Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA council members. Representing the Football League is.....

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    I signed but a shame the person who initiated it couldn't spell Charlton correctly.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Was literally no one else available?

4 free spots up for grabs so yes she was bottom of the barrel
  • Options
    times like this you really wish Varney went ahead and took her to the cleaners after she refused to retract her statement back in June.I hate this woman.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

How does she get to represent 'Charlton FC' when she is not an employee of the club? Isn't she a Staprix sub-contracted provider of management services?

No one ever found this out did they?
    She's a director of the club so would assume this counted as an employee?
  • Options

Missed It said:

How does she get to represent 'Charlton FC' when she is not an employee of the club? Isn't she a Staprix sub-contracted provider of management services?

No one ever found this out did they?
    She's a director of the club so would assume this counted as an employee?
    Murray is a director but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get paid. If I recall, Meire doesn't show up on the company figures for her salary as 'CEO' but there was a charge for management services.

Either way, if both of them are paid nothing they are still vastly overpaid!
  • Options
    Surely this is a real plus for us? The scope for causing Squirrel Face endless and acute embarrassment is now considerable. Suspect she will move heaven and earth not to be made to look like the buffoon she is in front of all those clueless EFL suits.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Its so depressing that this ticks all the right boxes for all the wrong reasons.

The FA Council get a token female on board after they were criticised for being 'stale, pale and male', regardless of Meire's competence or suitability.

Meire gets another 'look at me, aren't I great' on her LinkedIn profile and an excuse to bugger off to meetings at Lancaster gate rather than doing any actual work.

• Options
    I'm not sure I understand you lot.
    Get behind my #FAemploykateyfulltime campaign, its the way forward. Having done a wonderful job at the Valley she should be given a full-time contract and immediately start work on the Target 20,000 for the FA cup final next May. ;)
  • Options
    No wonder the FA ignored our complaint about her
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to address this to the EFL as well as the FA - she is an EFL representative.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

We are still trying on that one, but can only assume they treated it as a character reference?!
  • Options
    Must admit I am rather stunned by this appointment, even by the EFL standards.
    Have there management committee been living in a cave for the past 18 months?
    What next, Blackpool, being used as a 'model club' to aspire to.
    Had to check the date was not April 1st.......

• Options
    Signed the petition.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

ross1 said:

We are still trying on that one, but can only assume they treated it as a character reference?!
    In the FA offices during early August 2016, a junior admin assistant named James is checking his emails when he finds some disturbing news about Katrien Meire - a candidate for an FA Council position:

"Erhhh.. Boss, before we go making this appointment - I think you should read this message about her.", the assistant says to his boss. An older looking gentleman sighs and walks over to James' desk, resting his arm on the back of the junior's chair. He begins to stroke his chin as he reads the email, his furrowed brow hinting that he's deeply concerned at the contents of the email he's reading.

The older gentleman clears his throat and meekly replies "Mmm, I see - it says she's pissed off a few thousand football fans, appears to be entirely clueless and incapable of acknowledging her own mistakes. Well this is interesting.. there's only one thing we can do now, James.". James looks up at the older gentleman and says "What's that then, boss?".

The older gentleman breathes a sigh of frustration - "Quite clearly James, we must send her the official offer now - and for God's sake throw some bonuses or incentives in to her deal! A lady with this knowledge of football and skill in fan-engagement will really go places in somewhere like the FA!".

"Oh, and get that nice Roger Johnson on the phone will you? I think he's the perfect role-model for a campaign targeting children coming up."
  • Options
    maybe needs a thread of its own?
  • Options
    I reckon this explains it. bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28499047

Positive action to redress a gender bias, and there are precious few women in football administration to choose from. It seems her gender outweighs her lack of football knowledge and ability.
  • Options
    Signed
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Positive action to redress a gender bias, and there are precious few women in football administration to choose from. It seems her gender outweighs her lack of football knowledge and ability.

Unfortunately this is quite likely, and considering she's yelled "sexism" before... well, I'd be surprised if she doesn't again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The heights of her self-regarding lunacy know no bounds! Her head is so firmly jammed up her own rear end she has missed that her appointment to this FA fiasco is tokenism of the lowest order. The only reason she's in is because she's female. She has no merit on which her appointment could be justified. Any bloke who put himself forward and was overlooked has a cast iron case of sexual discrimination, regardless of how pale, stale and male he might be.
    She is as valid a candidate for this role as rojo is as a Junior Reds mentor.
    Nauseating.
  • Options
    There are those on here and other Charlton places that will give her much ammunition to claim sexist bias against her.
    They won't change so she'll be seen as a martyr by those unaware of why we're angry.
  • Options
    In weird sort of way, her being on that council will work to our advantage.

Get other clubs involved and tell them that this woman could be the worse thing that ever happens to English football if she is allowed to get her claws into the running of our game.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

"If you look at who's supporting, who's playing football, and then you look at the FA Council - it doesn't represent them," Dyke said.

"It's still overwhelmingly male, overwhelmingly white in a world that isn't overwhelmingly male and white, and somehow that has to be changed.

"We have to try and change it but we're not alone, supporters have got to try and change it as well."

I think we should take those last words as an invitation...

• Options
    edited August 2016
    The only thing that will happen to her on that committee is that she will get to a senior position thereby satisfying their PC requirements ...nothing good about this.
  • Options
    We really do need to direct some of our attention towards the EFL too. It seems they have eight places on the FA Council - six are EFL board members, the other two elected by the 72 clubs. KM is one of the latter. As someone just said on Twitter, so did they look at CAFC as a role model and think, we'd like some of that?
  • Options

ross1 said:

My reading of this is that if the FA have not yet responded to the Trust re their letter citing a breach of Rule E3 for bringing the game into disrepute (in regard of KMs comments at the Daily Telegraph event) then she is still under investigation at the FA until such time as they have communicated a decision.

Therefore the FA have appointed onto their Council someone who is under investigation by the same organisation.
    I gather that the appointment was made 2 weeks ago with Barry Bright in the chair. If a decision was made on the Rule E3 breach prior to the appointment then this needs to be made public. If it wasn't then Meire should be suspended from the FA Council until such time as the decision is made public.

Furthermore, if she has been found to have breached Rule E3 or has been censured behind closed doors then she should be removed immediately from the Council.

Some transparency from the FA is required urgently.

If only. I suggest our letter simply ended up in someone's real or virtual trash. Can't expect them to listen to the customers, after all, can you?
  • Options
    Is Prince William still the President of the FA?

Dear Your Royal Highness, ...............
  • Options
    This 'appointment' to an impotent, half - cocked council is insignificant to the real matter at hand. Getting rid of her.
    But it's grist for the mill for the hand - wringing, conspiracy wibblers to bibble on and on about her.
    A lot of fuss about nothing.
    As usual.