Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Very disappointing this afternoon. Poor decisions all over the pitch I felt let us down. 

I'm really concerned that Aaron Henry has gone backwards whenever I've seen him of late & wonder whether his possible dissatisfaction with the contract he appears to be refusing to sign has anything to do with his performances. What a waste if that's the case.

Honestly don't know the ages of our players or indeed those of the Robins, but they looked stronger man for man on the whole ...and were the masters of time wasting & lying down all over the pitch.

As for the ref...the less said the better and she clearly needs more training on adding time for the amount of "injuries" in the 2nd half. 

Once again, one player stood head & shoulders above the others, even more so than usual.

No need for a name....
    Roddy?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

French and Dench on the bench...
  • Options
    Dench French and Ron Saunders.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    seth plum said:
    Not really sure why people are moaning that ST holders had to pay

When you buy a ST you are buying a ST for the mens first team, not for youth games or cup games or anything else that might be at The Valley

Valley gold get in for free, because they are paying to support the youth setup.

IMO you should expect to pay and if the club ever give it to ST holders for free like in the past they have done, then gratefully accept and think its a nice gesture from the club, but people demanding it should be free for ST holders seems wrong to me, that's not what you paid your ST for.

As a ST holder I was personally happy to pay my £3 and was greated with a performance that matched the weather

Dismal
    Season ticket holders got in for free at Dartford.
    Indeed season ticket holders have got to see U21 matches for free for years.
    You could eat for 10 days on £3 according to Lee Anderson, so not everybody thinks that £3 is a trifling sum.
    Then again there is the principle of the thing.
    First of all you can't eat for 10 days for £3 that's bollocks

Secondly I never mentioned anything about £3 being a trifling amount and as someone on ESA who struggles with money on a weekly basis I would never make such a crass comment about people's finances(just for the record I have been struggling with my EUPD recently and that £3 i spent today was the first time I have done anything in ages with my own money that i made from selling MODMag) 

As I said in my original post if ST holders got in to Dartford (a different stadium less cost for the club, operating turnstiles staff and stewards) for free then treat that as a nice gesture.

But your ST doesn't entitle you to free entry to youth games, your ST entitles you to senior football matches
    Season Ticket DID get me into U/21 games up to today though. My ticket for todays match at the Valley shows £0.00 as "2022/23 Season Ticket Holder" and every U/21 game this season I have been too I have got in free as ST holder.

And I did take all the "perks" into account when we nearly didn't renew in the Summer. The Women's games have been a great bonus I might add.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Not really sure why people are moaning that ST holders had to pay

When you buy a ST you are buying a ST for the mens first team, not for youth games or cup games or anything else that might be at The Valley

Valley gold get in for free, because they are paying to support the youth setup.

IMO you should expect to pay and if the club ever give it to ST holders for free like in the past they have done, then gratefully accept and think its a nice gesture from the club, but people demanding it should be free for ST holders seems wrong to me, that's not what you paid your ST for.

As a ST holder I was personally happy to pay my £3 and was greated with a performance that matched the weather

Dismal
    Season ticket holders got in for free at Dartford.
    Indeed season ticket holders have got to see U21 matches for free for years.
    You could eat for 10 days on £3 according to Lee Anderson, so not everybody thinks that £3 is a trifling sum.
    Then again there is the principle of the thing.
    First of all you can't eat for 10 days for £3 that's bollocks

Secondly I never mentioned anything about £3 being a trifling amount and as someone on ESA who struggles with money on a weekly basis I would never make such a crass comment about people's finances(just for the record I have been struggling with my EUPD recently and that £3 i spent today was the first time I have done anything in ages with my own money that i made from selling MODMag) 

As I said in my original post if ST holders got in to Dartford (a different stadium less cost for the club, operating turnstiles staff and stewards) for free then treat that as a nice gesture.

But your ST doesn't entitle you to free entry to youth games, your ST entitles you to senior football matches
    Season Ticket DID get me into U/21 games up to today though. My ticket for todays match at the Valley shows £0.00 as "2022/23 Season Ticket Holder" and every U/21 game this season I have been too I have got in free as ST holder.

And I did take all the "perks" into account when we nearly didn't renew in the Summer. The Women's games have been a great bonus I might add.
    Exactly. One of the seven(?) perks included free entry to under 21 games and Women matches. They have reneged on the deal. That is the issue.

Been watching the under 21s for years for nothing apart from cup games. No more. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Surprised the internet hasn't had a meltdown that RODDY started.
    Roddy is doing alright, he's certainly grown a bit
  • Options

As others have said it has been free entry to the games at Princes Park for some time with it mentioned on the official game previews. This is no different to being an entitlement.

