Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA council members. Representing the Football League is.....

Comments

• Options
    Can they appoint someone with an FA complaint from the supporters pending?
    Would be good to kickstart that up again and embarrass not only KM/RD but also the FA!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Unbelievable. How is this pathetic weasel of a woman in such a position.

Even if there is no one else, surely they have some minimum standards that need to be met.
  • Options
    Corrupt bastards
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Completely hilarious and surreal. However, please knock off the sexist comments - it paints us in a very bad light. We need to take the moral high ground at all times.

What's wrong with being sexy?
  • Options
    What will the roll consist of doing and passing decisions on

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Token female, token under 60, token joke CEO!

• Options
    This is akin to asking Adolf Hitler to sit on Nato.
  • Options

Unbelievable. How is this pathetic weasel of a woman in such a position.

Even if there is no one else, surely they have some minimum standards that need to be met.

It seems they don't. Like someone has said on Twitter, this is an absolutely insult. The FA either know nothing about what's been going on at our club in the past couple of years or they simply don't give a shit (sorry I'm just really angry) about us, the Charlton supporters.

Is there any way for us to force the FA to remove her?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    jamescafc said:

Not many women occupy senior positions in football. She gets the gig without question in order to meet their quota

CL readers from earlier in the year will know that Katrien Meire also received a top award from her former University in Belgium in March purely by being a woman having been appointed CEO at Charlton irrespective of her performance in that role (the reasons given by the Uni for the award border on sexist - woman succeeding in a traditionally difficult business etc. etc.).

This is still being challenged as the prestigious award is something which she will add to her CV along with this appointment which also clearly needs to be challenged.

She is not fit to wear the FA shirt.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm not in the slightest bit suprised. The world is stuffed full of cocksuckers who would leap at an opportunity like this

'Any idea what you're doing'?

'Oh yes absolutely'

'Righto, jump aboard'

Puts a tick in both parties boxes even if having a committee full of know-nothings screws everyone else up
  • Options
    Having thought about this overnight, I wonder if the FA aren't as daft as we think.

"So, Katy, tell us all the ideas you have for Charlton FC?"

They then know all they have to do is the complete opposite, to get a professional, well run club & association! Brilliant really!!
  • Options
    Can't remember where I saw it now but even after her appointment the FL still have four vacancies for this. So it looks like a role no one really wants.
  • Options
    Fuck this... Im fucking done...

This club is so so screwed... only good news is I predicted the score on Saturday...

Just so AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BURN FUCKING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

On the plus side, she'll be bored senseless.

@DaveMehmet will be along soon to volunteer.........

• Options
    Look on the positive side. This is another opportunity for her to further damage her career.
  • Options
    Sounds like typical meire. She is the Karel fraeye of the football business world.

She knew of the vacancy and like a fraeye....probably showed a very keen (persuading) interest. Background check? OK, perhaps not, FA.

Also sounds like the Google cleansing idea is pretty much on the money.

Her ambition somewhat irritates me. She's simply just awful but relentless.

Few questions for people in the know or with a rough idea about the FA as I know FA about the FA roles like this.

What kind of responsibilities will she have?

What's the job description?

How the hell has she managed to weasel herself into this one and how can we get her fired?

• Options
    She will fit the job perfectly, useless job worth only there to improve her CV.

Our club is in crisis and she spends even less time doing what she should.

Useless Belgian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully the first note on the Agenda after the first big protest will be... "Katrien please explain why the fans are protesting and why you cant keep them in check"
  • Options
    Just looked at the link. The only other employees representing the football league joining her is someone from scunthorpe and another from fleetwood.

Really doesn't look that great and clearly a job no one else is diving in for.

That's why she got it.

She wants the extra platform.

The more "friends" she has....by that, I mean her giving them her convincing one on one sob story so they feel sorry for her and then publicly critique Charlton fans.

Her poison has spread from day one and continues to like a virus.
  • Options
    Starting to feel like AFC Charlton is going to become a reality.......
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Her poison has spread from day one and continues to like a virus.

Careful mate;
  • Options
    Stig said:

colthe3rd said:

Anyone that surprised?

Not in the slightest. From Meire's perspective it's a great little role to go on her cv. When she's finished wrecking Charlton and gets shuffled around to somewhere else in Uncle Roly's network, there will be people that question her interests in football. She'll be able to brag that she sat on the FA Council. Alternatively if she gets out of football (when the old man finally snuffs it and no one else will employ her), she'll be able to pitch up for roles as a non-exec director citing this as experience of working for corporate bodies. We'll done Katrien, you're not entirely useless - you can climb greasy poles better than almost anyone.

From the FA's perspective, I'm not surprised either. If they are carrying a number of vacancies they'll need a bloody good reason not to let a willing club CEO take a position. If they don't have enough evidence/power to say that she's not suitable to be leader of our club, then they won't have enough evidence/power to say that she's not suitable to be a part of the blazered-beano gang either.

We know she's useless, she knows she's useless and they are just about to find out how useless she is. But I suspect there's not much can be done to stop Meire's career juggernaut rolling into town, though. It's not exactly a plum role, but it is a role for a plum - with aspirations.
    Yeh but what will she actually be doing in this role?

If they've given it to her then it must be a load of bollocks.

They wouldn't trust her to make decisions.
    She will just be sitting in a chair, listening.
  • Options
    I Can imagine she will use it to get over how badly treated she is and how the FA have done nothing bla bla bla.
  • Options
    I wondered how long it would be before the FA would honour Katrien for her incompetence.
  • Options

At the risk of sounding sexist, isv her role to make the tea and tidy the room up afterwards?

Nah i think you got away with that one smudger!