to get yours.

Those unable to make it to The Valley can watch every kick of the action live on CharltonTV as part of their monthly or annual subscription, or fans can purchase a one-off match pass for £4 by clicking here.

CharltonTV will be providing single-camera coverage for the match - with replays - and commentary from CharltonTV regular Terry Smith.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-preview-charlton-v-birmingham-city

• 1-0 Sahid Kamara

the most delightful chip I think
  • Very lovely second goal from Casey,
  • 2-0 Casey

great work on the wing from Rylah, crossed for Adigun who lays it perfectly into Casey to dispatch 
  • Kone in the Addicks goal appears to have got changed in a phone box!  He’s made a few superb stops 
  • Does anyone know Casey's contract situation? Seems to score for fun at age group level and wonder if he's one we'll manage to hold onto. 
  • edited April 2023
    Watching the game on Charlton Live TV.

Very impressive performance by the the lads, clearly the better side…….so far.
    The usual Under 21’s odd mistakes here and there but pleasingly not many to speak of.
    Enjoyable watch…..in fact, I can honestly say more so than some of our 1st Team’s recent performances.
    We certainly have some fellas that look like they could go all the way, with all on view today doing themselves no harm at all in achieving their collective aims.