One of the reasons I bought the season ticket.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Lewis, our Fan Advisor, has just emailed me "Just to let you know I have added your point to the fans forum agenda for Thursday .
    I will come back to you once the meeting has concluded. "   Thank you Lewis!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    And again for clarity it is not the £3 but the principle/loyalty factor
  • Options
    Strange question I know.. what is the score?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    it finished 0 - 1
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    it finished 0 - 1
    thanks
  • Options
    Lewis, our Fan Advisor, has just emailed me "Just to let you know I have added your point to the fans forum agenda for Thursday .
    I will come back to you once the meeting has concluded. "   Thank you Lewis!
    I've watched today's post regarding the season ticket issue for U21 matches & want to bring another aspect of "moving the goalposts" earlier this season and which I brought to the attention of the club.

I planned to watch the live stream of the FA Youth Cup match on the evening of 17th November last but found that it was not available to watch even though I had (and continue to) paid £7pm for both these games and the U21s this season.

I emailed "website@cafc.co.uk" as advised on the OS at just before 5pm ( ko was 7pm , I believe) but as expected, didn't receive a response until the following morning.

The reply thanked me for my email & apologised that they didn't get back to me before said match the previous evening. The next line was : " Can you let us know where you saw the information about RA Youth Cup matches being live streamed & we'll get it updated. We haven't got the resources to live stream these fixtures , unfortunately".

I replied that I'd like to draw their attention to the Charlton TV link , then under the "Live" heading, click on " What can I watch". The info then states which matches are live streamed including, under the "Academy" heading - "FA Youth Cup" indicating availability both in the UK & overseas. Those involved at the club clearly don't know what information is included in their own online guide. 

I concluded that, whilst I am aware of the reduction in staffing levels which possibly contributed to allowing this "error" to remain on the site, I am concerned that this might be the tip of the iceberg ..and added that we all know what happened to the Titanic ! 

I received no further communication but found that said entry on the site had been deleted some some time later. 

If Lewis reads this, may I suggest that my issue be added to the problem of incorrect details shown on the club's official website in the hope that any new owner/s will ensure that staffing levels & any training required by them be such that there is no ambiguity to any information emanating from our club. It it less than a professional look and careless but also is selling a product which is not fit for purpose- in both the live streaming and season ticket information for the current season. 
  • Options
    Fanny - email him that to 

fanadviser@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Deji will end up playing higher than Cafc and no surprise that in the biggest crowd for years at Hayes lane, he was MOM for Bromley against the Hollywood backed Wrexham on his debut. Centre backs who can play out from the back are in great demand and so no surprise when Deji makes the odd mistake similar to John Stones when first breaking into the Barnsley team.

Both Deji Elerewe and Daniel Kanu are well known and constantly monitored by the scouts of higher clubs. This loan at Bromley could kick start his career, and with Ness out injured he can be one of our perm 2 from 4 CB's with Hector and possibly Inniss before Ness returns from injury for next season.
    Lavelle may/should be moved on. 

Hard to judge players in Under 21 games when there is no edge to the game and flat atmosphere.

• Options
    Chizz said:
    MarcusH26 said:

French and Dench on the bench...
    Batt on his butt...
  • Options
    How did his entire loan spell go, following the mom debut?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    seth plum said:
    Burger Boy wants to raise a few quid in order to create his rancid offerings?
    The season ticket refusal is deliberately nasty which perfectly fits the character of Burger Boy.

@seth plum    - ST holders and U/21 entry was raised at Fans Forum last night by Fan Adviser so hopefully good news to come .................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    The season ticket refusal is deliberately nasty which perfectly fits the character of Burger Boy.

@seth plum    - ST holders and U/21 entry was raised at Fans Forum last night by Fan Adviser so hopefully good news to come .................
    I believe there is Seth .....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Yes I had raised the issue with our Fan Adviser Lewis whom discussed it at the Fans Forum and then today sent me this " This will be posted with the fans forum notes but I thought I would come back to you personally. All U21 games at The Valley this season will be free for ST holders to attend.
    We are currently speaking to Dartford over the same agreement being in place at Princes Park both for next season and for the remainder of this campaign. I will update you on Princes Park as soon as possible."  

Brilliant Lewis, thank you.
  • Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    Yes I had raised the issue with our Fan Adviser Lewis whom discussed it at the Fans Forum and then today sent me this " This will be posted with the fans forum notes but I thought I would come back to you personally. All U21 games at The Valley this season will be free for ST holders to attend.
    We are currently speaking to Dartford over the same agreement being in place at Princes Park both for next season and for the remainder of this campaign. I will update you on Princes Park as soon as possible."  

Brilliant Lewis, thank you.
    I got the same email and replied to Lewis that there are no more games at Princes Park this season.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I find it amazing that the club has failed to post anything about the game against Wigan at The Valley today. Do they really want supporters to attend the game?

Edit - a Twitter post.

Season ticket holders will need to get a free ticket from the ticket office to enter the ground.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Crusty54 said:
    I find it amazing that the club has failed to post anything about the game against Wigan at The Valley today. Do they really want supporters to attend the game?
    There you go Crusty

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1642815451469078529?s=46&t=6nCpTTRnvNsxzFXPZnAS7w

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-preview-charlton-v-wigan-athletic

• Options
    Given they are playing tomorrow night too I am not so sure this won't be heavily made up of U18s.

Still going though :-)