Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fishing

Comments

• One of the Linton Angling Society lakes - in the grounds of Linton Park - tends to get fished for carp but the bream and tench are relatively neglected. Is a pig to get to however.

Joined a few weeks ago and am working my way through their various waters and very much enjoying it to boot! Apart from anything else they are all in some of the finest countryside in Kent and some are actually surrounded by orchards. The fishing has been pretty good in most of them, except for the Royal Military Cannal which I think is more to do with my knowledge of the water than anything else!

• My favorite fish of the session
    I thought the scale formation is stunning
    Proving size isn't everything

Nice one that, what lake is that from?
    Orchard farm lake 7
    Had a look on the website, not into night fishing personally. Any ideas on what the day ticket waters are like? Might have to nip down there soon
  • LEM reporting live from Birchmere Thamesmead. Fishing sweetcorn with a cage feeder. Just started - I'll keep you posted on what happens.
  • LEM reporting live from Birchmere Thamesmead. Fishing sweetcorn with a cage feeder. Just started - I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Its been 12 hours now...........................anything to report?

Its been 12 hours now...........................anything to report?
    Still in the Bargepole
  • Sorry I got distracted! One 4.5 lb bream and a few small roach. Afternoon was very slow.
  • Sorry I got distracted! One 4.5 lb bream and a few small roach. Afternoon was very slow.

Nice bream, well done sir

I don't think the warm weather is helping at the mo LEM. My club lake has completely switched off.
  • red_murph said:

Sorry I got distracted! One 4.5 lb bream and a few small roach. Afternoon was very slow.

I don't think the warm weather is helping at the mo LEM. My club lake has completely switched off.
    Not surprised. Changes in water temperature, either up or down, put fish off feeding.
  • My favorite fish of the session
    I thought the scale formation is stunning
    Proving size isn't everything

Nice one that, what lake is that from?
    Orchard farm lake 7
    Had a look on the website, not into night fishing personally. Any ideas on what the day ticket waters are like? Might have to nip down there soon
    You can fish any of the lakes just for a day
    Lakes 1 and 2 produce plenty during daylight hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Just had a afternoon/evening on the river
    No joy though
    Beats a crap night at the valley
    More chance of my alarms screaming off than us scoring tonight
  • I have only fished about 7 or 8 times in my life but caught a couple of trout in a couple of hours last week from a lake. Very easy. Just need to go to Shetland!
  • ozaddick said:

I do a lot of fishing over here. Caught this Spanish mackerel on a boys trip in March. Spent 4 nights on a boat off the coast of Shark bay in Western Australia. Best fishing of my life.

Nice strap on
  • This is a 6 kg coral trout. A bucket list fish for me! Couldn't believe how big it was when I pulled it up! The colouring is amazing in the sunlight, beautiful looking fish and it melts in the mouth when cooked.
  • edited July 2016
    ozaddick said:

I do a lot of fishing over here. Caught this Spanish mackerel on a boys trip in March. Spent 4 nights on a boat off the coast of Shark bay in Western Australia. Best fishing of my life.

Now that's living the dream
  • If anyone does a bit around Kent give me a shout. I'll bring beer (or tea) and I want to get into fishing but no idea where to start.
  • If anyone is struggling with fishing or wants to get in to it give a me a shout. I am a qualified fishing coach. I've been taught by some of the best in the game ( Andy May. Rob Wotton. Jamie Hughes.Des Shipp.) I fish matches all over the UK . But to me there know better in enjoyment than someone catching fish for the first time. Next Tuesday August 2nd Iam taking 20 kids fishing for there first time. It would also be nice to organise a match for all of us on here .just a fun day out .beer food and fish. I live in Hereford near the mighty river wye if anyone up this way. Also I am prepared to travel to help someone out to get into fishing. Tight lines Tony
  • @Tom meet @cafcledbury

You two are made for each other (well at least as far as this thread goes) separated purely by land and a couple of rivers...

