Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's also back as well.....................Match Thread Addicks v's Bury 6/8/16

Comments

• Peter_G said:

Addicks midfield ages:-
    Foley 31, Crofts 32, JJ 33, Holmes 29.

Very very experienced midfield!
  • Proper turn out old faces.
  • Lookman on the bench? He was what I was banking on to prevent our midfield being the slowest in history.

Ffs he better not be off.
  • It is the summer holidays to be fair.
  • Just had a quick glance but I think I'm right in saying there are no overseas players in the squad
  • Bench is a joke btw
  • Beckboy said:

Bring on Lookman when there defence is tired perfect plan

And we're 3-0 down
  • Good afternoon Red. Glad to have you back 'raring' to go! Lets hope this season isn't as depressing as last............

COYR..........
  • cafc4life said:

Beckboy said:

Bring on Lookman when there defence is tired perfect plan

And we're 3-0 down
    Bloody hell thats the spirit
  • Anyone got anything on CAFC player yet, they have said they have started broadcasting?
  • Sponsored links:

• At Gigg Lane

Rudd looks as if he needs a few pies compared to Phillips who looks like he's had too many
  • No Jay Simpson in the Orient squad ill according to there twitter
  • Just had a quick glance but I think I'm right in saying there are no overseas players in the squad

Kevin Foley is from the Republic of Ireland... Although was born in Luton
  • Got a very very good feeling about this one.. As much as I detest Roland and Katrien I still can't help that excitement feeling for the first game of a season.

COYR!
  • Anyone got anything on CAFC player yet, they have said they have started broadcasting?

BBC London 94.9 is also providing coverage apparently
  • 4hr drive back from Dorset to make it to the sofa in time to follow the scores and RedMid.

Gonna win today, come on you reds!
  • Beckboy said:

No Jay Simpson in the Orient squad ill according to there twitter

Guess he's actually ill then seeing Orient dont have a lying b***h of a CEO
  • Rachubka was on our books wasn't he?

Certainly was somehow I have a framed signed shirt in my possession???

It came on for a bit, was entirely jumbled, and has since gone back off air.
  • 20 mins to get your Predictions League done, if you've not done before give it a go
  • Sponsored links:

• Oi Louis, who Palarse playing today? ;)
  • edited August 2016

Just had a quick glance but I think I'm right in saying there are no overseas players in the squad

He's as Irish as Andy Townsend

Edit: I seem to recall that Foley's parents are both Irish, so I think that gives him the edge.
  • Sun bed in Ibiza on iPhone keeping 1 eye on the kids in the pool and the other on this thread/twitter

COYR

0-2 (Adjose and Jackson)
  • Also no Louis Thompson in the Norwich squad today either.

He's as Irish as Andy Townsend

Edit: I seem to recall that Foley's parents are both Irish, so I think that gives him the edge.
    And Clinton Morrison
  • Hopefully if some of our bench finish their homework by halftimetime some might be allowed on second half
  • edited August 2016

Jacko left mid then with look man on the bench. Ffs

No not really... You'd expect Foley to be on the Right of Midfield seeing that he can also play Right Back so will protect Solly whilst Ricky Holmes is left footed so he wont be going through the middle.

Lookman off then...

He's not had as long a pre-season as the rest of the squad though... Least it gives us ONE option from the bench!!
    Holmes is right footed, and unfortunately I expect Foley and Crofts in central midfield and Jackson on the left. It's a midfield desperately lacking in a change of pace and quality in possession/ability to break teams down.

As far as Lookman goes, I think it's more that he didn't really have much time off. I suspect we're trying to ease him back. Given he played through most of July, and was training with the U-19s from June, burnout should be a real concern, especially for such a young player. He at least gives us the ability to change things off the bench. I suspect the tactic is too keep it tight and try to nick a goal, which I think will be our tactic for most of the season.

The one I would read into is Ba not being on the bench. He's far from perfect but he offers us something different in midfield. I wonder if he's off now. I think it'd be a silly move to let him go as I think there's a player in there and we're not exactly brilliant at replacing the players we let go.
  • Im still getting nothing on CAFC Player, anyone getting it at all?
  • Entirely reliant on Holmes to set up all our goals, cm have a combined he of 100 odd and no pace. Nothing on the bench bar Lookman. Exciting times.
  • Jay Simpson is going to Southend.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!