Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Less than a minute into the second half.
  • Watching the game on Charlton Live TV.

Very impressive performance by the the lads, clearly the better side…….so far.
    The usual Under 21’s odd mistakes here and there but pleasingly not many to speak of.
    Enjoyable watch…..in fact, I can honestly say more so than some of our 1st Team’s recent performances.
    We certainly have some fellas that look like they could go all the way, with all on view today doing themselves no harm at all in achieving their collective aims.

When they play in the first team will supporters let them make mistakes and be inconsistent as we are seeing with the young players that have got the chance 
  • edited April 2023
    4-0 - great goal from Laps.
  • Ladapo comes on and scores with his second touch, after he played a 1-2
    4-0
  • 4-1 now.
  • 4-0
    Ladapo.  Lovely move

now 4-1
    soneone in blue scored.  I wasn’t watching 
  • 4-2 now.
    Our players are looking a bit tired.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed that…..most impressive. 👏
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Does anyone know Casey's contract situation? Seems to score for fun at age group level and wonder if he's one we'll manage to hold onto. 
    Nothing announced in him or Kone who both look impressive.  Casey has a similar (maybe even better) goal scoring record to Kanu last season.  They are both 27 so could sign.  Hopefully if our takeover goes.thriugh this can be fast tracked (assuming not already done and just not announced).
  • Sponsored links:

• Could have been 8 - 4 !   Enjoyed that.
  • All Charlton goals on CAFC Twitter 
  • Some superb passing today. Harris O'Connor looks a real prospect.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Some superb passing today. Harris O'Connor looks a real prospect.
    From memory I thought he was just as impressive as Ness when we played Gillingham in the EFL Trophy.
  • The OS is showing 2 matches on Tuesday ( tomorrow) for the U21s.....

2pm kick off at Peterborough, presumably a league fixture , but also a 7.45 kick off against Haringey Borough. The afternoon fixture clearly is stated as " Away at Peterborough Utd".

I think we are aware that the evening match  is the Final of the London Senior Cup but there is no mention of this.

And I believe the team we shall be playing against is actually Hendon FC.

To confuse matters even more, underneath the opponents' name, it states "Home" which indicates that it is a home fixture for our U21s ! 

You could say that it's ambiguous but the final match of the season against Hull City a week later is at The Valley and "Home" once again is stated under the opponents' name. 

So, when is " Home "actually home and when is "Home " when it should be away ?

Think some clarity is urgently required on this as we know our U21s' games are keenly supported by our fans whenever possible. 

2pm kick off at Peterborough, presumably a league fixture , but also a 7.45 kick off against Haringey Borough. The afternoon fixture clearly is stated as " Away at Peterborough Utd".

I think we are aware that the evening match  is the Final of the London Senior Cup but there is no mention of this.

To confuse matters even more, underneath the opponents' name, it states "Home" which indicates that it is a home fixture for our U21s ! 

You could say that it's ambiguous but the final match of the season against Hull City a week later is at The Valley and "Home" once again is stated under the opponents' name. 

Think some clarity is urgently required on this as we know our U21s' games are keenly supported by our fans whenever possible. 
    Nope the game is at Hendon I believe, but we are playing Haringey Borough... We beat Hendon in the Semi-Finals

https://www.google.com/search?q=London+Senior+Cup&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/09_q_v;2;/m/025z1s9;mt;fp;1;;;
  • OK, thanks, FA but are 2 U21 teams playing on the same day ? 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-double-header-tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    Lost 5-0
  • That must have been a very young squad they put out. I hardly recognised any of the players. Hope it does not knock their confidence.
  • msomerton said:
    That must have been a very young squad they put out. I hardly recognised any of the players. Hope it does not knock their confidence.
    It’s a chance for them to play up a few years - excellent learning if nothing else
  • Pretty much an U18 side there I'm guessing with some U16s playing up?
  • Game against Hull at 2pm on Tuesday at The Valley.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Game against Hull at 2pm on Tuesday at The Valley.
    Usually watch these matches via the stream but intend coming to this one .

Please could anyone let me know if it's free for season ticket holders or do we need to buy tickets ? 

Thanks.
  • edited May 2023
    Crusty54 said:

Please could anyone let me know if it's free for season ticket holders or do we need to buy tickets ? 

Thanks.
    @Fanny Fanackapan               Free - sign in and get ticket online so no need to queue
  • Crusty54 said:

Thanks.
    @Fanny Fanackapan               Free - sign in and get ticket online so no need to queue
    TBH, I can't see properly as I'm crying so hard .....

....but how do you get an online ticket without being charged ?