• edited July 2016

If anyone is struggling with fishing or wants to get in to it give a me a shout. I am a qualified fishing coach. I've been taught by some of the best in the game ( Andy May. Rob Wotton. Jamie Hughes.Des Shipp.) I fish matches all over the UK . But to me there know better in enjoyment than someone catching fish for the first time. Next Tuesday August 2nd Iam taking 20 kids fishing for there first time. It would also be nice to organise a match for all of us on here .just a fun day out .beer food and fish. I live in Hereford near the mighty river wye if anyone up this way. Also I am prepared to travel to help someone out to get into fishing. Tight lines Tony

Good grief, I'm more a Jan Porter and Bob Nudd man myself. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

If anyone is struggling with fishing or wants to get in to it give a me a shout. I am a qualified fishing coach. I've been taught by some of the best in the game ( Andy May. Rob Wotton. Jamie Hughes.Des Shipp.) I fish matches all over the UK . But to me there know better in enjoyment than someone catching fish for the first time. Next Tuesday August 2nd Iam taking 20 kids fishing for there first time. It would also be nice to organise a match for all of us on here .just a fun day out .beer food and fish. I live in Hereford near the mighty river wye if anyone up this way. Also I am prepared to travel to help someone out to get into fishing. Tight lines Tony

Was sad to see that Jan Porter passed away last month TCE, always enjoyed his tv stuff and a top bloke by all accounts.

On the subject of Nuddy. The strangest thing I ever saw was a bloke fishing completely naked down at Wylands in Battle. Apart from clearly being mad there are some serious tackle safety issues right there!
  • Bob is a legend been on the next peg a few times
    Nicest man you will ever meet
    Used to get my bloodworm and joker from him
    Spent 25 years match fishing then one day i just gave it up
    Now just go carp fishing
    Sitting in my bivvy drinking tea and eating pot noodles waiting for my alarms to go off
    Now just go carp fishing
    Sitting in my bivvy drinking tea and eating pot noodles waiting for my alarms to go off

I am going in the opposite direction. Been carp fishing for 20 years and getting a little fed up with sitting behind my alarms waiting for them to go off. I have been float & feeder fishing this season and loving it. No time to read or have a doze, to much going on.
    Now just go carp fishing

I am going in the opposite direction. Been carp fishing for 20 years and getting a little fed up with sitting behind my alarms waiting for them to go off. I have been float & feeder fishing this season and loving it. No time to read or have a doze, to much going on.
    Almost exactly the same as me, although I have one 'carp' sleeper rod and the waggler.

My old man is the exact opposite. Now got into his carp fishing after not going for a bit when he was the one who got me into my float fishing in the first place.

• red_murph said:

T.C.E said:

Was sad to see that Jan Porter passed away last month TCE, always enjoyed his tv stuff and a top bloke by all accounts.

On the subject of Nuddy. The strangest thing I ever saw was a bloke fishing completely naked down at Wylands in Battle. Apart from clearly being mad there are some serious tackle safety issues right there!
    Really, he couldn't have been that old?
    I loved Jan, blew the theory of blending into the background while fishing by dressing head to toe in red. I turned up at a match on the severn dressed in the same hoping the Chub would think I was Jan and throw theirselves into my net. It didn't work.......... RIP Mr Porter.
  • red_murph said:

T.C.E said:

I fished next to John Wilson in a charity match, I felt like drowning him after 10 minutes...... That annoying laugh!!
  • T.C.E said:

red_murph said:

T.C.E said:

Really, he couldn't have been that old?
    I loved Jan, blew the theory of blending into the background while fishing by dressing head to toe in red. I turned up at a match on the severn dressed in the same hoping the Chub would think I was Jan and throw theirselves into my net. It didn't work.......... RIP Mr Porter.
    Wasn't that old at all mate. Bastard bloody cancer if I recall correctly.

• edited July 2016
    Cant see how they fit in the cans? Tuna in Cyprus
  • T.C.E said:

red_murph said:

T.C.E said:

I fished next to John Wilson in a charity match, I felt like drowning him after 10 minutes...... That annoying laugh!!
    Used his old tackle shop in Norfolk a few times. Grew up loving his programmes on the box but could be quite annoying by all accounts.

If you've not seen his nephew Martin Bowlers 'catching the impossible' it's well well worth a look. Directed by Hugh Miles who did the original 'a passion for angling'.

• Jack Hargreaves " out of town" great program